Windows 10: SMS texts

Discus and support SMS texts in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am having difficulty with hackers recently. On April 27th 2019, I reinstalled MS Windows 10 on my computer. As part of the reinstallation... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MS user 190529, May 28, 2019.

1. SMS texts

I am having difficulty with hackers recently.

On April 27th 2019, I reinstalled MS Windows 10 on my computer. As part of the reinstallation procedure I received a text telling me a MS security code to my cell phone. The text came from "245000". Is "245000" belonging to MS?

On May 28th 2019, I received a message telling me that some security information on my outlook account was rewritten. I did not change anything. I was told to check at https://account.live.com/.p . The text also came from "245000". Is this also coming from MS? What should I do?

If this is a MS website, why are you using such a difficult to understand website name? It is very confusing.

:)

MS user 190529, May 28, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, May 28, 2019
  3. Can't send group text or SMS..I don't want to send SMS using any 3rd party app or Groupme

Hi Amithsiji,

Thank you for your post.

Please try to send your texts with the Group Text feature off by following those steps:

• Open the Messaging app and tap the (...) three dots at the bottom right of the screen.

• Tap Settings.

• Slide "Group Text" to off.
    This doesn't disable the ability to send a text to multiple people, it sends the message as normal SMS instead of MMS.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on

Sergent

Sergent---01, May 28, 2019
  4. wdrs Win User

SMS texts

SM Bus Controller Driver

I have now updated my specs

Thema:

SMS texts

1. SMS texts - Similar Threads - SMS texts

2. Phone Link only shows SMS texts from the last 30 days which is an issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone Link only shows SMS texts from the last 30 days which is an issue: The fact that Phone Link only shows SMS texts from the last 30 days is a real problem for me, and I'm sure for many other people.One example: I have bought concert tickets for a gig several months away. The website instructions state that "the ticket and barcode will be...
  3. Phone Link only shows SMS texts from the last 30 days which is an issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone Link only shows SMS texts from the last 30 days which is an issue: The fact that Phone Link only shows SMS texts from the last 30 days is a real problem for me, and I'm sure for many other people.One example: I have bought concert tickets for a gig several months away. The website instructions state that "the ticket and barcode will be...
  4. I am no longer receiving incoming text messages SMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am no longer receiving incoming text messages SMS: I am no longer receiving incoming text messages SMS - How do I trouble shoot this or fix it?THANKS, Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-no-longer-receiving-incoming-text-messages/dc77084f-44d0-4780-9e49-9c82df378e02
  5. I am no longer receiving incoming text messages SMS

I am no longer receiving incoming text messages SMS: I am no longer receiving incoming text messages SMS - How do I trouble shoot this or fix it?THANKS, Peter https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-no-longer-receiving-incoming-text-messages/dc77084f-44d0-4780-9e49-9c82df378e02
  6. Microsoft Phone Link - Text Messages SMS keeps popping up as Notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Phone Link - Text Messages SMS keeps popping up as Notifications: I am using Microsoft Phone Link together with my Windows 11 PC latest updated OS and patches and my Apple iPhone latest updated OS and patches. Not all the time, but most of the time - seems to be random - when I receive a Text Message SMS, it arrives as a Notification and...
  7. Microsoft Phone Link - Text Messages SMS keeps popping up as Notifications

Microsoft Phone Link - Text Messages SMS keeps popping up as Notifications: I am using Microsoft Phone Link together with my Windows 11 PC latest updated OS and patches and my Apple iPhone latest updated OS and patches. Not all the time, but most of the time - seems to be random - when I receive a Text Message SMS, it arrives as a Notification and...
  8. Microsoft not sending verification code SMS text

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft not sending verification code SMS text: [IMG]If Microsoft is not sending a verification code or SMS text to you when you sign in or create an account, then this post will be able to help you. As it’s an issue of concern, it should be fixed immediately. Fortunately, this post features easy methods to fix it. Why am...
  9. Weird sms text from Microsoft? Scam?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird sms text from Microsoft? Scam?: I got a text saying about unauthorized access to my account. Got no emails and the text has an email that is unknown to me and they sent it twice so I pay no attention I clicked no links... But how someone can use such brand name in this manner......
  10. Weird sms text from Microsoft? Scam?

Weird sms text from Microsoft? Scam?: I got a text saying about unauthorized access to my account. Got no emails and the text has an email that is unknown to me and they sent it twice so I pay no attention I clicked no links... But how someone can use such brand name in this manner......