Windows 10: SmartTV Media Access with HomeGroup, WIN10

Discus and support SmartTV Media Access with HomeGroup, WIN10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Made a Win10 update recently. As expected, HomeGroup is removed from the updated version. Here's my problem, with the previous build have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnsonFlores, Jul 17, 2020.

1. SmartTV Media Access with HomeGroup, WIN10

Made a Win10 update recently. As expected, HomeGroup is removed from the updated version.

Here's my problem, with the previous build have the HomeGroup in which my SmartTV can access directly to Win10-PC and play the Media files shared in HomeGroup.

After the build update to Win10, my SmartTV can no longer connect to Win10 and see shared Media from PC... I've been trying so hard to find the answer or option workaround other than HomeGroup after removal and SmartTVs but no luck.

Is there an option where I can install HomeGroup independently back to Win10 with the present build? or is there any other solution for this?

:)

JohnsonFlores, Jul 17, 2020
  2. dahas Win User

WIN10 HOMEGROUP not accessible by WIN7 PCs

Hello,

I cannot connect my WIN 7(home) PCs (3 of them) to a homegoup created on a new Windows 10 (home) computer.

The WIN 7 PC see each other without any issue.

Here’s how I proceeded:

• Leave all homegroups on the WIN7 PCs
    • Create a new homegroup on the WIN10 pc with the same group
    • The WIN7 PCs see the new homegroup
    • Click on join and enter password
    • After some time I get a message that connection was not possible

I’ve also tried to create the homegroup on a WIN7 pc. The WIN10 pc can see and accept to join but the shares are not visible.

Running WIN 10 1709 HOME

dahas, Jul 17, 2020
  3. Win10 HomeGroup Password and Set Up Issues

Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately the troubleshooter did not find any issues. HomeGroup from start to Finish (been there), Step One bottoms out at HomeGroup >
    Tap or click Create. I don't have a 'create' option, only a 'join' option...and 'join' wants a password. Since I did not set up a HomeGroup when I installed Win10 (apparently Win10 does it automatically), I do not have a password to join the
    existing HomeGroup, therefore stuck. Open to additional suggestions. Thanks.

DanFrumkin, Jul 17, 2020
  4. SmartTV Media Access with HomeGroup, WIN10

Canot Display Homegroup Password In Win10

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.
    Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to Leave the HomeGroup from the Control Panel and check if it helps. To leave/delete the existing Home group I suggest you to follow the below steps:

• Right click on Start button and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on HomeGroup.
    • Select the Leave the HomeGroup and click on Leave the HomeGroup.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

Follow the below steps to delete the HomeGroup:

• Right click on Start button and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type net share (This command shows you the names of all shares you created) and hit
      Enter.
    • Type net share "users" /d (This command deletes the "Users" share which got created automatically by the HomeGroup) and hit
      Enter.
    To create the Home group kindly follow the below given link and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...-finish=windows-81&v1h=win81tab1&v2h=win7tab1

Note: The steps in above link are also applicable to Windows 10

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist

you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

SmartTV Media Access with HomeGroup, WIN10

1. SmartTV Media Access with HomeGroup, WIN10 - Similar Threads - SmartTV Media Access

2. I can't Project to my SmartTV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't Project to my SmartTV: I have Lenovo Thinkpad X13 Gen 2 with windows 10. I have recently purchased [TV] Samsung 6 Series 50 Smart TV and tried to project laptop screen to TV. It worked perfectly for the first time. I chose "connect to a wireless display". It found the TV and after I gave permission...
  3. I can't Project to my SmartTV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't Project to my SmartTV: I have Lenovo Thinkpad X13 Gen 2 with windows 10. I have recently purchased [TV] Samsung 6 Series 50 Smart TV and tried to project laptop screen to TV. It worked perfectly for the first time. I chose "connect to a wireless display". It found the TV and after I gave permission...
  4. how to access "homegroup" in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to access "homegroup" in windows 10?: how to access "homegroup" in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-access-homegroup-in-windows-10/f913a138-178c-4495-9e95-855adb7d8b4f
  5. Can't Access Homegroup

Can't Access Homegroup: Have a new L/T, can access the Internet but can't join an existing Home group to use my printer Believe that the existing HG doesn't exist anymore. Help!...
  6. Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup

Win10 Networking After Removal of HomeGroup: Hello! I saw your recent post and decided that you may be able to help me and others who later read this post. My issue and rant: With Windows recent update (Ver 1803), the simple task of networking two home computers has become a nightmare. I cannot understand how a...
  7. moving Homegroup to top in win10 file manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    moving Homegroup to top in win10 file manager: I don't see a way of moving Homegroup to top in win10 file manager like I had in windows 8.1. Is there a way? 20136
  8. Can see and access on Homegroup but not network.

Can see and access on Homegroup but not network.: Everything was fine until this week. suddenly I can't see any computers on my network except the one running win 7. I can access and see every one through the homegroup but all the computers running Win 10 (Pro) are invisible on network, but visible and accessible if I select...
  9. Homegroup setup on Win10 is a little different.

Homegroup setup on Win10 is a little different.: 1. Not necessary to put in Homegroup password in Win10 if one of the other computers on the network is running. it seems to autofill. 2. Disable password protection in network advanced sharing. 3. Share the folders you want to show up under Homegroup by right clicking on...
  10. No homegroup access

No homegroup access: Hello I have set up home network behind a router. every basic operations as folders sharing work but when I try from Windows 10 machine to join homegroup created from another computer running Windows 8.1 the operation is unsuccessfull. The homegroup was firstly created on...