Windows 10: SMTP server issues

Discus and support SMTP server issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently rebooted my DVR at home as it was having some technical issues, however now that I have done that it wont let me sign back in for the email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WonderlandCoffee, Jul 11, 2020.

1. SMTP server issues

I recently rebooted my DVR at home as it was having some technical issues, however now that I have done that it wont let me sign back in for the email alerts for the motion detectors, it will constantly say I have the username and password wrong however I know they are correct, any genuine help is much appreciated.

:)

WonderlandCoffee, Jul 11, 2020
  2. LUGUY Win User

How to configure SMTP Server

Normally you wouldn't create a new SMTP server just for this purpose... most likely you'd just enter the information about your existing email system (are you using Microsoft Exchange?).

I'd recommend that you talk to your email admistrators to get the needed information to enter into the printer

Thank you for your response. No, I'm using Microsoft Outlook 2010, but I have to configure SMTP Server because the printer asked me for this to "Scan to Email" if you or somebody please can help me step by step how to do it I'll appreciate it. I have Xerox
    WorkCentre 3615 Multifunction Printer. Once again thank you.

LUGUY, Jul 11, 2020
  3. LUGUY Win User

I'm asking if somebody want to contribute with any info, links, blogs etc. concerning on HOW TO: "Scan to Email " "Step by step Configure SMTP Server (Settings)" "Xerox WorkCentre 3615" Thank you.

LUGUY, Jul 11, 2020
  4. e.gray Win User

SMTP server issues

So, this is not in an office environment where you have a corporate email system?

In any case, you do NOT create an SMTP server to enable this functionality of the printer/scanner. Instead, you enter your existing email server settings into the printer/scanner.

You need to contact whomever currently provides your email. If this is a home setting, then this organization is probably your Internet Service Provider (the people you send a bill to every month for Internet service). Go to their web site and poke around
    for links on how to configure email clients (like Outlook) to use their email system.

If this is a corporate environment, then you go to your IT folks for this information.

Part of this information will be the URL to their SMTP server, the port numbers, and authentication details to get to their SMTP server.

Once you've got the SMTP details from your existing email server, you can add this data to your printer/scanner.

So, get the data first, and then come back here if you need help entering this data into your printer/scanner.

e.gray, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

SMTP server issues

1. SMTP server issues - Similar Threads - SMTP server issues

2. Outlook 2019 keeps throwing internal SMTP server error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 2019 keeps throwing internal SMTP server error: I have two computers, both running windos10. The desktop is connected directly into my ethernet network, the laptop connects via 802.11n wireless. The desktop is running offus 2016, the laptop offus 2019. I have no trouble with sending and receiving messages via 2016. 2019...
  3. Outlook 2019 keeps throwing internal SMTP server error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 2019 keeps throwing internal SMTP server error: I have two computers, both running windos10. The desktop is connected directly into my ethernet network, the laptop connects via 802.11n wireless. The desktop is running offus 2016, the laptop offus 2019. I have no trouble with sending and receiving messages via 2016. 2019...
  4. Can not access SMTP server ONLY when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can not access SMTP server ONLY when monitor turns off: Windows 10 Version 22H2 Build 19045.3086Can not access SMTP server ONLY when monitor turns off.ONLY when monitor powers off after 20 minutes - also tried other times I get many messages telling me "unable to access SMTP server."No problem accessing SMTP server when screen is...
  5. Can not access SMTP server ONLY when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can not access SMTP server ONLY when monitor turns off: Windows 10 Version 22H2 Build 19045.3086Can not access SMTP server ONLY when monitor turns off.ONLY when monitor powers off after 20 minutes - also tried other times I get many messages telling me "unable to access SMTP server."No problem accessing SMTP server when screen is...
  6. SMTP authentication

in Browsers and Email
    SMTP authentication: I have several gmail accounts set up and use Chrome browser. This is usually OK but I have just tried to send an email from one of my accounts which was returned saying the remote server is misconfigured. See the technical details below for more information. 50 Please turn...
  7. Windows Mail compatibility with Server 2016 SMTP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail compatibility with Server 2016 SMTP: I try to send mail with Windows 10 Mail via SMTP from a Windows Server 2016. Windows Mail communicates with SMTP with EHLO [IPv6:::ffff:10.18.4.114] thats my IPv4 address and gets a 501 invalid address reply. Other programs use the format EHLO [10.18.4.114] which works. So...
  8. SMTP mail server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SMTP mail server: Having trouble with my email sending and receiving https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smtp-mail-server/afeac3fd-d1b7-4f35-a781-804185641cab
  9. SMTP server Configuration

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SMTP server Configuration: Please, I can't find SMTP server Feature in my Windows 10. How can I install SMTP server in Window 10? I do not need Third Party SMTP that I have to pay. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smtp-server-configuration/3548a817-ff29-4343-8f60-c930242654b2
  10. my incoming mail server and outgoing mail server SMTP?

in Windows 10 Customization
    my incoming mail server and outgoing mail server SMTP?: Where do I look to find out the name of my incoming mail server and my outgoing mail server STMP? I new to this computer stuff, please help....