Windows 10: SMBus Controller

Discus and support SMBus Controller in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I believe that SMBus Controller is related to installation because it should be included within the chipset installation, if I understand correctly. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ApeIsland, Nov 24, 2020.

1. ApeIsland Win User

SMBus Controller

I believe that SMBus Controller is related to installation because it should be included within the chipset installation, if I understand correctly. I have since installed according .inf Chipset Driver from Intel. The yellow warning exclamation issue remains however.
    I have installed Asus Chipset drivers, and don't know what else to install.

Why is SMBus yet to be resolved?

Thanks

SMBus Controller [​IMG]

:)

ApeIsland, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Demos_sav Win User

SMBus controller

I checked my bios's settings and i found that SMBus controller is disabled. Is that good or bad? Should i enable it? What is SMBus and what does it do exactly?*Confused SMBus Controller :confused:

Demos_sav, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Tatty_One Win User
    SMBus controller

Needs to be enabled, it's fairly important! its the System Management Bus and processes mainly low level information on the motherboard, a breif description is:

The System Management Bus (abbreviated to SMBus or SMB) is a simple two-wire bus used for communication with low-bandwidth devices on a motherboard, especially power related chips such as a laptop's rechargeable battery subsystem (see Smart Battery Data). Other devices might include temperature sensors and lid switches.

A device can provide manufacturer information, indicate its model/part number, save its state for a suspend event, report different types of errors, accept control parameters, and return status. The SMBus is generally not user configurable or accessible.

The bus was defined by Intel in 1995. It carries clock, data, and instructions and is based on Philips' I²C serial bus protocol. Its clock frequency range is 10 kHz to 100 kHz. Its voltage levels are different from those of I²C, but devices belonging to the two systems are often successfully mixed on the same bus. The SMBus has an extra optional signal called ALERT#, which can be used by slaves to send an interrupt request to the controller.

Linux, Windows 2000, and Windows XP support SMBus devices, but Windows 98 does not.

It also has linkage to the Mobo BIOS and other stuff, if you wanna be a real swot readthis link talking about its functions in relation to Mobo/BIOS processes.

http://www.sbs-forum.org/marcom/sbexpo_feb02/01 SBD Access under ACPI.PDF#search="smbus driver"

Tatty_One, Nov 24, 2020
  4. SMBus Controller

SMbus controller drivers cannot be installed

Hello Chad, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

Do you receive any error code for SMBus Controller in the Device Manager?

I suppose this issue might be due to several reasons such as an incorrect installation of the chipset drivers or the driver package that is corrupted or does not have the drivers for the device. Hence reinstalling the chipset drivers can fix the issue.

Please, download and install the Intel chipset utility using the Intel download site along with the SMBus controller PCI drivers

SMBus Controller Not Recognized by Windows

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support...

Note: Installing or updating chipset drivers may result in unexpected system behavior, I would recommend contacting the motherboard manufacturer to get the chipset drivers installed/updated.

Best regards,

Alexander B.

==================

Standard Disclaimer: This post contains link(s) to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).
    Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it

Alexander Bertnikov, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

SMBus Controller

1. SMBus Controller - Similar Threads - SMBus Controller

2. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  3. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Synaptics SMBus Touchpad: The touchpad of my hp laptop suddenly stopped working yesterday and when I check the device manager, at first it was not showing then I clicked show hidden devices then it showed but it's now showing that danger sign on it and i dont know what to do. I tried updating,...
  4. Synaptics SMBus Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how can i enable SMBus host controller in my windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i enable SMBus host controller in my windows 11: how booting my kali linux debian 10 in VMware workstation and it keep showing me this message when it si booting up " SMBus host controller jnot enabled " how can i fix it...
  6. how can i enable SMBus host controller in my windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i enable SMBus host controller in my windows 11: how booting my kali linux debian 10 in VMware workstation and it keep showing me this message when it si booting up " SMBus host controller jnot enabled " how can i fix it...
  7. SMBus controller not recognized error in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    SMBus controller not recognized error in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]According to some users, the Device Manager shows an exclamation mark in front of the SMBus Controller, this means that the SMBus controller is not recognized. In this article, we are going to see what you need to do to resolve the issue. What is an SMBus controller?...
  8. SMBus Controller

SMBus Controller: I believe that SMBus Controller is related to installation because it should be included within the chipset installation, if I understand correctly. I have since installed according .inf Chipset Driver from Intel. The yellow warning exclamation issue remains however. I have...
  9. AMD SMBus and Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drivers

AMD SMBus and Standard SATA AHCI Controller Drivers: Hi, I'm running a AMD FX-6300 system, 8Gb RAM with Nvidia GTX 750 Ti GPU, running Windows 10 and Avast AV. The 'Driver Updater' in Avast keeps telling me these 2 drivers need updating. But if I try to update them in 'Device Manager' I'm told "Windows has determined you...
  10. SMbus controller drivers cannot be installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SMbus controller drivers cannot be installed: I have a newly built computer (gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite mobo) and faced a problem with the drivers for SMbus controller. I downloaded .exe files from the chipset menu on the gigabyte website. But I receive an error when trying to run them. It is Windows could not find...