Windows 10: smooth operation of OneNote 2016 across devices and OS

Discus and support smooth operation of OneNote 2016 across devices and OS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can operate OneNote 2016 beautifully on my PC (using Office 365/ Windows 10). I can open the corresponding OneNote files fine on my Android tablet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lesley Mostert, Nov 7, 2018.

1. smooth operation of OneNote 2016 across devices and OS

I can operate OneNote 2016 beautifully on my PC (using Office 365/ Windows 10). I can open the corresponding OneNote files fine on my Android tablet ... however I cannot edit any of the Excel Spreadsheets on the Android device. I will need to share this Notebook with people using iOS too. It seems that this might be a problem there too.

Is there any way of using OneNote as intended across devices and with multiple users?

:)

Lesley Mostert, Nov 7, 2018

2. OneNote 2016 opening on startup

Hi,

In order to turn off or disable OneNote 2016 at startup, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Taskbar, and select Task Manager.
    • On the bottom right of the Task Manager window, click the drop-down arrow to open
      More details.
    • Click the Startup tab. This tab shows the programs that are enabled on Startup.
    • Right-click OneNote 2016, and click Disable.
    • Click File, then Exit.
    • You may then restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    OneNote crashes and other issues

Hi Emre,

We need to clarify some information first for us to better assist you on your OneNote concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• Are you using OneNote 2016 or the built-in OneNote app of Windows 10?
    • If you're using OneNote 2016, what is the full version number of your Office. To determine the version of your Office, follow the steps
      here.
    • Can you please provide us the step-by-step process on how you're attempting to draw in OneNote using the touchscreen?

Argel Obm, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Simon-Q Win User

smooth operation of OneNote 2016 across devices and OS

Win 10: how to disable OneNote app after installing OneNote 2016

Hi

Thank you for the advice; I checked the settings and OneNote 2016 was already the default program for the related file types.

I am not certain that this was relevant, however, as I cannot remember ever opening OneNote by clicking on the file in Explorer. In any case, my issue is that I want to remove or disable the unnecessary / duplicate / low functionality version of OneNote
    that comes shipped with Win 10 so that the preferred OneNote 2016 version is the only one available.

In particular, I want to remove the unwanted OneNote icon from the apps list in the Start menu and not have it visible in the Windows Ink menu.

It does not make sense that, when the full-function program from Office 365 is installed, the poor quality version cannot be removed or suppressed.

Thanks, Simon

Simon-Q, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

smooth operation of OneNote 2016 across devices and OS

1. smooth operation of OneNote 2016 across devices and OS - Similar Threads - smooth operation OneNote

2. OneNote not Syncing across devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote not Syncing across devices: OneNote is not syncing across my devices, I'm connected to wifi. I have allowed ample time, restarted each device, but when I return to OneNote on my tablet where I annotate my notes for school it still has the syncing icon. It's been a couple of days and not being able to...
  3. OneNote not Syncing across devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote not Syncing across devices: OneNote is not syncing across my devices, I'm connected to wifi. I have allowed ample time, restarted each device, but when I return to OneNote on my tablet where I annotate my notes for school it still has the syncing icon. It's been a couple of days and not being able to...
  4. OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneNote 2016: Hi I've been using the print > "send to onenote desktop" to import pdfs into my OneNote 2016. It was working great for a while, but this morning, it wouldn't import the document so I tried cancelling the document in the printer queue. It wouldn't cancel so I ended up...
  5. OneNote smoothing disabled with update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneNote smoothing disabled with update?: I use OneNote for school with a Huion graphics tablet to handwrite on calculus tests. I just updated my windows to build 19041 and the handwriting smoothing automatically disabled and touch inputs are super jagged only on OneNote. The pen pressure still works, the drawing...
  6. PDF Files and OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 Customization
    PDF Files and OneNote 2016: I am having trouble with OneNote 2016. I am unable to insert PDF file printouts. The process starts, but then just hangs. I have also tried unsuccessfully to print to OneNote 2016 from both Chrome and Edge - I get an "your printer has experienced an expected configuration...
  7. OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneNote 2016: Every time I try to start Onenote 2016 I receive an error message suggesting that I delete cache and/or delete settings. After much effort I cannot get OneNote 2016 to start normally please advise. Thank you jmf...
  8. Onenote and onenote 2016 uninstall

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Onenote and onenote 2016 uninstall: Hi I have both on my computers running W10 and office 365. Happy with the new OneNote but would like to uninstall OneNote 2016 as it confuses matters. Can I do so without losing any data (notes)? I understand that OneNote 2016 stores notes on the local hard drive but will...
  9. Major Issues with onenote 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Major Issues with onenote 2016: Hi all, I'm having major issues with onenote 2016. All of a sudden I can't enter/edit text in the app. Word etc work fine. When I install Office, the "demo" notes work fine. Any ideas? 58667
  10. OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016

in Windows 10 News
    OneNote for Windows 10 will replace OneNote 2016: Still OneNote desktop for me. I'd miss things like the ability to Paste with or without formatting (and this is controllable by keyboard shortcuts - Alt-H-V-T anyone?) and I like the integration with the rest of Office (eg. the ability to mark some OneNote text as an...