Windows 10: Snap 2 windows with uneven ratios (75% to 25%)

Discus and support Snap 2 windows with uneven ratios (75% to 25%) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Instead of an even split between 2 windows, how do I get my browser to occupy more screen space compared to my 2ⁿᵈ window in 1 hotkey? 183319 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tententwenty, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Snap 2 windows with uneven ratios (75% to 25%)

Instead of an even split between 2 windows, how do I get my browser to occupy more screen space compared to my 2ⁿᵈ window in 1 hotkey?

:)

tententwenty, Aug 2, 2021
  2. andselisk Win User

How to set custom, uneven snap/tiling ratio on Windows 7+?

By default two active windows snapped side by side would fill 50% of screen real estate each:

I would rather prefer to set another ratio deviating from 1:1 as the default one (without having to move the windows border with the mouse every time), for example I'd like to have a wider program window on the left, and a narrower one on the right:

Is it achievable by any means?

andselisk, Aug 2, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Aug 2, 2021
  4. Digijan Win User

Snap 2 windows with uneven ratios (75% to 25%)

Snap Assist to top and bottom in portrait mode

I work in Portrait on my desktop and have found an almost-but-not-quite solution building on Eeshwar's suggestion.

1) Snap a window to one of the corners. For this purpose we'll say you have your notes app and Snap it to bottom-left or bottom-right.

2) Size the snapped window horizontally to fill the screen

3) Snap "top" window to either top corner - the window will match the size of your previously-snapped bottom window and fill the rest of the screen.

This solution has drawbacks:

1) Extra step - you must resize the initial window after snapping

2) No official keyboard shortcuts

Digijan, Aug 2, 2021
Thema:

Snap 2 windows with uneven ratios (75% to 25%)

1. Snap 2 windows with uneven ratios (75% to 25%) - Similar Threads - Snap uneven ratios

2. headset produce uneven volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headset produce uneven volume: I'm using a headphone and mic to record. The problem is that my headphones is too loud in my USB microphone. It keeps changing volume. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-produce-uneven-volume/9d8531e8-b3ee-4193-a695-8925638ec22c
  3. headset produce uneven volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset produce uneven volume: I'm using a headphone and mic to record. The problem is that my headphones is too loud in my USB microphone. It keeps changing volume. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-produce-uneven-volume/9d8531e8-b3ee-4193-a695-8925638ec22c
  4. headset uneven volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headset uneven volume: I'm using a microphone to record, the problem is that my headphones is too loud through my USB microphone. I'm using this one before with no problem but recently it keeps changing the volume and there is no option to adjust....
  5. headset uneven volume

headset uneven volume: I'm using a microphone to record, the problem is that my headphones is too loud through my USB microphone. I'm using this one before with no problem but recently it keeps changing the volume and there is no option to adjust....
  6. headset uneven volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Headset uneven volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset uneven volume: I'm using a microphone for recording , the problem is that the headset is too loud through my USB microphone.I put my USB microphone and headphone and using it casually. But occasionally the volume goes up and really too loud. I cannot adjust the options since there are no...
  8. Headset uneven volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset uneven volume: I'm using a microphone for recording , the problem is that the headset is too loud through my USB microphone.I put my USB microphone and headphone and using it casually. But occasionally the volume goes up and really too loud. I cannot adjust the options since there are no...
  9. Headset uneven volume

10. Issue with window snapping. 2 windows snapped vertically sometimes makes a see through slit...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with window snapping. 2 windows snapped vertically sometimes makes a see through slit...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/needanswerswtfwindow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kidjos/issue_with_window_snapping_2_windows_snapped/