Windows 10: smtp relay is not sending emails internally

Discus and support smtp relay is not sending emails internally in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Team,Emails are triggered from our Application HP Process Automation 7.5. The SMTP server address configured in the application as localhost. We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HarikrishnanK, Aug 9, 2022.

1. smtp relay is not sending emails internally

Dear Team,Emails are triggered from our Application HP Process Automation 7.5. The SMTP server address configured in the application as localhost. We have SMTP Relay configured under Windows Server 2012 R2 under IIS. Mails triggered by the application is able to send mails to outside domains. We are using domain as [mycompanyname.in]. The mails sent to inside our domain is not delivering. ie, the SMTP relay server is able to send the mails to email ids such as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, but it is not able to deliver the message to email ids such as *** Email address is removed for privacy *** SMTP Server ip configur

:)

HarikrishnanK, Aug 9, 2022

2. IIS6 SMTP Relay and STARTTLS

Hi,

We want to migrate our Outbound Mail provider from XXXXX to YYYYY. We use Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 with IIS6 SMTP Relay to relay internal mail to XXXXX. This has been working fine for YEARS. As part of testing connectivity to YYYYY, if i send a manual email by telnetting into YYYYY on port 25, it only works if i use the STARTTLS command (XXXX i dont need to do this).

Before i bite the bullet, does IIS6 SMTP Relay support STARTTLS? In VIRTUAL SERVER, Properties, Delivery, OUtbound Securitry the option for TLS encrypted is TICKED, is this good enough?

Thanks

IAmTheLizardQueen, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Windows IIS 6.0 SMTP issues relaying email with particular .docX attachment

Hi,

We have a very simple email setup. Emails go to a Cloud Spam/Virus checker, then forwarded/relayed to our external SMTP server, which is Windows 2012 R2, running IIS 6.0 SMTP, which then should forward the email to an internal Exchange Server.

We have an external participant who cannt get a particular .docx (not all .docx just this particular one) to send through. The Cloud Spam provier shows its forwarding to our External SMTP Relay but keeps retrying for 72 hours with error.

[SMTP Code: 450, Message: 450 4.4.1 [internal] Connection Timed Out].

I can see some entires int he IIS SMTP logs, showing the email is received, i.e MAIL, RCPT, but nothing for the DATA. Cant see anything at all the the Exchange logs.

The attachment goes through fine if its ZIPPED up.

Is there anyway i can increase the logging, etc to try to diagnose this?

Thanks

IAmTheLizardQueen, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Palcouk Win User

smtp relay is not sending emails internally

SMTP Relay Service

Forgive me if this is the wrong group;

I Have two mainstream financial programs which have a 'send report via email' option, the mail/report is sent directly from the program, and not added as an attachment to MS Outlook.

In early April the send report failed with a generic 'unable to connect to the server'

At this point nothing other that a program and win update had been installed. (Its not possible to revert the program to the earlier version, as the program will not run without updating

Testing the SMTP Relay Service via PowerShell passed just fine

Testing on another PC gives the same result.

Could it be that the two programs use the same 'win api's' and the problem lies there?

The two program makers are unable to offer anything

Palcouk, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

smtp relay is not sending emails internally

1. smtp relay is not sending emails internally - Similar Threads - smtp relay sending

2. smtp relay is not sending emails internally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smtp relay is not sending emails internally: Dear Team,Emails are triggered from our Application HP Process Automation 7.5. The SMTP server address configured in the application as localhost. We have SMTP Relay configured under Windows Server 2012 R2 under IIS. Mails triggered by the application is able to send mails to...
  3. IIS6 SMTP Relay and STARTTLS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IIS6 SMTP Relay and STARTTLS: Hi,We want to migrate our Outbound Mail provider from XXXXX to YYYYY. We use Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 with IIS6 SMTP Relay to relay internal mail to XXXXX. This has been working fine for YEARS. As part of testing connectivity to YYYYY, if i send a manual email by telnetting...
  4. IIS6 SMTP Relay and STARTTLS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IIS6 SMTP Relay and STARTTLS: Hi,We want to migrate our Outbound Mail provider from XXXXX to YYYYY. We use Microsoft Windows 2012 R2 with IIS6 SMTP Relay to relay internal mail to XXXXX. This has been working fine for YEARS. As part of testing connectivity to YYYYY, if i send a manual email by telnetting...
  5. Windows Mail App cannot send email, but reply works SMTP

Windows Mail App cannot send email, but reply works SMTP: HiI'm maintaining a computer for my 90 year old mum, Windows 10 Home, all updates installed. I added her ISP email into the Mail app using "advanced settings" for IMAP/SMTP. with SSL, details provided by the ISP at standaard instellingen Scarlet email. This all worked fine...
  6. Windows Mail App cannot send email, but reply works SMTP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail App cannot send email, but reply works SMTP: HiI'm maintaining a computer for my 90 year old mum, Windows 10 Home, all updates installed. I added her ISP email into the Mail app using "advanced settings" for IMAP/SMTP. with SSL, details provided by the ISP at standaard instellingen Scarlet email. This all worked fine...
  7. My SMTP App is unable to send more than 10 Emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My SMTP App is unable to send more than 10 Emails: I have written an SMTP application in python, It is supposed to send at least 300 emails as per the outlook limit but it gets the account banned after 10 mails. Can you explain to me what's wrong with the settings or the procedure I am using? I even tried using the app...
  8. My SMTP App is unable to send more than 10 Emails

My SMTP App is unable to send more than 10 Emails: I have written an SMTP application in python, It is supposed to send at least 300 emails as per the outlook limit but it gets the account banned after 10 mails. Can you explain to me what's wrong with the settings or the procedure I am using? I even tried using the app...
  9. Windows IIS 6.0 SMTP issues relaying email with particular .docX attachment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows IIS 6.0 SMTP issues relaying email with particular .docX attachment: Hi,We have a very simple email setup. Emails go to a Cloud Spam/Virus checker, then forwarded/relayed to our external SMTP server, which is Windows 2012 R2, running IIS 6.0 SMTP, which then should forward the email to an internal Exchange Server.We have an external...
  10. Windows IIS 6.0 SMTP issues relaying email with particular .docX attachment

Windows IIS 6.0 SMTP issues relaying email with particular .docX attachment: Hi,We have a very simple email setup. Emails go to a Cloud Spam/Virus checker, then forwarded/relayed to our external SMTP server, which is Windows 2012 R2, running IIS 6.0 SMTP, which then should forward the email to an internal Exchange Server.We have an external...