Windows 10: SMBv1 and SMBv2 - USB drive on wireless printer won't connect to laptop over WiFi

Discus and support SMBv1 and SMBv2 - USB drive on wireless printer won't connect to laptop over WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an older Epson all-in-one printer with a USB drive attached. I used to be able to xfer files from the printer USB to the laptop using WiFi.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sandeleh, May 4, 2019.

1. Sandeleh Win User

SMBv1 and SMBv2 - USB drive on wireless printer won't connect to laptop over WiFi

I have an older Epson all-in-one printer with a USB drive attached. I used to be able to xfer files from the printer USB to the laptop using WiFi. Now I get an error msg stating that my printer uses SMBv1 and Windows requires SMBv2. I found the article that said I could reinstall the SMBv1 and Windows would no longer uninstall it, but I don't know where to get it or how to install it when I find it.

:)

Sandeleh, May 4, 2019

2. Windows Lumia 930 won,t connect to the wifi.

l have windows nokia Lumia 930 and it won,t connect to wifi at home or at work

paulredick, May 4, 2019
  3. Mark_1261 Win User
    Wireless printer connectivity from a wireless laptop.

I have an ASUS (Windows 10) laptop that connects to my wireless network fine. The problem is that it doesn't see any of my wireless printers. I have 2 Brother and 1 HP wireless printers. Wired printers work fine. If I connect this laptop to my network
    wired I can see, connect and print to these printers. When I disconnect the wired connection and go back to wireless the printers go gray. I have removed and reinstalled these printers which did not fix the problem. Other wired PCs work fine with these printers.
    Any suggestions?

Mark_1261, May 4, 2019
  4. SMBv1 and SMBv2 - USB drive on wireless printer won't connect to laptop over WiFi

wireless printer

Have you downloaded and installed the latest Windows 10 driver?

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL345...

Step 1: Prepare for installation

Before setting up the printer on your wireless network, gather the network name and password, and turn on your router, printer, and computer.

Gather the following items:

Network name: The network name is the SSID.

Security passphrase (WEP key or WPA)

A computer that is connected to the wireless network

Internet access (recommended): HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL.

note:

Internet access is not required for you to install your printer with a wireless connection. However, you do need Internet access to use Web Services, get printer updates, and to download drivers from the HP website.

Your wireless-capable printer: Place it close to the computer during the installation procedure.

Make sure the printer, router, and computer are all turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network you want to connect the printer to.

Disconnect the USB cable if it is connected to the printer.

Optional: If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue.

Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless or Connect a new printer depending on your version of Windows.

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.

Step 2: Connect your wireless printer to a wireless network

Connect your printer to your wireless network using the following steps.

Search Windows for your printer model name, then click the printer name in the list of results.

The printer software opens.

Click Utilities, then click Printer Setup & Software Selection.

If you previously installed the software for a USB connection and now want to change to a wireless network connection, remove the USB installation before you continue

Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection. Once the printer has been set up on the wireless network, there is no need to continue with the steps in this document.

Step 3: Download and install the printer software

Andre Da Costa, May 4, 2019
Thema:

SMBv1 and SMBv2 - USB drive on wireless printer won't connect to laptop over WiFi

1. SMBv1 and SMBv2 - USB drive on wireless printer won't connect to laptop over WiFi - Similar Threads - SMBv1 SMBv2 USB

2. Canon Printer won't connect over wifi after Windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon Printer won't connect over wifi after Windows upgrade: I have a Canon MX922 printer and it's set to work over WiFi. It prints from our phones and other computers, except for this one. I've uninstalled it, including ports and spooler and reinstalled it using the Canon MP driver dated 2016 and it will scan documents, but, it won't...
  3. Wireless connection of printer to laptop

Wireless connection of printer to laptop: I had a problem with the colour cartridge in my HP Envy 5640 printer. I replaced the cartridge with genuine new one. The printer is connected to the web and will print from my I phone but I cannot get it to connect wirelessly to my Lenovo ideapad 500 laptop. The scan/print...
  4. Wireless card won't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless card won't connect to wifi: Hello My laptop wireless connection suddenly disconnected and I have done everything to the best of my ability from update to resetting my system to fix but I found this error message in the event for the network device. "Device...
  5. Enabling network sharing with smbv1 disabled and smbv2 enabled

Enabling network sharing with smbv1 disabled and smbv2 enabled: We all know about how people at microsoft make smbv1 mandatory to share folder across a local network, which exposes us to ransomwares. people at Microsoft have no concerns for security, despite being in IT business for the last 30 years.... in windows 10 , like 1809, the...
  6. Connection laptop to wireless wifi

Connection laptop to wireless wifi: My pc 'sees' the wifi, but will not connect Password not problem as other devices connect with password Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connection-laptop-to-wireless-wifi/3eb5ea57-1bf7-435e-a7be-87897c8900af
  7. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi: Hello I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi. I am using Windows 10 The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps I have also one USB mini wifi adapter...
  8. Printer over wifi

Printer over wifi: How do I connect a printer over wifi? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-over-wifi/90593a95-404e-4b6f-885e-a6fb080ef12e
  9. laptop won't connect to printers

laptop won't connect to printers: had my laptop worked on and now cannot connect to any of my printers; when searching for them in settings/printers and devices, no printers can be found. we used to have a homegroup but since laptop has been worked on, that is gone....
  10. Connect to Printer either USB or over Network

Connect to Printer either USB or over Network: Can a printer be configured on one PC to connect via USB or Ethernet? We had an issue with our network that prevented connection to either of two printers through the wired or wireless connections. Assuming the appropriate drivers have been installed, can a new configuration...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wireless printer smbv1

2. connect to bthomehub 4 smbv1