Windows 10: SMbus controller drivers cannot be installed

Discus and support SMbus controller drivers cannot be installed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a newly built computer (gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite mobo) and faced a problem with the drivers for SMbus controller. I downloaded .exe files from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chad Rohde, Mar 7, 2019.

1. SMbus controller drivers cannot be installed

I have a newly built computer (gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite mobo) and faced a problem with the drivers for SMbus controller. I downloaded .exe files from the chipset menu on the gigabyte website.

But I receive an error when trying to run them. It is Windows could not find drivers for this device...

:)

Chad Rohde, Mar 7, 2019

2. SMBus Drivers not installed, DMA Controller and an unknown device.HELP SMbus controller drivers cannot be installed :)

As the thread title states. In my device manager its showing ATI SmBus has no drivers installed, also the same for the Direct Memory Access Controller. Also an unknown PCI device is showing for PCI slot 1. Help me sort this please as I have no experience with this sort of thing *Smile SMbus controller drivers cannot be installed :)

LifeOnMars, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Demos_sav Win User
    SMBus controller

I checked my bios's settings and i found that SMBus controller is disabled. Is that good or bad? Should i enable it? What is SMBus and what does it do exactly?*Confused SMbus controller drivers cannot be installed :confused:

Demos_sav, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Darren Win User

SMbus controller drivers cannot be installed

SMBus Drivers not installed, DMA Controller and an unknown device.HELP SMbus controller drivers cannot be installed :)

You've got crucial drivers missing most probably chipset drivers.

Abit A-S78H requires the following:

Marvell Gigabit Lan driver
    L: ftp://ftp.abitshop.com/pub/driver2/marvell_lan/v105133.zip

AMD-7 Series Chipset Drivers
    http://download.amd.com/Desktop/RAIDXpert2.4.1540.11.exe

ATI Catalyst™ 8.9 Display Driver for Windows Vista
    Explore AMD Featured Games | AMD

Darren, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

SMbus controller drivers cannot be installed

1. SMbus controller drivers cannot be installed - Similar Threads - SMbus controller drivers

2. ELAN SMBus driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ELAN SMBus driver: I'm trying to find the update ELAN SMBus driver 15.21.1.21 and it's either from dodgy websites or you have to pay money for the update from third-party programs. I have already gone to my drivers and it says it's up to update but it's not....
  3. ELAN SMBus driver

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ELAN SMBus driver: I'm trying to find the update ELAN SMBus driver 15.21.1.21 and it's either from dodgy websites or you have to pay money for the update from third-party programs. I have already gone to my drivers and it says it's up to update but it's not....
  4. ELAN SMBus driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Synaptics smbus driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics smbus driver: I have something called synaptics smbus driver in device manager with a yellow exclamination mark, what's this and where do i get the drivers for it? 174980
  6. Synaptics smbus driver

in Windows 10 Support
    Synaptics smbus driver: I have something called synaptics smbus driver in device manager with a yellow exclamination mark, what's this and where do i get the drivers for it? 174980
  7. SMBus Controller

SMBus Controller: I believe that SMBus Controller is related to installation because it should be included within the chipset installation, if I understand correctly. I have since installed according .inf Chipset Driver from Intel. The yellow warning exclamation issue remains however. I have...
  8. SMBus Controller

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SMBus Controller: I believe that SMBus Controller is related to installation because it should be included within the chipset installation, if I understand correctly. I have since installed according .inf Chipset Driver from Intel. The yellow warning exclamation issue remains however. I have...
  9. AMD SMBus and Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drivers

AMD SMBus and Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drivers: Hi, I'm running a AMD FX-6300 system, 8Gb RAM with Nvidia GTX 750 Ti GPU, running Windows 10 and Avast AV. The 'Driver Updater' in Avast keeps telling me these 2 drivers need updating. But if I try to update them in 'Device Manager' I'm told "Windows has determined you...
  10. ELAN SMBus Driver

ELAN SMBus Driver: Hi. I have Dell Inspiron15 laptop running Windows 10. When trying to dwnld an app, my laptop no longer an option for devices. I've run the troubleshooter in control panel - devices and printers and says ELAN SMBus Driver has a driver problem. hit next and when its done it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. smbus host controller not enabled win 10

2. smbus host controller