Windows 10: SmartScreen

Discus and support SmartScreen in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Everytime I run an app it shows a promt that says "SmartScreen can not be rached right now" or wtv, i can still run the apps its just annoying and i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Liam Spencer, Aug 4, 2022.

1. SmartScreen

Everytime I run an app it shows a promt that says "SmartScreen can not be rached right now" or wtv, i can still run the apps its just annoying and i dont know how to fix it.

:)

Liam Spencer, Aug 4, 2022

2. SmartScreen not so smart.

Hi,

I would like to inform that Windows SmartScreen helps keep your PC safe by checking downloaded files and web content within apps to help protect you from malicious software and potentially unsafe web content. Before an unknown or potentially
    unsafe downloaded file is opened, Windows will display a warning. If SmartScreen detects potentially unsafe web content in an app, Windows will display a warning in place of the content. To disable SmartScreen, follow the steps below:

• Type SmartScreen settings in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Click on Change Windows SmartScreen Settings in the left navigation pane.
    • Select the option, Don't do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen) and click on OK.

If you would like to develop a program, then suggest you to post your query in MSDN forums in the link provided below:

Msdn forums - Visual Studio General Questions

Hope the information provided is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 4, 2022
  3. spunk Win User
    UAC prompt for Task Manager. MMC blocked. What happened?

It's possible that Computer Management is being blocked by SmartScreen. We suggest disabling it and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

1. Click the Start button.
    2. Type smartscreen in the search bar.
    3. Click Change SmartScreen settings.
    4. Click the drop-down arrow in the Security row.
    5. Click Change settings beneath the WindowsSmartScreen row.
    6. Click Don't do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen).
    7. Click OK.

spunk, Aug 4, 2022
  4. SmartScreen

smartscreen is unreachable windows 10

Hello sammiG8,

To better assist you with your concern, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, since your internet connection is working fine, try to turn off the SmartScreen feature:

1. Click on Start, search for Security and Maintenance and click on it.

2. In the Security and Maintenance window, click on
    Change Windows SmartScreen settings

3. Select Don't do anything (turn off Windows SmartScreen) and click
    OK to save changes.

4. You may receive a pop-up message telling how unsafe your PC is, to turn off that notification. Under
    Security, click on Turn off messages about Windows SmartScreen.

In addition, I'd recommend that you run the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool to make sure that all possible malicious software is removed from your computer. Refer to the steps in this
    article

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

SmartScreen

1. SmartScreen - Similar Threads - SmartScreen

2. disable Windows defender SmartScreen win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disable Windows defender SmartScreen win 11: I have tried almost all of the suggestions I have found here and nothing works. I have a new laptop/WIN 11. I don't understand way it should be so difficult to remove this. You are interfering with the use of my computer. Can I please get some help that will allow me to...
  3. disable Windows defender SmartScreen win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable Windows defender SmartScreen win 11: I have tried almost all of the suggestions I have found here and nothing works. I have a new laptop/WIN 11. I don't understand way it should be so difficult to remove this. You are interfering with the use of my computer. Can I please get some help that will allow me to...
  4. Web-Browser\Microsoft Defender SmartScreen trust

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web-Browser\Microsoft Defender SmartScreen trust: We have an installer for our software self-extracting archive signed with a GlobalSign Code Signing Certificate. It's uploaded to our server, users can download it through our website.We have encountered a couple of problems:1 When downloading our installer from our website,...
  5. Web-Browser\Microsoft Defender SmartScreen trust

Web-Browser\Microsoft Defender SmartScreen trust: We have an installer for our software self-extracting archive signed with a GlobalSign Code Signing Certificate. It's uploaded to our server, users can download it through our website.We have encountered a couple of problems:1 When downloading our installer from our website,...
  6. "smartscreen can't be reached right now" prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "smartscreen can't be reached right now" prompt: Hi MSFT I do a app with WHQL sign, today morning show this as below, may I know why this happen? is it depend on security setting of OS image or ? and how to avoid of this?...
  7. "smartscreen can't be reached right now" prompt

"smartscreen can't be reached right now" prompt: Hi MSFT I do a app with WHQL sign, today morning show this as below, may I know why this happen? is it depend on security setting of OS image or ? and how to avoid of this?...
  8. SmartScreen pops up "unrecognized app" warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SmartScreen pops up "unrecognized app" warning: Hello!I'm working on a release of an update for software that's been around for 5 years. We have a EV certificate with Sectigo, which I understand is supposed to help with reputation. Nevertheless, when we go to install the software, SmartScreen pops up an "unidentified app"...
  9. SmartScreen pops up "unrecognized app" warning

SmartScreen pops up "unrecognized app" warning: Hello!I'm working on a release of an update for software that's been around for 5 years. We have a EV certificate with Sectigo, which I understand is supposed to help with reputation. Nevertheless, when we go to install the software, SmartScreen pops up an "unidentified app"...
  10. Whitelist my program for Windows OS SmartScreen trust build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whitelist my program for Windows OS SmartScreen trust build: Hello, I am a software developer for the open-source program OpenRocket. We are about to release a new version of our program, and have already code-signed it, but Windows SmartScreen still marks the software as an unrecognized app. I think this has to do with building trust...