Windows 10: SMBv1 mapped drive disconnect after restart

Discus and support SMBv1 mapped drive disconnect after restart in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is the same symptoms as described in:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FawziMasri, Mar 31, 2021.

1. SMBv1 mapped drive disconnect after restart

This is the same symptoms as described in:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapped-drive-disconnects-after-reboot-in-windows/32bbc026-97a9-4583-9f6e-2a9198351c4f

But since it is locked, i am "resurrecting" it here.
    I have two mapped drive to a windows 10 pro.

1- is a map to another win10 shared drive

2- is a map to Linux samba v1.0 share.

After latest win 10 software update 3/22/2021 i loose my samba v1.0 share whenever i restart or reboot the system.

I have tried many things but nothing worked.

I just found out the workaround from Jeremy in that link above and it is working for now.

However i wanted to point out that the issue with my samba v1 share does not appear if i delete the other map to the win10. I can restart and reboot as much as i want and the samba share will reconnect fine. But once i add the win 10 map, i can access both maps, until i restart. then i would have to disconnect the samba share and remap it.

I am not seasoned enough to figure this out, and i was hoping if Jeremy or any other person in this community can look at the issue from a samba v1 vs NTFS co-existence issue, rather than from a sambav1 persistence issue.

:)

FawziMasri, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Unable to Open/Disconnect a Mapped Drive in Windows 10

Hi Landon,

To resolve this issue, please follow the steps on how to disconnect a Mapped drive below:

• Right click on Start button > select
      Command
      Prompt (Admin).
    • Type " mountvol /r "
    • Reboot your computer.

Regards.

Carlo Fer, Mar 31, 2021
  3. little cat, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

SMBv1 mapped drive disconnect after restart

Unable to disconnect Mapped drive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned that you have removed the mapped drives through GPO and still the drive keeps appearing, I suggest you to try removing the mapped drive by running the Net use command in Command Prompt and see if that helps. Please follow the
    steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + S, and type Command Prompt.
    2. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, type net use f: \\financial\public /delete
      (Replace f: \\financial\public with the drive name)

For more information on Net use command, you can refer the article
    Net use

If the issue persists, I suggest you to post your query in TechNet
    forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on the GPO and mapped drivers to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

SMBv1 mapped drive disconnect after restart

1. SMBv1 mapped drive disconnect after restart - Similar Threads - SMBv1 mapped drive

2. Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 disconnects drive mappings: Roughly weekly, all of my drive mappings to my NAS device get wiped out by Windows 10. My NAS is a Seagate Blackarmor 220, and runs a Linux-based OS. I can ping the address fine, and I was able to map folders on it until recently. It refused to let me access any of the...
  3. Network drive mapping disconnect after log off or restart.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network drive mapping disconnect after log off or restart.: I have to remap share drive connections every time I log off or when Windows 10 prompts to install system updates and a reboot.. Is there a remedy not to constantly remap network drives to access data? Thanks to anywone who can asssit....
  4. Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect

Mapped Network Drive Disconnects and Will Not Reconnect: OS:Windows 10 V20H2 PC: Dell XPS8940 Router: Netgear R7000 w/ TomatoUSB Nine of ten mapped network drives on my desktop PC behave normally! The tenth is a problem. It is mapped to the USB drive connected to my router.Sometimes (days) I cannot connect to this mapped drive and...
  5. Mapped Drives Disconnect on reboot

Mapped Drives Disconnect on reboot: We have several workstations running Windows 10 on the same domain. Each workstation has mapped drives to access common shared folders on the Domain Server. We purchased several new Dell Workstations and configured the mapped drives the same way they are configured on the...
  6. Mapped Drives disconnecting on restart since Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mapped Drives disconnecting on restart since Windows 10 update: I run a NAS drive which I map as a Z drive on my laptop. Since a Windows 10 update probably in September the mapped drive disconnects after every restart, even though it's created with the 'reconnect at sign in' option selected. This is a real pain and I can't understand...
  7. mapped drive disconnects after reboot in windows 2004

mapped drive disconnects after reboot in windows 2004: [ATTACH] after windows 2004 update from 1909 mapped drive is disconnecting all the time after reboot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapped-drive-disconnects-after-reboot-in-windows/32bbc026-97a9-4583-9f6e-2a9198351c4f
  8. Mapped drive "Disconnected"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapped drive "Disconnected": So I'm having a issue where a mapped drive Windows 10 is showing Disconnected with the red X sometimes when powering on.. Even though it's saying it's disconnected I can still access all the files in it.. The main part of the issue is a software is pulling data from the...
  9. Unable to disconnect Mapped drive

Unable to disconnect Mapped drive: I used to have all the network drives mapped using a GPO, however, I have now moved all the network files into the cloud (G Suite). Therefore, I have removed the GPO that mapped the drives and use Google's File Stream, which automatically maps the G: drive. Whenever, I log...
  10. Mapped drive disconnected after reboots

Mapped drive disconnected after reboots: Since fall creators update I am seeing one of my mapped NAS drives always in a disconnected state after a reboot. It’s easily fixed by clicking the drive displaying the red x in explorer to establish the connection. But it seems strange that this has only started after fall...