Windows 10: Smartscreen.exe stop working

Discus and support Smartscreen.exe stop working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi yesterday, when I was working late at night, a warning about smartscreen.exe stop working due to internal memory showed up. It said that maybe some... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tomásmanarte, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Smartscreen.exe stop working

Hi yesterday, when I was working late at night, a warning about smartscreen.exe stop working due to internal memory showed up. It said that maybe some malicios person trying to use the program to do some bad, the text seems odd. I was working on a college project so i had a lot od website opened and I was using Mozzila Firefox. Is that a legit warnning? Anny advices what i should do?

P

:)

tomásmanarte, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Smartscreen blocking an EXE

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Do you get any option to save password?
    • Which application are you referring to?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the shortcut or in File explorer and select Run as administrator check if that helps.
    • Also observe when you type password do you get a prompt for saving password just above Taskbar.

You may also refer the link below and check if that helps.

Smart Screen Filter: FAQ.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/use-smartscreen-filter#ie=ie-11

Hope the issue with smart screen blocking exe will resolved. Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Mar 8, 2019
  3. sfeinst Win User

I am using an application that when I installed it worked fine. The company sent out an update which was a new EXE which overlays the prior one. Now Smartscreen is displaying a message that the EXE may not be safe and I have to provide the administrator
    password to run the program. I checked with the company and they said they compiled the code exactly the same. So why is Smartscreen flagging this version? And how do I get it to stop? I do not want to keep providing my admin password every time I run
    it.

sfeinst, Mar 8, 2019
  4. sfeinst Win User

Smartscreen.exe stop working

I do not get an option to save the password (nor would I think I would want that). What I am getting is the Smartscreen popup which states Windows Smartscreen prevented an unrecognized app from running. Saving a password would by pass a check so that does
    not seem like a good idea.

Running as administrator did not change anything. Smartscreen still popped up stating it was an unrecognized app.

The application is Action! PC Football. I installed the game and it ran fine. They provided an update (which was a new EXE) and that ran fine. They have provided a newer update and that is the one getting the popup.

Since they are saying they compiled the code in the same way, why is Smartscreen flagging this version and not a prior one.

The FAQ did not help. It implied I was getting a message from a browser and it is from trying to run the actual program. The other suggestion in the FAQ was to disable Smartscreen. If that is the recommendation by Microsoft, then I fail to understand
    why they provide a check they recommend disabling?

sfeinst, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

Smartscreen.exe stop working

1. Smartscreen.exe stop working - Similar Threads - Smartscreen exe stop

2. BF2.exe has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BF2.exe has stopped working: i recently installed bf2 and bf2 special force tried to launch it and i got this error message==========================================================BF2.exe - has stopped working ==========================================================i already tried DEP solution and it...
  3. Error .exe stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error .exe stopped working: Hello, I have programmed an executable in fortran and when I run it I get the error .exe it stopped working. It's not the first executable I've done and so far it's worked well for me. Nor do I think it is a matter of the capacity of the computer since I have looked at the...
  4. Error .exe stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error .exe stopped working: Hello, I have programmed an executable in fortran and when I run it I get the error .exe it stopped working. It's not the first executable I've done and so far it's worked well for me. Nor do I think it is a matter of the capacity of the computer since I have looked at the...
  5. Error .exe stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Helper. exe has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Helper. exe has stopped working: Hello. I always get Helper.exe had stopped working error.. This always pop up 2 by 2 after few seconds..please help so i can get rid of this issue. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/helper-exe-has-stopped-working/0fb6314c-a20b-43ea-9065-62b03bf30725
  7. Helper. exe has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Helper. exe has stopped working: Hello. I always get Helper.exe had stopped working error.. This always pop up 2 by 2 after few seconds..please help so i can get rid of this issue. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/helper-exe-has-stopped-working/0fb6314c-a20b-43ea-9065-62b03bf30725
  8. hl2.exe stopped working

hl2.exe stopped working: Hello guys when i want to inject the dll to the game. the log popup crash and wont inject. the dll work on 32 bit system but wont work on 64 idk why. here some information: hl2.exe Summary Stopped working Date ‎8/‎19/‎2020 4:07 AM Status Report sent...
  9. Windows Defender SmartScreen has stopped working.

Windows Defender SmartScreen has stopped working.: Hello there! I have recently upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro and since I have that done, in some programs, when I run them as admin, my laptop starts terribly lag then after a while a note "Windows Defender SmartScreen has stopped working"...
  10. Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen.: Please try to understand: my problem is because of the Smartscreen. The Smartscreen is blocking installation of our software, Clone Files Checker. Our users are facing problem installing the program on their Windows 10 computers. I am the developer of the application and our...