Windows 10: Smooth upgrades but problem sending in Office

Discus and support Smooth upgrades but problem sending in Office in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Just wanted to share my experiences. I upgraded 2 Dell OptiPlex 9020 from Windows 8.1 to 10 and one Mac Bootcamp from 8.1 to 10. The Mac was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RobertMallett, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Smooth upgrades but problem sending in Office

Hi,

Just wanted to share my experiences. I upgraded 2 Dell OptiPlex 9020 from Windows 8.1 to 10 and one Mac Bootcamp from 8.1 to 10.
    The Mac was a little problematic, the upgrade went OK and didn't take very long - 30-60 mins or so, but I had no activity on the Start button and other options - notifications, file explorer. The right clicked work so I could launch a cmd prompt as admin and ran PowerShell and then

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

This fixed it on reboot but the problem returned after another reboot. So I clean installed which was a pain as I had to delete the bootcamp partition, remake it then install Windows 8.1, then activate it and then upgrade it to 10 from the DVD I downloaded. But when I final got there all was working and has been ever since.

The Dells were no problem, I made an image backup first so I could roll back exactly if I needed to but it wasn't neccessary, both Dells upgraded without a hitch and are both working fine.

I had one little issue with Outlook 2013 on all 3 machines: Mail would not send, mail just sat in the Outbox. I ran sfc /scannow which fixed the issue, didn't even need a reboot, just opened Outlook after the process completed and mail sent as normal.

I like the OS. An improvement on 8.1 for me. I have to be honest and say that whilst I didn't mind the Metro screen and I customized it heavily, I bypassed it most of the time and I found the charms a pain when trying to find a setting, would it appear or not, and what was in there once it did appear? Control panel? No! to get that you had to be on the desktop and get the charm to appear, if you did it on the Metros screen the contents were different!

Anyway that's a thing of the past, the new Start menu is much better, for me. One last comment:

I use both Windows and Mac OS depending on what I'm doing, some programs work better for me on Mac - like music stuff, and other things better on Windows, Excel for instance which I can't use on Mac - it's so tiny for a start! Outlook will change signatures automatically depending on which account I'm sending from on Windows but not on Mac - so annoying!

I had occasion to boot into Mac Yosemite on the Mac Pro and was immediately struck with how dated it looked, like a kids toy with icons bouncing up and down at the bottom, and Mac OS always used to look and feel much slicker the Windows.

Anyway I hope that helps if you encounter those same problems.

:)

RobertMallett, Aug 9, 2015

2. Are there any full featured email clients?

I am with you on that.

MS makes Office, the latest Office 2013 is beyond smooth. So smooth that it makes me want to work more. It is ironic when you consider sorry state of the mail app on the phone. I am hoping for some updates Smooth upgrades but problem sending in Office :)

Jay_answers, Aug 9, 2015
  3. blitzkid Win User
    Quick office 7 pro, google maps and symbian anna update in Nokia C7

I'm also having the same problem... I had a smooth update of my C7 OTA. But after a clean update I uninstalled quick office to install a full version. But the full version won't install and now I'm without quick office... :-(

blitzkid, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Smooth upgrades but problem sending in Office

1. Smooth upgrades but problem sending in Office - Similar Threads - Smooth upgrades problem

2. Boot drive upgrade went smooth...almost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Boot drive upgrade went smooth...almost: Cloned my Gigabyte Z390UD Samsung 500Gb SSD to a new Samsung SSD 980 1Tb NVMe M.2 in the mobo M.2 slot. Used the Samsung software that they offered and done in 30 mins. It expanded the C drive and picked up the drive as the boot drive but I had to select it as the boot drive...
  3. Office upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office upgrade: I purchased a new laptop in 2013 and upgraded to windows 10 thereafter, I'm now told I need to upgrade as some apps/software will no longer work after Jan. 14th. First off, is this true? Also, is the price I've been quoted correct $359.00 US dollars?...
  4. Office Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office Upgrade: I have Office enterprise and have read that I can upgrade to office 2013. Is this a true statement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-upgrade/2dfd21c6-b88e-438c-bf86-f5cb7fa9d1b5
  5. Intermittent problem sending email in Microsoft Office Professional 2013 Outlook

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent problem sending email in Microsoft Office Professional 2013 Outlook: When I travel I use my iPhone 10 personal hotspot to access the internet with my surface pro. This is fully functional for all actions relating to the internet including receiving emails, with the exception being that I am unable to send emails from outlook and just keep...
  6. PROBLEMS WITH SEND TO

PROBLEMS WITH SEND TO: I am unable to right click on my mouse to get the send to, i.e. fax recipient, compressed file. It stopped working this week. I did not do anything different. I tried to look up send to compressed file and it opens in Word....
  7. Problems sending emails

Problems sending emails: I just set up an new MS email account - Cant seem to send emails from it - receive fine - but it just sends a message back from "Administrator" saying as per below - any ideas what the problem is???????? Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients....
  8. Office 365 send / receive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Office 365 send / receive: I have a send/receive error for office 365 and can't get new email. I am still able to get the gmail on phone but not in outlook. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-365-send-receive/4ba65f7d-1ec1-4207-acc2-b760f89dc740"
  9. Problem with sending mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with sending mail: I faced up an issue when tried to send e-mails. I had set up iCloud email account in Windows 10 Mail and have no problem with receiving mails but cannot send them.I receive an error message and the letter comes to Drafts folder....
  10. hiding send a smile in Office 2016

in Microsoft Office and 365
    hiding send a smile in Office 2016: I cannot delete "send a smile" icon (yellow top right smile) at Office 2016 I was referred to delete at the registry at the folder 15.0 of Office but I do not have that registry folder. I do have 16.0. And at the 16.0 folder I do not have "Feedback" 53844