Windows 10: SMBv3 multi sessions problem

Discus and support SMBv3 multi sessions problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Some Windows 10 PC connected to the Dell EMC NAS server, and I found some windows 10 PCs do not run multi-session to download or upload the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Code Chang, Apr 21, 2020.

1. SMBv3 multi sessions problem

Hi

Some Windows 10 PC connected to the Dell EMC NAS server, and I found some windows 10 PCs do not run multi-session to download or upload the file from the Dell EMC NAS server.

I check my windows 10 settings support 4 ConnectionCountPerRssNetworkInterface, but do not understand why some times my windows only run 1 session to the NAS server.

Also, are there any commands to check the multi-session status in the command line? I use get-smbsession but did not get any output.

Thank you very much!

codec

PS C:\> Get-SmbClientConfiguration
    ConnectionCountPerRssNetworkInterface : 4
    DirectoryCacheEntriesMax : 16
    DirectoryCacheEntrySizeMax : 65536
    DirectoryCacheLifetime : 10
    DormantFileLimit : 1023
    EnableBandwidthThrottling : False
    EnableByteRangeLockingOnReadOnlyFiles : True
    EnableInsecureGuestLogons : True
    EnableLargeMtu : True
    EnableLoadBalanceScaleOut : True
    EnableMultiChannel : True
    EnableSecuritySignature : True
    ExtendedSessionTimeout : 1000
    FileInfoCacheEntriesMax : 64
    FileInfoCacheLifetime : 10
    FileNotFoundCacheEntriesMax : 128
    FileNotFoundCacheLifetime : 5
    KeepConn : 600
    MaxCmds : 50
    MaximumConnectionCountPerServer : 32
    OplocksDisabled : False
    RequireSecuritySignature : False
    SessionTimeout : 60
    UseOpportunisticLocking : True
    WindowSizeThreshold : 8

:)

Code Chang, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 21, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 21, 2020
  4. SMBv3 multi sessions problem

Multi problems with Win. 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to update all the drivers on your computer before installing the Windows.

• PressWindows logo + I key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand all the devices on by one.
    • Right-click on the device driver and click on
      Update.

You may also download all the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them on your computer.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to perform automatic repair on your computer and check if it helps.

Before performing automatic repair, let’s change the boot order in BIOS to boot from CD/DVD.

Method 2: Change Boot order.

I suggest you to change the Windows boot order in BIOS setting. To change the setting, follow the steps provided below.

• Restart your computer, and tab Del or F2 key.
    • In BIOS settings, go to BOOT tab.
    • Change the order to boot from hard drive to CD/DVD drive.

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee
    that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

After changing the boot order, I suggest you to follow the method provided below.

Method 3: Automatic Repair.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
      • Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

SMBv3 multi sessions problem

1. SMBv3 multi sessions problem - Similar Threads - SMBv3 multi sessions

2. Azure VM multi session's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Azure VM multi session's: Hello, I have a question concerning Azure VM's. It is me and one other person trying to access the same VM. I wanted to know if there is a way that we can both be logged into the VM at the same time, but have separate desktops. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One thing...
  3. Azure VM multi session's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VM multi session's: Hello, I have a question concerning Azure VM's. It is me and one other person trying to access the same VM. I wanted to know if there is a way that we can both be logged into the VM at the same time, but have separate desktops. Any help would be greatly appreciated. One thing...
  4. Azure VM multi session's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multi Monitor Wallpaper Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi Monitor Wallpaper Problem: so i try to right click to set a certain image to a certain monitor but on shows monitor 2 . if i change a setting in windows for display then it will show option for monitor one and monitor 2...
  6. Problem with Windows multi-tasking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with Windows multi-tasking: Everytime i open multiple windows, the window that my cursor touches first comes to the top before i reach the smaller window. It's so annoying. I have to minimize everything to see the window that is hidden at the back. Please help me :...
  7. Windows 10 Multi-Session - Azure Windows Virtual Desktop

Windows 10 Multi-Session - Azure Windows Virtual Desktop: Anyone experienced an issue with WVD VMs running Windows 10 Multi-Session where on login other startup Apps load slower than they should and OneDrive takes several minutes before it loads and starts running? Once it starts running its fine, but its taking a long time. Also,...
  8. Windows 10 2004 Multi-Session - WVD

Windows 10 2004 Multi-Session - WVD: Having an on going issue that is just driving me crazy We have 4 GPU WVD VMs running version 2004 using Stamdard NV32s size and the NVIDiA extension installed for the Tesla card setuo in device manager. All 4 have the same issue. On boot the machines are fine. We have...
  9. Microsoft Virtual Desktop - Multi-session Host Pool

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Virtual Desktop - Multi-session Host Pool: Dear All, I'm currently using Windows 10 Enterprise for Virtual Desktops in a multi-session host environment and I'm trying to create a default desktop profile for all my staff to use upon logon. I'm logged on as a domain admin user, and using the change user /install &...
  10. multi-touch problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    multi-touch problem: I upgraded my Windows 8 Acer laptop to Windows 10. Everything is OK but for the multi-touch. It used to work well with Windows 8 but now I can only do single-touch. I contacted to Acer team but they told me they don’t support multi-touch in Windows 10. Reinstalling drivers...