Windows 10: SMB permissions puzzle?

Discus and support SMB permissions puzzle? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am using Macrium Reflect to backup to a Samba network share. The .tmp backup file is created and written successfully, but cannot be renamed to its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eezacque, Jan 27, 2019.

1. eezacque Win User

SMB permissions puzzle?

I am using Macrium Reflect to backup to a Samba network share.
    The .tmp backup file is created and written successfully, but cannot be renamed to its final name.
    I tried a manual rename which is refused because I need to be authorised by S-1-5-21-<digits>-<digits>-<digits>-3022. Looks like a permissions problem. However, the SID mentioned, which is the owner of the file, doesn't seem to exist, according to wmic.

I checked the permissions of files and folders, and apart from the owner, all permissions are set correctly.
    I tried to change the owner of the file, but this is refused because it cannot be determined whether the computer the file resides on was added to a domain.

I can create, rename and remove files manually.

Any clue?

:)

eezacque, Jan 27, 2019
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Microsoft Classic Jigsaw Puzzles - How to re-look at solved puzzles

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You can try the step below to check the last solved puzzle.

Method: Check last played game.

1. Open Jigsaw Puzzle.
    2. Search for My account and you will see images below
      My account, click on the image and all your last solved puzzle will be there.

If you have any further question related to the game, I suggest you please check

Microsoft Casual Games Community

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Puzzles

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

In this case we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to clear & reset Windows Store Cache.

1. Type wsreset in the search bar.
    2. Right click on wsreset Run command and Select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now Windows store will open, you can now search for the puzzle app and try installing updates if it has any.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jan 27, 2019
  4. SMB permissions puzzle?

Magic Jigsaw puzzles

I tried the steps you suggested but still cannot use the program. I have tried other puzzle programs that work but I do not like them. I really miss my Magic puzzles.

SueDarwick, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

SMB permissions puzzle?

1. SMB permissions puzzle? - Similar Threads - SMB permissions puzzle

2. SMB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%97%A0%E6%B3%95%E8%8E%B7%E5%8F%96-smb/bf35c45b-b074-4706-8052-248ece481a71
  3. SMB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMB: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E6%97%A0%E6%B3%95%E8%8E%B7%E5%8F%96-smb/bf35c45b-b074-4706-8052-248ece481a71
  4. SMB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB: Hello I would like to active SMB 1.0 /cifs file sharing support in windows server 2003, i don't have powershell. can i active the SMB 1.0 via manage your server?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smb/4f36f984-61cc-4871-bc5a-7c827d7dbf40
  5. SMB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SMB: Hello I would like to active SMB 1.0 /cifs file sharing support in windows server 2003, i don't have powershell. can i active the SMB 1.0 via manage your server?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smb/4f36f984-61cc-4871-bc5a-7c827d7dbf40
  6. SMB Signing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SMB Signing: Hello,I recently went through a security audit and they tagged many of my machines saying that they need SMB Signing enabled.We do not run any Windows Servers or Domain Controllers. We are mapped to a NAS server. Do I still need to worry about the SMB Signing if our NAS does...
  7. SMB Signing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SMB Signing: Hello,I recently went through a security audit and they tagged many of my machines saying that they need SMB Signing enabled.We do not run any Windows Servers or Domain Controllers. We are mapped to a NAS server. Do I still need to worry about the SMB Signing if our NAS does...
  8. smb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    smb: my segate external hard disk goflex home cant work with windows 10 please helppppp me make it work as i know it discontinued from segate support. thanks and waiting for yr feed back ASAP....
  9. SMB is Dead, Long Live SMB

in Windows 10 News
    SMB is Dead, Long Live SMB: Hello again, James Kehr here with another guest post. Titles are hard to do. They must convey the topic to the reader while being both interesting and informative, all at the same time. Doing this with a technical article makes life even harder. Now imagine my dilemma when...
  10. puzzled..

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    puzzled..: I ve windows 10 with windows defender security on. I was trying to find out why the firewall isnt coming on when everything else was on. after trying what I thought, I accidently turned the windows defender security to an earlier programme (I think). Everything now has gone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 creator owner doesnt add owner sid

2. how to share the jigsaw user puzzle files