Windows 10: SMB broken after update to 2004

Discus and support SMB broken after update to 2004 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everybody, after updating to Win10 2004 I can't access SMB shares anymore. When I try to connect I get the error "0x80004005" after it loads for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hadmod, Oct 25, 2020.

1. /u/hadmod Win User

SMB broken after update to 2004

Hi everybody,

after updating to Win10 2004 I can't access SMB shares anymore. When I try to connect I get the error "0x80004005" after it loads for a while.

This seems to be a common problem due to the deprecation of SMB1. Still none of the suggestions I could find (from re-enabling SMB1 to disabling everything but SMB3) worked for my.
    Finally I checked with Wireshark whats actually going on and with me there seems to be a problem others don't have: Literally nothing happens. Not a single bit is sent to the smb target. So this is not a version conflict, something seems to be broken in a way the the connection is not established completely.

Does anybody know this issue?

submitted by /u/hadmod
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hadmod, Oct 25, 2020
  2. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Oct 25, 2020
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Oct 25, 2020
  4. emelsom Win User

I am hoping Microsoft themselves, is picking this question up, and taking this seriously, and will answer this urgently, as it is causing us all so much frustration.

emelsom, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. SMB broken after update to 2004 - Similar Threads - SMB broken update

2. Calculator is broken after update to 2004.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Calculator is broken after update to 2004.: I updated to Windows 10 2004, but after I did the calculator was broken in the start menu. If I type in the start menu "calculator" on the right side of the start menu where there are options such as open, but under open there are 4 options that all say...
  3. Broken WIFI after windows10 2004 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Broken WIFI after windows10 2004 update: My realtek wifi adapter broke as soon as I installed Windows10 2004. I've done driver reset, rollback, update and even windows rolling back to version 1909 and fresh start but all of those didn't work. Hi Microsoft Team, do you have fix on this?...
  4. Miracast broken after updating to Build 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast broken after updating to Build 2004: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad Twist with Windows 10. Miracast worked great on it until I upgraded to Windows Build 2004. Miracast still works with other Windows 10 devices so IT IS NOT the device. I have tried to remove the drivers in device manager, to shut off defender...
  5. Microsoft IME broken after upgrading to Build 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft IME broken after upgrading to Build 2004: After freshly upgrading to Build 2004, I noticed that my Microsoft IME for Japanese was broken. As soon as I tried to change the language to it either via keyboard shortcut or the language bar, the language bar disappears and nothing happens. Nothing I did in the settings...
  6. Absolute volume regedit broken with 2004 update

Absolute volume regedit broken with 2004 update: Ever since updating from 7 to 10 earlier this year, I have used this regedit to prevent intolerable beeping every time I try to adjust the volume for my Edifier bluetooth speakers. However, with the recent Windows 2004 update, the edit no longer works. I have confirmed that...
  7. SMB sharing not working after windows 10 update Build 2004 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMB sharing not working after windows 10 update Build 2004 update: Any help is appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smb-sharing-not-working-after-windows-10-update/298f9988-ddd7-48dd-9924-a21541d98c05
  8. Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004: Hi, I am suddenly facing issues with the Jump Lists after upgrading to version 2004. For some reason, when I try to access recent files (that have not been moved), Windows thinks that the file is not there. This happens randomly to some files. I've attached an example of such...
  9. Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004

Broken Jump Lists after upgrading to 2004: [ATTACH] Hi, I am suddenly facing issues with the Jump Lists after upgrading to version 2004. For some reason, when I try to access recent files (that have not been moved), Windows thinks that the file is not there. This happens randomly to some files. I've attached an...
  10. Is Remote Desktop suddenly broken for you after 2004 update?

Is Remote Desktop suddenly broken for you after 2004 update?: After it working fine for years prior, I can't log into my remote PC anymore. It asks for my credentials but it always says login attempt failed. I can login with these same credentials to the remote PC just fine so I know I'm entering the right password. Remote PC had 1909...