Windows 10: smelly hdd

Discus and support smelly hdd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; so my external hdd, when i use it for like 5 minutes, it gets kinda hot but it smells horrible, What is it and how do i fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BenShankroff, Jun 27, 2020.

1. smelly hdd

so my external hdd, when i use it for like 5 minutes, it gets kinda hot but it smells horrible, What is it and how do i fix it?

:)

BenShankroff, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Jun 27, 2020
  4. smelly hdd

HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

smelly hdd

1. smelly hdd - Similar Threads - smelly hdd

2. Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD: Microsoft recently past 2 weeks or so helped me to activate Windows 10 Professional on my SSD. Now I have installed a 3TB HDD Seagate, and wish to install Windows 10 Pro on there as well. I am lead to believe that my activation is linked to my Microsoft account. Okay, but...
  3. Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD: Microsoft recently past 2 weeks or so helped me to activate Windows 10 Professional on my SSD. Now I have installed a 3TB HDD Seagate, and wish to install Windows 10 Pro on there as well. I am lead to believe that my activation is linked to my Microsoft account. Okay, but...
  4. Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SSD & HDD installed drives not visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD & HDD installed drives not visible: Hi All,SSD & HDD installed drives not visible after checked windows update and re-plugged wifi usb. and my microsoftware is Windows Feature Experience Pack. please suggest me how to get SSD & HDD back. and after clicked on shutdown it is taking more than 2 to 3min to getting...
  6. SSD & HDD installed drives not visible

SSD & HDD installed drives not visible: Hi All,SSD & HDD installed drives not visible after checked windows update and re-plugged wifi usb. and my microsoftware is Windows Feature Experience Pack. please suggest me how to get SSD & HDD back. and after clicked on shutdown it is taking more than 2 to 3min to getting...
  7. SSD & HDD installed drives not visible

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. A device which does not exist was specified while installing new 2tb HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A device which does not exist was specified while installing new 2tb HDD: Also the button for new volume is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified-while/c57a9fb0-e122-485f-824a-1e1ff798e256
  9. A device which does not exist was specified while installing new 2tb HDD

A device which does not exist was specified while installing new 2tb HDD: Also the button for new volume is greyed out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified-while/c57a9fb0-e122-485f-824a-1e1ff798e256
  10. A device which does not exist was specified while installing new 2tb HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware