Windows 10: SMB fileshare files not showing up when accessing from domain name

Discus and support SMB fileshare files not showing up when accessing from domain name in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The files inside my file shares do not show up at all when i type my domain name in windows explorer but they show up when i access it through my ip.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by charliemonkey12, Nov 30, 2019.

1. SMB fileshare files not showing up when accessing from domain name

The files inside my file shares do not show up at all when i type my domain name in windows explorer but they show up when i access it through my ip. why does this happen? SMB fileshare files not showing up when accessing from domain name 1112bfda-2151-4782-b2ac-239a02ffc4cc?upload=true.png SMB fileshare files not showing up when accessing from domain name 9079ddaf-0731-4707-970a-55bd4e13bc04?upload=true.png

:)

charliemonkey12, Nov 30, 2019
  2. robos Win User

Getting a domain name...

Just simple 3 steps to make your website glow to millions…
    Step 1: Sign up now and get a FREE domain!
    Step 2: Design your new website in minutes!
    Step 3: You are live! Share your life online!

Click here…

robos, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Cannot Access Mapped Drives or Domain after 1903 update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to access the mapped drive after upgrading to Windows 10 1903.

In this scenario we would suggest you to perform these methods.

Method 1: Start the services.

1. Press
    Windows and R key together on your Keyboard.

2. Type
    Services.msc and it enter.

3. Search for the following services and set the startup type to Automatic.

• Function Discovery Provider Host (FDPHost)
    • Function Discovery Resource Publication (FDResPub)
    • Network Connections (NetMan)
    • UPnP Device Host (UPnPHost)
    • Peer Name Resolution Protocol (PNRPSvc)
    • Peer Networking Grouping (P2PSvc)
    • Peer Networking Identity Manager (P2PIMSvc)
    4. Reboot the device and check the Network tab again.

Method 2: Modify the settings.

1. Go to control panel >
      Click on network and internet > Click on network and sharing.

2. Click on Change advance sharing settings
      on the left pane.
    3. Select the options
    • Turn on network discovery.
    • Turn on file and printer sharing.
    • Allow windows to manage home group connection (recommended).
    • Turn on sharing so anyone with network access can read and write files in the public folders.
    • Use 128-bit encryption to help protect files sharing connections (recommended).
    • Turn off password protected sharing.
    4. Click on Save changes.

Method 3: Turn on SMB feature.

1. Press Windows and R
      key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Click on 'Turn Windows Features On or Off' (upper left side of pane).
    4. Please scroll down and under
      SMB 1.0 CIFS File Sharing Support
      , check the boxes next to SMB 1.0/CIFS Client
      and SMB 1.0/ CIFS Server. If the boxes are already ticked, please uncheck the box and check it again.
    5. It will ask you to restart your Computer. Please
      Restart
      it.

However, if the PC is in domain then let me point you in the right direction, where you would get the appropriate help for this issue. I would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet
    forums, where we have experts and support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on mapped drive on domain network to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Hope it helps,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 30, 2019
  4. SMB fileshare files not showing up when accessing from domain name

Forum users with Hotmail/Outlook/Exchange account

The two-step verification emails show up in my inbox but I added a rule to mark the domain name safe a long time ago (verified that "techpowerup.com" is still in the safe sender list).

FordGT90Concept, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

SMB fileshare files not showing up when accessing from domain name

1. SMB fileshare files not showing up when accessing from domain name - Similar Threads - SMB fileshare files

2. Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC: Hi, I have problem to access a file share with the local user credential from a domain joined PC. I map the file share through network drive and select different user the login prompt shows up but the credential never get pass. Is it anything wrong that I do?...
  3. Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access file share on a workgroup server from a domain PC: Hi, I have problem to access a file share with the local user credential from a domain joined PC. I map the file share through network drive and select different user the login prompt shows up but the credential never get pass. Is it anything wrong that I do?...
  4. Domain Name not showing on Ethernet adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Domain Name not showing on Ethernet adaptor: Hi All, Here's the topology. End user is authenticated via clearpass and routed through Checkpoint which performs L3 Routing and DHCP replay. AD is configured with DNS name "abc.com.sg" and DNS Server ip 5.5.5.5.When user gets authenticated, and connected to Lan, the ethernet...
  5. Random accessed files showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random accessed files showing up: Hi all, I've noticed since my last windows update (10.0.19041 Build 19041) when I go to attach a file in an email and it opens up my "recent items", the file I just created will be low down on the list. I just thought it was a little glitch, no big deal really. However, as...
  6. Trying to access files from a Samsung smartphone with SMB

Trying to access files from a Samsung smartphone with SMB: Hi, I used to access my computer files from the files app on my Samsung device by logging in through SMB. However, since windows 10 got rid of traditional passwords, I can´t log in anymore through the app because it asks for the user password, which now does not exist. I...
  7. Name that shows up "as From" in recipients email

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name that shows up "as From" in recipients email: I use Windows 10 Mail to manage 4 email accounts a corporate work, wife's Gmail, my Gmail, and an old family AOL. Whenever I compose and send an email while "clicked into" my Gmail, the email recipient will see my wife's first name Deb as sender instead of mine...
  8. Unable to access SMB file sharing

Unable to access SMB file sharing: Hi, While I'm administrator on 2 computers PC1 and PC2, both are joined to a Windows domain: From PC1, I cannot see shared folders on PC2. Once, I log on PC1 as a normal user, I can properly see the shared folder. Please advise Thanks...
  9. Domain Name

Domain Name: Hi I am running Windows 10, on both my PC and LAPTOP, and want to connect them as home or work group. How do I do this and how do I find my domain name please. Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-name/bc451822-c98e-4ed5-bd33-86bd29d176fb
  10. Linux SMB not showing up in File Explorer (but can be accessed direct)

Linux SMB not showing up in File Explorer (but can be accessed direct): I'm on a WIndows 10 Pro PC accessing a linux server with samba etc installed and working well (visible via Homegroup to both Android and Windows 7 pro). From the Win 10 box, if I type the name of the server in Windows File Explorer, then the shares from the server show up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. smb folder not accessing

2. smb direct is not showing in windows 10

3. windows smb not show user password

4. windows smb would not list contents of folder,
  5. smb file share not showing up