Windows 10: SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019

Discus and support SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with shares on file server windows 2019. When i open a shared file and make changes, the process of saving takes too long even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Aleksandar Stojanovski, Jan 15, 2020.

1. SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019

Hi,

I have a problem with shares on file server windows 2019.

When i open a shared file and make changes, the process of saving takes too long even some times "Not Responding".

I manage to find out that the problem is when i make SMB connection to the file server with "Dialect" 3.1.1.

When i disable SMB2 on the file server and the connection to the file server is SMB1 "Dialect" 1.5 i have no issues.

But the problem is that Win10 and newer versions of server do not have enabled SMB1 by default.

BR,

Aleksandar

:)

Aleksandar Stojanovski, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019

Source: New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019 | Clustering and High-Availability

Brink, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019

Source: New File Share Witness Feature in Windows Server 2019 | Clustering and High-Availability

Brink, Jan 15, 2020
  4. panzrwagn Win User

SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019

smb 1 to smb2 upgrade

I attached a USB 3 drive to my Linksys 7310 router, then mapped a network drive from one Win10 laptop to bulk several GB of files - no problem. When I try to map to that share with another Win 10 laptop, I get an error message that the share is using SMB
    1, and SMB 2 is required. How do I upgrade or workaround?

panzrwagn, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019

1. SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019 - Similar Threads - SMB connection slow

2. 1 user 1 computer Word 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 user 1 computer Word 2019: On Word 2019 I have 1 user on 1 computer that comes up with Compatibility Mode on all their Word documents. When someone else logs on or if the one user logs on another computer, everything works great. How do I turn off the Compatibility Mode for the one user?...
  3. 1 user 1 computer Word 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 user 1 computer Word 2019: On Word 2019 I have 1 user on 1 computer that comes up with Compatibility Mode on all their Word documents. When someone else logs on or if the one user logs on another computer, everything works great. How do I turn off the Compatibility Mode for the one user?...
  4. 1 user 1 computer Word 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  6. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?: I recently purchased a the ZALMAN WIFI enclosure and added a drive to it and filled it with files.I works well but it required SMB 1 to be enabled for it to connect to my system.I understand that SMB 1 has security risks.I found a video that demonstrates that the...
  7. SMB 1 Vulnerability issue solved?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Raid 1 Windows server 2019 GPT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Raid 1 Windows server 2019 GPT: Hey, I'm trying to boot windows from the secondary disk when I remove the primary disk, but the boot not recognize the windows, any help? submitted by /u/Mangobab [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gfelb8/raid_1_windows_server_2019_gpt/
  9. smb 1 to smb2 upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    smb 1 to smb2 upgrade: I attached a USB 3 drive to my Linksys 7310 router, then mapped a network drive from one Win10 laptop to bulk several GB of files - no problem. When I try to map to that share with another Win 10 laptop, I get an error message that the share is using SMB 1, and SMB 2 is...
  10. Latest Windows 10 Update 1-3-2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Windows 10 Update 1-3-2019: With the latest Windows 10 update did your sound go away? I have a Sound Blaster chip and drivers and mine did. To fix, reinstall your Sound Blaster Drivers and overwrite the erroneous driver update from Microsoft. 124640

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows server 2019 network slow

2. improve smb performance 2019

3. windows server 2019 smb performance

4. slow in windows file server 2019