Windows 10: SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019

Discus and support SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with shares on file server windows 2019. When i open a shared file and make changes, the process of saving takes too long even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aleksandar Stojanovski, Jan 15, 2020 at 6:57 AM.

1. SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019

Hi,

I have a problem with shares on file server windows 2019.

When i open a shared file and make changes, the process of saving takes too long even some times "Not Responding".

I manage to find out that the problem is when i make SMB connection to the file server with "Dialect" 3.1.1.

When i disable SMB2 on the file server and the connection to the file server is SMB1 "Dialect" 1.5 i have no issues.

But the problem is that Win10 and newer versions of server do not have enabled SMB1 by default.

BR,

Aleksandar

:)

Aleksandar Stojanovski, Jan 15, 2020 at 6:57 AM
  2. Brink Win User

New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019

Source: New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019 | Clustering and High-Availability

3. Brink Win User
    New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019

Source: New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019 | Clustering and High-Availability

4. panzrwagn Win User

SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019

smb 1 to smb2 upgrade

I attached a USB 3 drive to my Linksys 7310 router, then mapped a network drive from one Win10 laptop to bulk several GB of files - no problem. When I try to map to that share with another Win 10 laptop, I get an error message that the share is using SMB
    1, and SMB 2 is required. How do I upgrade or workaround?

Thema:

SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019

1. SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019 - Similar Threads - SMB connection slow

2. smb 1 to smb2 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    smb 1 to smb2 upgrade: I attached a USB 3 drive to my Linksys 7310 router, then mapped a network drive from one Win10 laptop to bulk several GB of files - no problem. When I try to map to that share with another Win 10 laptop, I get an error message that the share is using SMB 1, and SMB 2 is...
  3. Windows Defender slow copy performance with small files to SMB share

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender slow copy performance with small files to SMB share: I tried to add the SMB target (drive m:) to the exclusions, but it does not help. Copying 2000 small files is only possible with 3-8MB/s: [ATTACH] If I disable the real-time-scan its more than 40MB/s: [ATTACH] Why does the exclusion not work and why does Defender scan...
  4. Unable to access SMB file sharing

Unable to access SMB file sharing: Hi, While I'm administrator on 2 computers PC1 and PC2, both are joined to a Windows domain: From PC1, I cannot see shared folders on PC2. Once, I log on PC1 as a normal user, I can properly see the shared folder. Please advise Thanks...
  5. This Week on Xbox: February 1, 2019

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: February 1, 2019: lS-WSrf2q2k We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  6. Lost connection to 1 computer

Lost connection to 1 computer: Hi all I have 2 Computer, both running windows 10. first one just got updated to ver.1809, the second one is still 1803. the one with 1803 can not see the one with 1809. I know there is a setting that need to be changed, but I can not for the life of me remember where it is....
  7. Lost connection to 1 computer

in Windows 10 News
    Lost connection to 1 computer: Hi all I have 2 Computer, both running windows 10. first one just got updated to ver.1809, the second one is still 1803. the one with 1803 can not see the one with 1809. I know there is a setting that need to be changed, but I can not for the life of me remember where it is....
  8. Latest Windows 10 Update 1-3-2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Windows 10 Update 1-3-2019: With the latest Windows 10 update did your sound go away? I have a Sound Blaster chip and drivers and mine did. To fix, reinstall your Sound Blaster Drivers and overwrite the erroneous driver update from Microsoft. 124640
  9. How to list 2 monitors as 1 connected to 1 PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to list 2 monitors as 1 connected to 1 PC?: So, I'm using this program called aster which lets you turn your one computer into 2. For some reason this program doesn't allow you to have 2 monitors on one workplace. Is there a way to list 2 monitors as 1? OS: Windows 10 Processor: 64 bit...
  10. 1-3 second lags

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    1-3 second lags: So this started like last week where i get these small lags when my pc freezes for like 1-3 seconds. It can happen when i play games or just browsing. It happens probably like 2 times every hour. This is a problem for me because when i play csgo and im shooting towards...