Windows 10: Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen.

Discus and support Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please try to understand: my problem is because of the Smartscreen. The Smartscreen is blocking installation of our software, Clone Files Checker. Our... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nauman Lodhi, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen.

Please try to understand: my problem is because of the Smartscreen. The Smartscreen is blocking installation of our software, Clone Files Checker. Our users are facing problem installing the program on their Windows 10 computers. I am the developer of the application and our company has a good reputation.

Updating Windows Defender definitions has not fixed the problem. I am contacting you guys again and again.

Please someone tell the team which sees the Smartscreen's functionality to fix this problem.

Ask them to not prevent installation of Clone Files Checker on the computers. The software has no issues with Windows Defender. but the Smartscreen is culprit.

Please read: SMARTSCREEN!

:)

Nauman Lodhi, Dec 18, 2019

2. SmartScreen not so smart.

Hi,

I would like to inform that Windows SmartScreen helps keep your PC safe by checking downloaded files and web content within apps to help protect you from malicious software and potentially unsafe web content. Before an unknown or potentially
    unsafe downloaded file is opened, Windows will display a warning. If SmartScreen detects potentially unsafe web content in an app, Windows will display a warning in place of the content. To disable SmartScreen, follow the steps below:

• Type SmartScreen settings in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on Change Windows SmartScreen Settings in the left navigation pane.
    • Select the option, Don't do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen) and click on OK.

If you would like to develop a program, then suggest you to post your query in MSDN forums in the link provided below:

Msdn forums - Visual Studio General Questions

Hope the information provided is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Smartscreen blocking ebay descriptions

Hi,

We understand that you are having challenges on viewing contents on a certain website and that
    Smartscreen is automatically blocking it. We suggest that you click on the link below to know more information about
    Smartscreen Filter and how it helps in protecting your computer:

Smartscreen Filter: FAQ

Cheers.

Freddrick Pal, Dec 18, 2019
  4. RP_970 Win User

Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen.

SMARTSCREEN IP's

Hello All,

Are there some IP's which Microsoft Smartscreen uses to access sites which are not reputed, to check for the kind of sites that these are.

Apparantly when a User visits a site which does not have much traffic, Smartscreen service also visits the site probably since the site is not in its database for it to check for the reputation of the site.

Below are the few IP's which i got over the Internet which apparantly smartscreen uses. But the ISP does not match Microsoft.

Hence my concern is the traffic hitting my site from the below IP's are they genuine IP's from Microsoft or not.

Could anyone confirm?

• 208.50.101.153*
    • 208.50.101.154*
    • 208.50.101.155*
    • 208.50.101.156*
    • 208.50.101.158*
    • 64.124.203.71*
    • 64.124.203.72*
    • 64.124.203.73*
    • 64.124.203.74*
    • 64.124.203.76*
    • 64.124.203.77*
    • 64.124.203.78*
    Thanks,

RP.

RP_970, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen.

1. Smartscreen. Smartscreen. Smartscreen. - Similar Threads - Smartscreen Smartscreen Smartscreen

2. SmartScreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SmartScreen: Everytime I run an app it shows a promt that says "SmartScreen can not be rached right now" or wtv, i can still run the apps its just annoying and i dont know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smartscreen/fb28d594-f5cf-4893-a73f-94c65169f161
  3. SmartScreen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SmartScreen: Everytime I run an app it shows a promt that says "SmartScreen can not be rached right now" or wtv, i can still run the apps its just annoying and i dont know how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smartscreen/fb28d594-f5cf-4893-a73f-94c65169f161
  4. SmartScreen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows SmartScreen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows SmartScreen: I have written a software that, if downloaded from our university server, triggers the warning: "Windows protected your PC. Windows SmartScreen ..." How can I overrule that?...
  6. defender smartscreen

defender smartscreen: im trying to download a file and run it but everytime i do it says unverified publisher and wont let me i disabled everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-smartscreen/d22f5060-47dd-4724-aebc-0662fafe1aac
  7. SmartScreen

SmartScreen: I am using SmartScreen, but not the other Defender features. It is constantly using about 30% of my CPU, even when nothing is downloading. Can anything be done about this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/smartscreen/7cd668ab-03cc-46f0-ab0f-9e22fb2efe38
  8. Windows Defender SmartScreen

Windows Defender SmartScreen: We are developing an application and singing both the executable/dlls as well as the installer with an EV code-signing certificate. Our application recently we began being flagged by Windows Defender SmartScreen despite having the EV certificate. It passes the Windows App...
  9. Turning Smartscreen back on (smartscreen can't be reached...)

Turning Smartscreen back on (smartscreen can't be reached...): I believe I inadvertently switched off Smartscreen during setup so now, each time I try to install something, Windows says Smartscreen can't be reached right now. It's NOT my internet connection. Can someone help? 116595
  10. Turning Smartscreen back on (smartscreen can't be reached...)

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning Smartscreen back on (smartscreen can't be reached...): I believe I inadvertently switched off Smartscreen during setup so now, each time I try to install something, Windows says Smartscreen can't be reached right now. It's NOT my internet connection. Can someone help? 116595

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is windows smartscreen warning genuine