Windows 10: Smartscreen just isnt working I guess?

Discus and support Smartscreen just isnt working I guess? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I had an issue with "an administrator has blocked this app" type popup. I shouldn't have as I have UAC off, smartscreen off, I am admin, etc.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by klepp0906, Apr 10, 2020.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Smartscreen just isnt working I guess?

So I had an issue with "an administrator has blocked this app" type popup. I shouldn't have as I have UAC off, smartscreen off, I am admin, etc.

something was busted somewhere. In my digging to try and understand why that happened - I enabled smartscreen. Under reputation based protection ive enabled all 4 boxes.

I get no "unblock" box in the properties > general page of downloaded apps or bat files etc. I downloaded some of the "test" files from microsoft and get no popup warnings.

dont know where to begin on this one.

- - - Updated - - -

hmmm also noticed that when going to "protection history" i no longer have a filters box. it just says "no recent actions" whereas my other pc lets me muck with the filters dropdown. perhaps related.

:)

klepp0906, Apr 10, 2020

2. SmartScreen not so smart.

Hi,

I would like to inform that Windows SmartScreen helps keep your PC safe by checking downloaded files and web content within apps to help protect you from malicious software and potentially unsafe web content. Before an unknown or potentially
    unsafe downloaded file is opened, Windows will display a warning. If SmartScreen detects potentially unsafe web content in an app, Windows will display a warning in place of the content. To disable SmartScreen, follow the steps below:

• Type SmartScreen settings in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on Change Windows SmartScreen Settings in the left navigation pane.
    • Select the option, Don't do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen) and click on OK.

If you would like to develop a program, then suggest you to post your query in MSDN forums in the link provided below:

Msdn forums - Visual Studio General Questions

Hope the information provided is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Ariel Aba Win User
    EA's Origin not working, its problems with SmartScreen and SmartScreen being unreachable

Hi Svigl,

What you are experiencing is very unusual. Typically, SmartScreen works for browsers and items from the Windows Store and will indicate a message. Seeing that you already performed most of the troubleshooting steps with Origin's support team, I suggest that
    you create a post in TechNet. The members there
    include professionals that can provide a more advanced recommendation on the next step to resolve your issue.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Smartscreen just isnt working I guess?

smartscreen is unreachable windows 10

Hello sammiG8,

To better assist you with your concern, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, since your internet connection is working fine, try to turn off the SmartScreen feature:

1. Click on Start, search for Security and Maintenance and click on it.

2. In the Security and Maintenance window, click on
    Change Windows SmartScreen settings

3. Select Don't do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen) and click
    OK to save changes.

4. You may receive a pop-up message telling how unsafe your PC is, to turn off that notification. Under
    Security, click on Turn off messages about Windows SmartScreen.

In addition, I'd recommend that you run the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool to make sure that all possible malicious software is removed from your computer. Refer to the steps in this
    article

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Smartscreen just isnt working I guess?

1. Smartscreen just isnt working I guess? - Similar Threads - Smartscreen isnt working

2. I just bought a realtek wifi extender for my house. And it isnt working. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just bought a realtek wifi extender for my house. And it isnt working. Why?: I have the extender set up and everything. I have attempted to connect using WPS but on the manual it says there should be a red light that pops up for 5 seconds. And says it would reset when connecting but fails every time. Is mine just broken?...
  3. I just bought a realtek wifi extender for my house. And it isnt working. Why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I just bought a realtek wifi extender for my house. And it isnt working. Why?: I have the extender set up and everything. I have attempted to connect using WPS but on the manual it says there should be a red light that pops up for 5 seconds. And says it would reset when connecting but fails every time. Is mine just broken?...
  4. SmartScreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SmartScreen: Everytime I run an app it shows a promt that says "SmartScreen can not be rached right now" or wtv, i can still run the apps its just annoying and i dont know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smartscreen/fb28d594-f5cf-4893-a73f-94c65169f161
  5. SmartScreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    SmartScreen: Everytime I run an app it shows a promt that says "SmartScreen can not be rached right now" or wtv, i can still run the apps its just annoying and i dont know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smartscreen/fb28d594-f5cf-4893-a73f-94c65169f161
  6. Dead pixels I guess

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dead pixels I guess: Can someone help me how to fix this?It gets worse when you're in an app:In some apps, it literally fills almost the entire screen:This thing has been happening since I upgraded to Windows 11 two days after its launch. Please help. Thank you :D...
  7. i have bluetooth but it isnt working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have bluetooth but it isnt working: I uninstalled all of my Bluetooth drivers BCS before my Bluetooth was working fine until I did a Bluetooth controller optional update which made my Bluetooth stop so as I thought after restart it would be added again so I uninstalled all Bluetooth drivers in device manager,...
  8. Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen.: Please try to understand: my problem is because of the Smartscreen. The Smartscreen is blocking installation of our software, Clone Files Checker. Our users are facing problem installing the program on their Windows 10 computers. I am the developer of the application and our...
  9. SmartScreen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SmartScreen: I am using SmartScreen, but not the other Defender features. It is constantly using about 30% of my CPU, even when nothing is downloading. Can anything be done about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/smartscreen/7cd668ab-03cc-46f0-ab0f-9e22fb2efe38
  10. no internet,i guess

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no internet,i guess: umm,my windows is connected to my wifi but it says no internet access. the shocking thing is I AM ABLE TO SURF THE WEB IN CROME but not on EDGE of any other windows related app. Please help me i am not even able to search updates. HELP!!!!...