Windows 10: SMTP mail server

Discus and support SMTP mail server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Having trouble with my email sending and receiving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gloriawillis, Mar 17, 2020.

1. SMTP mail server

Having trouble with my email sending and receiving

:)

gloriawillis, Mar 17, 2020
  2. erno_sim Win User

my N9 can't send a email via using icloud smtp server

N9 imap mail sending does not work with .mac/.me (iCloud) mail. I have these settings (automatic and also manually set from Apple page).

Mails stays at outbox with smtp server error (lates N9 update)

SMTP (outgoing mail server) information:

• Server name: smtp.mail.me.com
    • SSL Required: Yes
    • Port: 587
    • SMTP Authentication Required: Yes
    • Username: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** (use your @me.com address from your iCloud account)
    • Password: Your iCloud password
    Mail server settings for iCloud email clients

erno_sim, Mar 17, 2020
  3. bhkraft Win User
    Windows 10 Mail and POP3, SMTP mail servers

I have been using Outlook.com for mail.

Something changed and it became the new Outlook Mail with reduced functionality.

Specifically, I can no longer configure different servers for incoming and outgoing mail in Outlook Mail.

Can I configure different POP3 and SMTP servers in the Mail app for Windows 10?

bhkraft, Mar 17, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

SMTP mail server

QNAP Turbo NAS Supports XDove All-in-one Mail Server

QNAP Systems, Inc. today announced the availability of XDove an all-in-one feature rich mail server for its TS-109/ 209/ 409/ 509/ 639 Turbo NAS series, providing the business users the most competitive option for setting up their mail server on their Linux-embedded network attached storage. By the simple web-based QPKG software package expansion, the users can turn their Turbo NAS into a powerful mail server which provides SMTP, POP3 and IMAP services, multiple virtual domains and accounts, AJAX webmail with extended functionalities including personal folders, address book, calendar and real-time chat among users under the same mail server, schedule backup and restore mailboxes from multiple domains.

"We're delighted to bring this exciting news to our users who want to customize their QNAP NAS as their own mail server at home or office. The XDove mail server named after the open source offering XMail and Dovecot enables them to quickly set up POP3 and IMAP mail server, create mail accounts after their own domain names, and maintain all-you-can-name mail server features over the Intranet and the Internet. The installation and administration are extremely easy that even novice users can manage according to the online documentation. Besides, the XDove also supports full mail box backup and restore that gives you extra protection on the top of your RAID data redundancy," says Andy Chuo, Product Manager from QNAP. "The XDove mail server also supports webmail and instant messaging on the same interface. All you need is a web browser and the Internet access and you can talk on the web conveniently with other users anywhere," commented AdNovea, one of the main developers of XDove mail server.

Features of XDove on QNAP Turbo NAS:
    • ESMTP/ESMTPS server
    • POP3/POP3S server
    • IMAP server
    • Finger server
    • Multiple virtual domains
    • SMTP relay checking
    • Custom SMTP maps check
    • SMTP protection over spammers (IP-based and address-based)
    • SMTP authentication (PLAIN LOGIN CRAM-MD5 POP3/SMTP and custom)
    • SMTP ETRN command support
    • POP3 account synchronizer with external POP3 accounts
    • Account aliasing
    • Domain aliasing
    • Mailing lists
    • Custom mail processing
    • Locally generated mail files delivery
    • Remote administration
    • Custom mail exchangers
    • Logging
    • Fine grained message filters
    • Custom (external) POP3/SMTP authentication
    • TLS support for SMTP and POP3, both server and client side
    • Webmail supports POP3, SMTP, IMAP with Ajax interface and extra features including personal folders, address book, calendar and real-time chat
    • Schedulable mail backup and restore functions
    • Automatic installer
    XDove can be installed optionally as an QPKG package from below:
    TS-109 | TS-209 | TS-409 | TS-509 | TS-639

Detailed installation guides are available on the QNAPedia Community Wiki.

btarunr, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

SMTP mail server

1. SMTP mail server - Similar Threads - SMTP mail server

2. Outlook 2019 keeps throwing internal SMTP server error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 2019 keeps throwing internal SMTP server error: I have two computers, both running windos10. The desktop is connected directly into my ethernet network, the laptop connects via 802.11n wireless. The desktop is running offus 2016, the laptop offus 2019. I have no trouble with sending and receiving messages via 2016. 2019...
  3. Outlook 2019 keeps throwing internal SMTP server error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2019 keeps throwing internal SMTP server error: I have two computers, both running windos10. The desktop is connected directly into my ethernet network, the laptop connects via 802.11n wireless. The desktop is running offus 2016, the laptop offus 2019. I have no trouble with sending and receiving messages via 2016. 2019...
  4. SMTP authentication

in Browsers and Email
    SMTP authentication: I have several gmail accounts set up and use Chrome browser. This is usually OK but I have just tried to send an email from one of my accounts which was returned saying the remote server is misconfigured. See the technical details below for more information. 50 Please turn...
  5. Windows Mail compatibility with Server 2016 SMTP

Windows Mail compatibility with Server 2016 SMTP: I try to send mail with Windows 10 Mail via SMTP from a Windows Server 2016. Windows Mail communicates with SMTP with EHLO [IPv6:::ffff:10.18.4.114] thats my IPv4 address and gets a 501 invalid address reply. Other programs use the format EHLO [10.18.4.114] which works. So...
  6. Mail app ignoring autodiscover SMTP settings.

Mail app ignoring autodiscover SMTP settings.: I am trying to set up a simplified setup process for my users to configure the Windows Mail app for IMAP and SMTP. I am providing an autodiscover.xml file which tests perfectly when using Outlook. When I use "Test E-Mail Autoconfiguration" from Outlook, I get a proper...
  7. SMTP server issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMTP server issues: I recently rebooted my DVR at home as it was having some technical issues, however now that I have done that it wont let me sign back in for the email alerts for the motion detectors, it will constantly say I have the username and password wrong however I know they are...
  8. windows mail imap smtp settings for adobe to send attachments

windows mail imap smtp settings for adobe to send attachments: Cannot send adobe attachments, I need windows mail 10 settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mail-imap-smtp-settings-for-adobe-to-send/5d8aad3b-6908-408b-84d8-4082c004c510
  9. SMTP server Configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SMTP server Configuration: Please, I can't find SMTP server Feature in my Windows 10. How can I install SMTP server in Window 10? I do not need Third Party SMTP that I have to pay. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smtp-server-configuration/3548a817-ff29-4343-8f60-c930242654b2
  10. my incoming mail server and outgoing mail server SMTP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    my incoming mail server and outgoing mail server SMTP?: Where do I look to find out the name of my incoming mail server and my outgoing mail server STMP? I new to this computer stuff, please help....