Windows 10: Smb1 to smb2

Discus and support Smb1 to smb2 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computers can't see my network drive so I need to upgrade from smb1 to smb2 so does anyone know how to do this? 149566 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lostsoul65, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Smb1 to smb2

My computers can't see my network drive so I need to upgrade from smb1 to smb2 so does anyone know how to do this?

:)

lostsoul65, Jan 31, 2020
  2. Zouk Nerd Win User

aktivate SMB1 and disable SMB2 bei Win10

Hallo Community,

aktivate SMB1 and disable SMB2 bei Win10

?

(

Ich will mit Win10 auf einem Windows NT Prof. SP3 Druckerserver im Intranet mit SMB1 drucken:

entweder

muß ich bei Win10 SMB1 aktivate

oder

bei Win NT SMB2 aktivate

)

Antwort:

Zouk Nerd, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Status of support for SMB1 and SMB2

I have an external hard file connected to a WiFi network. When i try and access the file I now get a message from MS that SMB1 is no longer supported due to security problems. Use SMB2 instead. Where in MS land can I find more info?

Stephen Bernstein, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Smb1 to smb2

SMB1 Error

You really should see if the NAS manufacturer has an update that will implement SMB2. SMB1 is how ransomware propagates.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on Directly, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Smb1 to smb2

1. Smb1 to smb2 - Similar Threads - Smb1 smb2

2. Is my printer using SMB1?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my printer using SMB1?: I got a new printer. HP 6055e. I got it all setup with difficulty, which is annoying because they are supposedly trying to make it easier to setup and tried out printing, copying, photo printing, and scanning.Then I downloaded the online documentation which I always do....
  3. Is my printer using SMB1?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my printer using SMB1?: I got a new printer. HP 6055e. I got it all setup with difficulty, which is annoying because they are supposedly trying to make it easier to setup and tried out printing, copying, photo printing, and scanning.Then I downloaded the online documentation which I always do....
  4. Does Windows 11 Pro allow smb1 under any circumstances?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Windows 11 Pro allow smb1 under any circumstances?: How can I be sure that SMB1 doesn't get activated ever?Under Windows Features in Control Panel there is a setting "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support". And I see "SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal". What worries me is the popup description that says, "Automatically removes...
  5. Does Windows 11 Pro allow smb1 under any circumstances?

Does Windows 11 Pro allow smb1 under any circumstances?: How can I be sure that SMB1 doesn't get activated ever?Under Windows Features in Control Panel there is a setting "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support". And I see "SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal". What worries me is the popup description that says, "Automatically removes...
  6. The Mapped Network Drive could not be Created because:..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Mapped Network Drive could not be Created because:..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2?: :..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2? What do I need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-mapped-network-drive-could-not-be-created/a73634ee-8c44-4111-857c-b06038aadf17
  7. The Mapped Network Drive could not be Created because:..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2?

The Mapped Network Drive could not be Created because:..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2?: :..obsolete SMB1 Protocol.. Needs SMB2? What do I need to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-mapped-network-drive-could-not-be-created/a73634ee-8c44-4111-857c-b06038aadf17
  8. aktivate SMB1 and disable SMB2 bei Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    aktivate SMB1 and disable SMB2 bei Win10: Hallo Community, aktivate SMB1 and disable SMB2 bei Win10 ? ( Ich will mit Win10 auf einem Windows NT Prof. SP3 Druckerserver im Intranet mit SMB1 drucken: entweder muß ich bei Win10 SMB1 aktivate oder bei Win NT SMB2 aktivate ) Antwort:...
  9. Status of support for SMB1 and SMB2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Status of support for SMB1 and SMB2: I have an external hard file connected to a WiFi network. When i try and access the file I now get a message from MS that SMB1 is no longer supported due to security problems. Use SMB2 instead. Where in MS land can I find more info?...
  10. SMB1 disabled, SMB2 enabled; Can no longer access network shares

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMB1 disabled, SMB2 enabled; Can no longer access network shares: Hey All, After the recent Wanncry attacks I disabled SMB1 protocol as per the cautionary suggestions from Msft et al. Now I can no longer access my network shares via File Explorer. I am still able to access the network device using IP address via browser. However, the...