Windows 10: Smooth as butter

Discus and support Smooth as butter in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; By the time I get my Win10 Pro laptop (Late February 2020), Will 1903 be smooth as butter on around 90% of configurations? 139612 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Melflormelissa, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Smooth as butter

By the time I get my Win10 Pro laptop (Late February 2020), Will 1903 be smooth as butter on around 90% of configurations?

:)

Melflormelissa, Aug 31, 2019

2. What is smooth scrolling?

Hi Kenneth,

Smooth scrolling is a feature available in Internet Explorer that allows you to scroll through a web pages smoothly, as the name of the feature suggests. If this is turned off, when scrolling through a web page, you'll notice that the scroll
    bar slides down as if it's slightly delayed, but if this is turned on, the scroll bar slides down smoothly, without delay.

This is useful when scanning through long web pages or articles.

To turn on/off smooth scrolling, see the following steps:

• Open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, and then click
      Internet
      Options.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Locate Use smooth scrolling, and tick the check box if you want it turned on/off.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Patricia Yu, Aug 31, 2019
  3. How to disable smooth scrolling for metro apps in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable the smooth scrolling and check if it helps.

• Navigate to System Properties by right clicking
      Properties from my computer.
    • Click on Advanced and click on
      Performance settings
    • In Visual Effects tab of Performance Options window, click
      Custom. Then deselect the following items to Disable some unnecessary eye candy:
    • Uncheck Smooth-scroll list boxes.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Smooth as butter

After Lumia Cyan update, scrolling is not smooth in some apps on the Lumia 1020/920/925

Lumia 920, scrolling became horrible after Cyan update. It happens everywhere: on the home screen, in the apps list, both system and third party apps, you-name-it (except in Facebook, it seems).

By horrible I mean two things:

1. Not smooth in a very eye straining way (because texts are "duplicated" with a few pixels shift from original text, producing kind of vertical blur effect),

2. There is kind of tearing in the lower part of the screen (about bottom 1 cm).

All these are much more annoying when scrolling slowly.

And no, I wouldn't blame "older processor" - it was scrolling "butter smooth" (c) Android since the beginning till Cyan update. And no, all app are long updated (installed Cyan last week). And no, it happens also after reboot when no apps are running. And no,
    I do not have million background tasks.

Nokia, if all your updates will work like this (tiny step ahead, huge step back), you will never catch that droid (pun intended). Shame.

PS But to whom I am writing this? It seems neither Nokia nor Microsoft are following these forums here.

PPS Ordered Nexus 5! Yippy!

Roman Hnatiuk, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Smooth as butter

1. Smooth as butter - Similar Threads - Smooth butter

2. Why macOS seems smoothly than Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why macOS seems smoothly than Windows 10?: Hi, I'm wondering why video on macOS seems smoothly than Windows 10. The reason why i'm wondering that is because i've tried to play the same video file on both laptop (Mac Vs Win) with the same app (Wirecast and VLC Player). Apparently the win10 laptop is more powerful than...
  3. How to make brightness changing smooth on my laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make brightness changing smooth on my laptop: Hi, i had recently updated my windows 10 to the later version and have noticed that changing my brightness happens without transition. Before the update, there used to be a transition effect when changing brightness which dowsnthappen now. Pls help my laptop is an ASUS...
  4. Why Microsoft is allowing Windows 10 to run smoothly even if it is not activated ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why Microsoft is allowing Windows 10 to run smoothly even if it is not activated ?: Why Microsoft is allowing Windows 10 to run continuously smoothly even if it is not activated ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-microsoft-is-allowing-windows-10-to-run/86143d10-3009-4213-a261-93eebced51cb"
  5. Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903: I was forced to update to Win10 1903 today from 1809 by Windows and after updating I encountered a bit of an issue, changing the brightness now isn't as smooth as it was before with the function keys as seen here SEyRYGojBsA in comparison, changing the brightness with the...
  6. Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903: I was forced to update to Win10 1903 today from 1809 by Windows and after updating I encountered a bit of an issue, changing the brightness now isn't as smooth as it was before with the function keys as seen here SEyRYGojBsA in comparison, changing the brightness with the...
  7. Microsoft’s smooth scrolling for Chromium makes more progress

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s smooth scrolling for Chromium makes more progress: Microsoft recently shipped the first beta version of its new Edge browser for Windows 10, Windows 7 and macOS. Microsoft Edge, which is built on Google’s open-source browser foundation ‘Chromium’, comes with several features and it is also expected to receive scrolling...
  8. Microsoft details smooth scrolling for Edge, Chromium on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft details smooth scrolling for Edge, Chromium on Windows 10: Microsoft Edge is available for testers with a limited set of features as the browser is still in the early days of development. Microsoft is also focusing on the new features that would arrive in Edge in future and the company shared details of upcoming improvements at Build...
  9. Microsoft brings smooth scrolling to Chrome Canary on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft brings smooth scrolling to Chrome Canary on Windows 10: Microsoft has already confirmed that it will base its new Edge browser on Chromium, the open-source project that also powers Google Chrome. After this announcement, Microsoft started contributing to Chromium which means the company’s efforts will make Chrome better, too. A...
  10. Why my computer doesn't run games smoothly anymore?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my computer doesn't run games smoothly anymore?: I dont know what started this, but suddenly when i start playing games my pc doesn't run them as smoothly as it should and my cpu and gpu usages goes higher than they should. Examples like cs go runs normally 250-300 fps but now it drops sometimes to even 120fps. Apex legends...