Windows 10: Snap a window into a corner?

Discus and support Snap a window into a corner? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] i wanted to ask if it is possible to snap a window onto a corner instead on the side. i would like it to take at least 1/4 of the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AaronGramajo, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Disable snapping to corners, keep snapping to edges

I find it an inconvenience of snapping windows to corners on a laptop (due to small screens and large windows). I instinctively grab a window and drag it upper right or left and expect it to snap to those sides but gets trapped in the corner. I want to find
    a way to disable the feature that snaps to corners, but keep the sides. Can anyone help me find a solution to this? (Or Microsoft to provide an update to aid this issue)

Key Topics: Ease of Access, Multitasking, Automatic Snap

EricChanZK, Jun 13, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User
    Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10

Try redefining your shortcut keys using Autohotkey (free). Something similar worked for another user- different function.

I'd suggest considering allocating Win key Up/Down to Autohotkey's WinMaximize, WinMinimize com,ands.

Its help is excellent, good user forum.

Example extracts from the help file provided:

Snap a window into a corner? [​IMG]

Snap a window into a corner? [​IMG]

dalchina, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User

Snap a window into a corner?

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Snap a window into a corner?

1. Snap a window into a corner? - Similar Threads - Snap window corner

2. Snap your windows ''snap with a mouse''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap your windows ''snap with a mouse'': Hello there, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/snap-your-windows-885a9b1e-a983-a3b1-16cd-c531795e6241#WindowsVersion=Windows_10Snap with a mouse feature in windows 10 is not working. Does anyone know how to fix it? -multitasking snap in in system settings are...
  3. Snap your windows - ''snap with a mouse''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap your windows - ''snap with a mouse'': Hello there, I am trying to use the feature described here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/snap-your-windows-885a9b1e-a983-a3b1-16cd-c531795e6241#WindowsVersion=Windows_10 To be more precise I am trying to use ''snap with mouse'' on my windows 10 machine, but...
  4. Snap your windows - ''snap with a mouse''

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snap your windows - ''snap with a mouse'': Hello there, I am trying to use the feature described here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/snap-your-windows-885a9b1e-a983-a3b1-16cd-c531795e6241#WindowsVersion=Windows_10 To be more precise I am trying to use ''snap with mouse'' on my windows 10 machine, but...
  5. How can I re-enable Window Corner snapping in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I re-enable Window Corner snapping in Windows 11?: I have a 4K screen on which I normally snap 4 windows in each corner, but since the latest windows update, I can only snap windows to the left, right or center ?! columns on my screen.. Why did this have to get removed folks?...
  6. How can I re-enable Window Corner snapping in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I re-enable Window Corner snapping in Windows 11?: I have a 4K screen on which I normally snap 4 windows in each corner, but since the latest windows update, I can only snap windows to the left, right or center ?! columns on my screen.. Why did this have to get removed folks?...
  7. windows are resized and snap to the upper left corner after monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows are resized and snap to the upper left corner after monitor sleep: when my PC wakes up from from the display turning off the app windows are resized and snap to the upper left corner of the display. I then have to resize them and move them back where I want them. I tried updating the driver but Windows says latest driver is installed....
  8. Maximized windows snapping to the top-left corner when opening a fullscreen application/game?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Maximized windows snapping to the top-left corner when opening a fullscreen application/game?: Not sure what's going on here, but basically, if any game or app uses exclusive mode fullscreen, it'll snap my maximized windows into the top-left corner of the screen once I'm done elsewhere. What's happening, and is there any way I can fix this? Thanks. submitted by...
  9. cannot resize my windows; snap wont allow corner snap

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot resize my windows; snap wont allow corner snap: i think therea a problem with my windows drivers. brand new hp spectre laptop- trying to put 3 windows on the screen at the same time- Snap oonly allows me to do 2. and i also notice that the windows resize button does nothing. I am at a loss where to start brent...
  10. Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable corner snapping keyboard shortcut in Windows 10: Hi, This is a small thing they added in Windows 10, but it's really annoying me. I like to use Win + Down arrow to minimise windows, but if you've already hit Win + Left or Right, Aero snapping to the side, Win + Down will snap the window to the corner instead of minimising....