Windows 10: SMB v1

Discus and support SMB v1 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I enable SMB v1 on my windows 10 computers Please,, plain english Thanks for any help!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by joeGluvers, Mar 15, 2019.

1. SMB v1

How do I enable SMB v1 on my windows 10 computers

Please,, plain english

Thanks for any help!!

:)

joeGluvers, Mar 15, 2019
  2. emelsom Win User

How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Mar 15, 2019
  3. emelsom Win User
    How to solve problems with accessing, discovering and connecting to NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10

I am experiencing difficulties with accessing, discovering and connecting to my NAS with SMB connection from Windows 10.

I have tried most of the solutions suggest on the Web, but avail, none of them worked.

• Enabling SMB v2 and restarting
    • Checking SMB v1 in Windows components is ticked on
    • Etc.
    It seems that Microsoft has broken something though their patches

If anyone can supply me with a permanent/ final fix,
    not workaround, please post it here.

emelsom, Mar 15, 2019
  4. emelsom Win User

SMB v1

I am hoping Microsoft themselves, is picking this question up, and taking this seriously, and will answer this urgently, as it is causing us all so much frustration.

emelsom, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

SMB v1

1. SMB v1 - Similar Threads - SMB

2. Ricoh Copier MPC 2003 SMB scan to folder via PC name not working in windows 10, but SMB...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ricoh Copier MPC 2003 SMB scan to folder via PC name not working in windows 10, but SMB...: Hi all, I am having this Ricoh Copier MPC 2003. I have setup all PCs with SMB scan to folder via PC name. But some of the PC unable to scan via PC name. i have to change those pc scan setting via fixed ip address. All PC is clean install with windows 10 Pro. i...
  3. Can't connect to SMB Share Windows 10, Strange Behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect to SMB Share Windows 10, Strange Behavior: Hi, Something strange is happening : when I restart my Windows 10 computer, I can access the SMB share on a FreeNas server. As soon as I switch the Wifi network or when I connect through Ethernet, I loose access to the share. I don't have that problem on a Mi Box or a...
  4. Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server

Issue with SMB Shares W10 Client and Server: Hi all, Have been trawling high and low to look at this issue and I know there are some other threads out there that discuss this, but not this specific issue. We have 2 Windows 10 computers, one acting as SMB Server and the other a client sharing an application that...
  5. SMB 1.0 and my Netgear router (with NAS hardware)

SMB 1.0 and my Netgear router (with NAS hardware): I have a Drobo 5N NAS where I keep backups. I couldn't get to it one day and found out that Windows 10 went to SMB v2.0 (if I check SMB v1.0 I can see and use the drive). I also found out that there are some security risks in using SMB v1.0. My router doesn't support SMB...
  6. SMB share credentials

SMB share credentials: Hi, I have a synology unit that is added to the microsoft AD as are all the PCs that access that unit. all the users are members of an AD group that has read/write permissions on a particular folder. When a user tries to access that folder, they get a message "windows...
  7. Check what credentials is windows sending when accessing an SMB share?

Check what credentials is windows sending when accessing an SMB share?: Hi, I have a synology unit that is added to the microsoft AD as are all the PCs that access that unit. all the users are members of an AD group that has read/write permissions on a particular folder. When a user tries to access that folder, they get a message "windows...
  8. SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019

SMB 3.1.1 connection slow for file shares on Server 2019: Hi, I have a problem with shares on file server windows 2019. When i open a shared file and make changes, the process of saving takes too long even some times "Not Responding". I manage to find out that the problem is when i make SMB connection to the file server with...
  9. smb 1 to smb2 upgrade

smb 1 to smb2 upgrade: I attached a USB 3 drive to my Linksys 7310 router, then mapped a network drive from one Win10 laptop to bulk several GB of files - no problem. When I try to map to that share with another Win 10 laptop, I get an error message that the share is using SMB 1, and SMB 2 is...
  10. Notepad is unable to open txt files on an SMB share

Notepad is unable to open txt files on an SMB share: After updating from Windows 10 version 1803 to version 1909, I cannot open .txt files that have been saved to SMB shares using Notepad. The files work correctly with other applications like Notepad++, and they also worked correctly before the update. Unfortunately the error...