Windows 10: SMB 1.0

Discus and support SMB 1.0 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 What is SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal? What is SMB 1.0/CIFS Client? Does this mean I can map a network drive that requires... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by giiancarlo, Dec 22, 2020.

1. SMB 1.0

I am using Windows 10

What is SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal?

What is SMB 1.0/CIFS Client? Does this mean I can map a network drive that requires SMB 1.0?

What is SMB 1.0/CIFS Server? Does this mean I can share a drive?

Is it more secure if I check Automatic Removal and Client, but keep Server unchecked?

:)

giiancarlo, Dec 22, 2020
  2. chew Win User

changed reg from 0 to 1

i followed all steps and wmware15 still woudnt start. i've changed the registry from 0 to 1 and worked like a charm

3. panzrwagn Win User
    smb 1 to smb2 upgrade

I attached a USB 3 drive to my Linksys 7310 router, then mapped a network drive from one Win10 laptop to bulk several GB of files - no problem. When I try to map to that share with another Win 10 laptop, I get an error message that the share is using SMB
    1, and SMB 2 is required. How do I upgrade or workaround?

panzrwagn, Dec 22, 2020
  4. malware Win User

SMB 1.0

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

SMB 1.0

1. SMB 1.0 - Similar Threads - SMB

2. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?: We are using an IDS solution which frequently triggers multiple access denied and unsuccessful login alerts over the port 445. We took a network capture and identified the multiple failed login and access denied instances were present in the logs.However, there were no failed...
  3. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?: We are using an IDS solution which frequently triggers multiple access denied and unsuccessful login alerts over the port 445. We took a network capture and identified the multiple failed login and access denied instances were present in the logs.However, there were no failed...
  4. Is failed login and access denied with SMB an expected behaviour?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How the SMB network connection issues to be fixed in S2D 2 node cluster, Mellanox adapter...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How the SMB network connection issues to be fixed in S2D 2 node cluster, Mellanox adapter...: configured IP for 2 nic ports on each node and executed the cluster validation report was successful , Installed DCB and changed few DCB related settings for RDMA RocE v2 post configuring the cluster and enabling the S2D in 2 node, facing issue with SMB connections please...
  6. How can I use an AAAA-only domain for SMB connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I use an AAAA-only domain for SMB connection: My ISP blocked 445 port for SMB. Therefore, I setup SMB over QUIC with my own domain. However, I only have IPv6 IP in WAN. I tried to connect to my SMB server over QUIC/443 port but failed.net use * \\quic.mydomain.com\Share /TRANSPORT:QUICSystem error 67 has occured. The...
  7. How can I use an AAAA-only domain for SMB connection

How can I use an AAAA-only domain for SMB connection: My ISP blocked 445 port for SMB. Therefore, I setup SMB over QUIC with my own domain. However, I only have IPv6 IP in WAN. I tried to connect to my SMB server over QUIC/443 port but failed.net use * \\quic.mydomain.com\Share /TRANSPORT:QUICSystem error 67 has occured. The...
  8. How can I use a AAAA-only domain for SMB connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I use a AAAA-only domain for SMB connection: My ISP blocked 445 port for SMB. Therefore, I setup SMB over QUIC with my own domain. However, I only have IPv6 IP in WAN. I tried to connect to my SMB server over QUIC/443 port but failed.net use * \\quic.mydomain.com\Share /TRANSPORT:QUICSystem error 67 has occured. The...
  9. How can I use a AAAA-only domain for SMB connection

How can I use a AAAA-only domain for SMB connection: My ISP blocked 445 port for SMB. Therefore, I setup SMB over QUIC with my own domain. However, I only have IPv6 IP in WAN. I tried to connect to my SMB server over QUIC/443 port but failed.net use * \\quic.mydomain.com\Share /TRANSPORT:QUICSystem error 67 has occured. The...
  10. SMB

SMB: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%97%A0%E6%B3%95%E8%8E%B7%E5%8F%96-smb/bf35c45b-b074-4706-8052-248ece481a71