Windows 10: Smooth as butter

Discus and support Smooth as butter in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; By the time I get my Win10 Pro laptop (Late February 2020), Will 1903 be smooth as butter on around 90% of configurations? 139612 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Melflormelissa, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Smooth as butter

By the time I get my Win10 Pro laptop (Late February 2020), Will 1903 be smooth as butter on around 90% of configurations?

:)

Melflormelissa, Aug 31, 2019

2. What is smooth scrolling?

Hi Kenneth,

Smooth scrolling is a feature available in Internet Explorer that allows you to scroll through a web pages smoothly, as the name of the feature suggests. If this is turned off, when scrolling through a web page, you'll notice that the scroll
    bar slides down as if it's slightly delayed, but if this is turned on, the scroll bar slides down smoothly, without delay.

This is useful when scanning through long web pages or articles.

To turn on/off smooth scrolling, see the following steps:

• Open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, and then click
      Internet
      Options.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Locate Use smooth scrolling, and tick the check box if you want it turned on/off.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Patricia Yu, Aug 31, 2019
  3. How to disable smooth scrolling for metro apps in Windows 10?

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to disable the smooth scrolling and check if it helps.

• Navigate to System Properties by right clicking
      Properties from my computer.
    • Click on Advanced and click on
      Performance settings
    • In Visual Effects tab of Performance Options window, click
      Custom. Then deselect the following items to Disable some unnecessary eye candy:
    • Uncheck Smooth-scroll list boxes.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Smooth as butter

After Lumia Cyan update, scrolling is not smooth in some apps on the Lumia 1020/920/925

Lumia 920, scrolling became horrible after Cyan update. It happens everywhere: on the home screen, in the apps list, both system and third party apps, you-name-it (except in Facebook, it seems).

By horrible I mean two things:

1. Not smooth in a very eye straining way (because texts are "duplicated" with a few pixels shift from original text, producing kind of vertical blur effect),

2. There is kind of tearing in the lower part of the screen (about bottom 1 cm).

All these are much more annoying when scrolling slowly.

And no, I wouldn't blame "older processor" - it was scrolling "butter smooth" (c) Android since the beginning till Cyan update. And no, all app are long updated (installed Cyan last week). And no, it happens also after reboot when no apps are running. And no,
    I do not have million background tasks.

Nokia, if all your updates will work like this (tiny step ahead, huge step back), you will never catch that droid (pun intended). Shame.

PS But to whom I am writing this? It seems neither Nokia nor Microsoft are following these forums here.

PPS Ordered Nexus 5! Yippy!

Roman Hnatiuk, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Smooth as butter

1. Smooth as butter - Similar Threads - Smooth butter

2. Hi Microsoft, the game is still stuck on me and the computer works smoothly and my game...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hi Microsoft, the game is still stuck on me and the computer works smoothly and my game...: Hi Microsoft, the game is still stuck on me and the computer works smoothly and my game keeps crashing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-microsoft-the-game-is-still-stuck-on-me-and-the/5bfb2da2-1e0f-47f2-9fb3-e1a0776fdaff
  3. Preeti font is not smoothly Running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preeti font is not smoothly Running: Preeti font Nepali is not working properly on my windows 11 from the beginning. I have microsoft 2010. and US, UK, Australia English keyboard. Nepali typing is smooth on Nepali keyboard but not in other keyboard. Specially, Shift + F, ],', Alt + number, are not working, they...
  4. Preeti font is not smoothly Running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preeti font is not smoothly Running: Preeti font Nepali is not working properly on my windows 11 from the beginning. I have microsoft 2010. and US, UK, Australia English keyboard. Nepali typing is smooth on Nepali keyboard but not in other keyboard. Specially, Shift + F, ],', Alt + number, are not working, they...
  5. My games not running smoothly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games not running smoothly.: I have lenovo ideapad 5 pro with amd ryzen 5000 series series 7, 16 gb ram and nvidia geforce gtx 1650. So, my games used to run very smoothly and suddenly started lagging and since then no improvement. I also checked my nvidia is also updated and game settings also looks...
  6. My games not running smoothly.

My games not running smoothly.: I have lenovo ideapad 5 pro with amd ryzen 5000 series series 7, 16 gb ram and nvidia geforce gtx 1650. So, my games used to run very smoothly and suddenly started lagging and since then no improvement. I also checked my nvidia is also updated and game settings also looks...
  7. 3D Builder "Subtract" function changes the smoothness of the original object

3D Builder "Subtract" function changes the smoothness of the original object: I am attempting to use 3D Builder to cut a cylinder out of another cylinder, in effect creating a pipe with length, outer diameter and inner diameter up to my specifications. The goal is to export to .obj and use in Adobe Dimension. Dimension has a "Pipe" object but the inner...
  8. 3D Builder "Subtract" function changes the smoothness of the original object

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3D Builder "Subtract" function changes the smoothness of the original object: I am attempting to use 3D Builder to cut a cylinder out of another cylinder, in effect creating a pipe with length, outer diameter and inner diameter up to my specifications. The goal is to export to .obj and use in Adobe Dimension. Dimension has a "Pipe" object but the inner...
  9. Performance Issues: Laptop Slows Down during Daytime but Runs Smoothly after 6 pm

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance Issues: Laptop Slows Down during Daytime but Runs Smoothly after 6 pm: I've been experiencing an unusual issue with my laptop's performance recently.It runs significantly slower during daytime, but interestingly it operates flawlessly after 6 pm.Despite rebooting the laptop twice and formatting the complete hard drive but the issue persists....
  10. Performance Issues: Laptop Slows Down during Daytime but Runs Smoothly after 6 pm

Performance Issues: Laptop Slows Down during Daytime but Runs Smoothly after 6 pm: I've been experiencing an unusual issue with my laptop's performance recently.It runs significantly slower during daytime, but interestingly it operates flawlessly after 6 pm.Despite rebooting the laptop twice and formatting the complete hard drive but the issue persists....