Windows 10: Snap 2 windows with uneven ratios (75% to 25%)

Discus and support Snap 2 windows with uneven ratios (75% to 25%) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Instead of an even split between 2 windows, how do I get my browser to occupy more screen space compared to my 2ⁿᵈ window in 1 hotkey? 183319 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tententwenty, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Snap 2 windows with uneven ratios (75% to 25%)

Instead of an even split between 2 windows, how do I get my browser to occupy more screen space compared to my 2ⁿᵈ window in 1 hotkey?

:)

tententwenty, Aug 2, 2021
  2. andselisk Win User

How to set custom, uneven snap/tiling ratio on Windows 7+?

By default two active windows snapped side by side would fill 50% of screen real estate each:

I would rather prefer to set another ratio deviating from 1:1 as the default one (without having to move the windows border with the mouse every time), for example I'd like to have a wider program window on the left, and a narrower one on the right:

Is it achievable by any means?

andselisk, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Digijan Win User

Snap 2 windows with uneven ratios (75% to 25%)

Snap Assist to top and bottom in portrait mode

I work in Portrait on my desktop and have found an almost-but-not-quite solution building on Eeshwar's suggestion.

1) Snap a window to one of the corners. For this purpose we'll say you have your notes app and Snap it to bottom-left or bottom-right.

2) Size the snapped window horizontally to fill the screen

3) Snap "top" window to either top corner - the window will match the size of your previously-snapped bottom window and fill the rest of the screen.

This solution has drawbacks:

1) Extra step - you must resize the initial window after snapping

2) No official keyboard shortcuts

Digijan, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Snap 2 windows with uneven ratios (75% to 25%)

1. Snap 2 windows with uneven ratios (75% to 25%) - Similar Threads - Snap uneven ratios

2. Aspect ratio error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Aspect ratio error: Hi, so I was going to go onto my computer?, but this has happened to me. I’ve updated every little thing, drivers, tried a different cable, switch my tv settings, switch my graphics control settings, nothing I tried has worked. Can someone help?...
  3. Issue with window snapping. 2 windows snapped vertically sometimes makes a see through slit...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with window snapping. 2 windows snapped vertically sometimes makes a see through slit...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/needanswerswtfwindow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kidjos/issue_with_window_snapping_2_windows_snapped/
  4. Uneven text in browser tabs and other windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uneven text in browser tabs and other windows: Text labeling browser tabs, and some menus, and even in Windows Settings see below looks like bites have been taken out of it. I've tried various font resizings to no avail. BTW, Intel just updated my device driver soft ware for their graphics adapter HD Graphics 4600....
  5. snap to

snap to: how can I snap to all open windows with one click or drag on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-to/693a6159-5bc6-4924-811c-70a10ab95977
  6. Aspect Ratio (Windows10)

Aspect Ratio (Windows10): It seems that my screen is too wide for the display to not be distorted. I want to know if I can change the aspect ratio to accommodate the width of the monitor. I have already tried all the choices for resolution settings, and they are not really the problem....
  7. Screen Aspect Ratio in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Aspect Ratio in Windows 10.: Hello everyone, I've got an old notebook. I decided to install Windows 10 on it. However, it turned out that Windows 10 does not support the GPU that I have in my laptop what means there is no software, dedicated to my GPU. Because of that, I can't change the screen aspect...
  8. window snap

window snap: i want to be able to move a window to the top edge of the screen without it snapping into fullscreen mode, how do i turn it off?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-snap/869109bc-2f75-4ae1-a278-dd294f593c94
  9. snap

snap: I don't understand when I read to snap a window automatically fill the page or screen??please I'm not that tech savvy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/snap/2fe10897-8a5e-4cdb-beff-fab06217a9a7
  10. Is it possible to change the ratio of a window?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to change the ratio of a window?: My situation is the following: I have an application that when I run produces a window. The window is too large for my screen (both a laptop and an attached large screen). I have changed the scaling of the large screen and now I can see almost all of the window. On the...