Windows 10: smb 1 to smb2 upgrade

Discus and support smb 1 to smb2 upgrade in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I attached a USB 3 drive to my Linksys 7310 router, then mapped a network drive from one Win10 laptop to bulk several GB of files - no problem. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by panzrwagn, Dec 28, 2019.

1. panzrwagn Win User

smb 1 to smb2 upgrade

I attached a USB 3 drive to my Linksys 7310 router, then mapped a network drive from one Win10 laptop to bulk several GB of files - no problem. When I try to map to that share with another Win 10 laptop, I get an error message that the share is using SMB 1, and SMB 2 is required. How do I upgrade or workaround?

:)

panzrwagn, Dec 28, 2019

2. Setting up scanner SMB folder

Hello Dismasd,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • It would be best if you can send me a screenshot of the said error message.

If in case that you're computer is running on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709), this change in default behavior is by design and is recommended by Microsoft for security. So, to enable the access in SMB, you can follow the solution from this article:

Guest access in SMB2 disabled by default in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Windows Server 2016 version 1709.

In addition, you may also want to check this article regarding SMBv1 is not installed by default
    in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update and Windows Server, version 1709 and later versions.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Dec 28, 2019
  3. smirk24 Win User
    How do you enable smb on windows 10?

Thank you smb 1 to smb2 upgrade :) Oh i was only wanting smb2 can i have sm1 and smb2? Is there anything required in order to have smb function properly?

smirk24, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Larryh272 Win User

smb 1 to smb2 upgrade

Networked laptop not discoverable by 2 desktop PCs on network

SMB1 isn’t safe
    When you use SMB1, you lose key protections offered by later SMB protocol versions:

That's why Microsoft disabled it in 1803.

Larryh272, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

smb 1 to smb2 upgrade

1. smb 1 to smb2 upgrade - Similar Threads - smb smb2 upgrade

2. SMB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%97%A0%E6%B3%95%E8%8E%B7%E5%8F%96-smb/bf35c45b-b074-4706-8052-248ece481a71
  3. SMB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB: Hello I would like to active SMB 1.0 /cifs file sharing support in windows server 2003, i don't have powershell. can i active the SMB 1.0 via manage your server?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smb/4f36f984-61cc-4871-bc5a-7c827d7dbf40
  4. SMB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMB: Hello I would like to active SMB 1.0 /cifs file sharing support in windows server 2003, i don't have powershell. can i active the SMB 1.0 via manage your server?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smb/4f36f984-61cc-4871-bc5a-7c827d7dbf40
  5. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  6. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  7. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. smb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    smb: my segate external hard disk goflex home cant work with windows 10 please helppppp me make it work as i know it discontinued from segate support. thanks and waiting for yr feed back ASAP....
  9. Use of SMB 1 on Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use of SMB 1 on Windows 10 Pro: I am running Windows 10 Pro. Until 2020 I have been able to attach USB storage hard drives to both my Netgear and Netcomm routers for all devices linked to my private network. Now neither router can access the attached storage hard drive. Netcomm has advised that Microsoft...
  10. Smb1 to smb2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Smb1 to smb2: My computers can't see my network drive so I need to upgrade from smb1 to smb2 so does anyone know how to do this? 149566

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrade smb1 to smb2

2. how to upgrade linksys router smb 1 to smb 2

3. win10 upgrade smb2

4. how to upgrade to smb2,
  5. how can i upgrade my router sharing usb to smb2