Windows 10: SMTP authentication

Discus and support SMTP authentication in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have several gmail accounts set up and use Chrome browser. This is usually OK but I have just tried to send an email from one of my accounts which... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by janey6, Jan 22, 2021.

1. janey6 Win User

SMTP authentication

I have several gmail accounts set up and use Chrome browser. This is usually OK but I have just tried to send an email from one of my accounts which was returned saying

the remote server is misconfigured. See the technical details below for more information.

50 Please turn on SMTP Authentication in your mail client, or login to the IMAP/POP3 server before sending your message. mail-io1-f42.google.com [209.85.166.42]:40335 is not permitted to relay through this server without authentication.

All other emails sent from this gmail account arrive safely but for some reason this particular message is not sent. I have tried several times to send it, without success. How do I resolve this, please?

:)

janey6, Jan 22, 2021
  2. suthex Win User

E66 SMTP Authentication

I can't seem to find the traditional "check here for SMTP Authentication" ... is this capability hidden or do I need to do something special when adding my SMTP Server name?

suthex, Jan 22, 2021
  3. kda026 Win User
    kda026, Jan 22, 2021
  4. flizsr Win User

SMTP authentication

SMTP authentication

WAS sending and receiving email when first got phone and setup over a week ago. Now I can receive email but not send says smtp authentication check username and password which I know are correct. any help I'm on the tmobile network with roadrunner in the
    USA Cincinnati area.

flizsr, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

SMTP authentication

1. SMTP authentication - Similar Threads - SMTP authentication

2. Outlook 2019 keeps throwing internal SMTP server error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 2019 keeps throwing internal SMTP server error: I have two computers, both running windos10. The desktop is connected directly into my ethernet network, the laptop connects via 802.11n wireless. The desktop is running offus 2016, the laptop offus 2019. I have no trouble with sending and receiving messages via 2016. 2019...
  3. Outlook 2019 keeps throwing internal SMTP server error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2019 keeps throwing internal SMTP server error: I have two computers, both running windos10. The desktop is connected directly into my ethernet network, the laptop connects via 802.11n wireless. The desktop is running offus 2016, the laptop offus 2019. I have no trouble with sending and receiving messages via 2016. 2019...
  4. Can not access SMTP server ONLY when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can not access SMTP server ONLY when monitor turns off: Windows 10 Version 22H2 Build 19045.3086Can not access SMTP server ONLY when monitor turns off.ONLY when monitor powers off after 20 minutes - also tried other times I get many messages telling me "unable to access SMTP server."No problem accessing SMTP server when screen is...
  5. Can not access SMTP server ONLY when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not access SMTP server ONLY when monitor turns off: Windows 10 Version 22H2 Build 19045.3086Can not access SMTP server ONLY when monitor turns off.ONLY when monitor powers off after 20 minutes - also tried other times I get many messages telling me "unable to access SMTP server."No problem accessing SMTP server when screen is...
  6. Can not access SMTP server ONLY when monitor turns off

7. smtp relay is not sending emails internally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smtp relay is not sending emails internally: Dear Team,Emails are triggered from our Application HP Process Automation 7.5. The SMTP server address configured in the application as localhost. We have SMTP Relay configured under Windows Server 2012 R2 under IIS. Mails triggered by the application is able to send mails to...
  8. smtp relay is not sending emails internally

smtp relay is not sending emails internally: Dear Team,Emails are triggered from our Application HP Process Automation 7.5. The SMTP server address configured in the application as localhost. We have SMTP Relay configured under Windows Server 2012 R2 under IIS. Mails triggered by the application is able to send mails to...
  9. IIS6 SMTP Relay and STARTTLS

IIS6 SMTP Relay and STARTTLS: Hi,We want to migrate our Outbound Mail provider from XXXXX to YYYYY. We use Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 with IIS6 SMTP Relay to relay internal mail to XXXXX. This has been working fine for YEARS. As part of testing connectivity to YYYYY, if i send a manual email by telnetting...
  10. Authenticate IMAP, POP3, and SMTP for an email account that has already been added.

Authenticate IMAP, POP3, and SMTP for an email account that has already been added.: Hi folks. I have several functioning email addresses in Windows Mail. Yesterday I created a new one- a webmail address- in BlueHost. I then introduced it to Windows Mail.I clicked “Manage Accounts” and “Add Account.” Then a long list came up.I added the basic details. But...