Windows 10: Snap application windows to specific places.

Discus and support Snap application windows to specific places. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a laptop at work with two external monitors. I like to have apps set in specific places on certain screens. But when I undock my laptop to go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rayholtz, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Snap application windows to specific places.

I have a laptop at work with two external monitors. I like to have apps set in specific places on certain screens. But when I undock my laptop to go to meetings or such, when I get back all apps are on the main screen of my 3 screen setup and I have to reconfigure them all again.

I have not been able to find a setting in Windows 10 that will save the location of windows. Is there any apps that I can install (free or paid) that can remember where I like these windows and at a click, snap them back to that place?

submitted by /u/rayholtz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/rayholtz, Nov 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 Snapping malfunctioning for one specific window

Hello Yeo,

To better assist you with your concern, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • It would be best if you can send us a screenshot of the said issue.

Meanwhile, since you've mentioned that the issue only happens to Steam. You may also consider contacting them to check if this happens to be a bug in their program. Also, here's an
    article about using Snap feature on Windows 10.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Snap application windows to specific places.

Dragging windows to snap app windows does not work

Thank you very much for your response.

• When I try to snap an application window into place from a task view it bounces right back into its original place. There are no messages that accompany this behavior.
      • This happens in both the laptop and tablet modes.
      • However, if I right click onto a window, I am given a choice of: snap left, snap right, move to, show this window on all desktops, show windows from this app on all desktops, and close.
      • In the multitasking setting, I have all the options in SNAP set to “on.”
    • I keep the computer current on all the latest updates ( I check every Tuesday).
    • My computer uses Windows 10, version 1703, OS Build 15063.483
    Thanks again for your help,

Regards,

Bob

Bob in St. Louis, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Snap application windows to specific places.

1. Snap application windows to specific places. - Similar Threads - Snap application specific

2. Mouse not working on a specific place in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not working on a specific place in windows 11: I'm using,Windows 11 Pro Insider PreviewBuild 25140.rs_prerelease.220610-1351Right after the new update, my mouse doesn't click anything in a specific place The place where search bar is inNOTE: This only happens in apps, and the search box...
  3. Mouse not working on a specific place in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not working on a specific place in windows 11: I'm using,Windows 11 Pro Insider PreviewBuild 25140.rs_prerelease.220610-1351Right after the new update, my mouse doesn't click anything in a specific place The place where search bar is inNOTE: This only happens in apps, and the search box...
  4. Snap Window Not Working for specific user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap Window Not Working for specific user: Good day to you. My snap window not working. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-window-not-working-for-specific-user/1a494457-57d4-4ce4-8c2f-9689a3d0fc24
  5. Snapping multiple applications evenly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snapping multiple applications evenly: I know I've seen this feature from the 2004 windows update, but I can't somehow find it. Here's what I mean by that. https://imgur.com/lm3TZVR Those boxes represent opened applications. Thanks ^^ submitted by /u/Eucliwood08 [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows Snap feature not placing the window at the right height

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Snap feature not placing the window at the right height: Searching the web I wasn't able to simplify the wording of this problem well enough to get any results so, I'll go to reddit! I've been having a weird issue that's shown in the attached video. Windows doesn't seem to snap the windows in the right place, but rather when I...
  7. Windows 10 - Multitasking - Snapping Windows / Application Window Consistency

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Multitasking - Snapping Windows / Application Window Consistency: I am writing this because for over the past couple years I have had a gripe with some seemingly nonadjustable aspects to the operating system. One being what the "Snapping Windows" feature does and when opening new application windows. For the "Snapping Windows" feature, I...
  8. Help disabling specific part of window snapping (drag resizing)

in Windows 10 Support
    Help disabling specific part of window snapping (drag resizing): I cannot figure out how to turn off a part of window snapping. The only part of snapping I need is holding down the windows key and using the arrow keys. What drives me nuts is when I'm resizing a window by dragging the edge but I get too close to an edge and windows decides...
  9. Windows 10 Snapping malfunctioning for one specific window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Snapping malfunctioning for one specific window: I've run into an issue where one of my windows, specifically Steam, isn't snapping properly on my second screen to the left; snapping anywhere on the first screen is fine. This all started after I launched Warcraft 3 causing Windows to resize the desktop's resolution to...
  10. Application Specific Windows 10 Suggestions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application Specific Windows 10 Suggestions?: Hi, I have been OK with Windows XP on my old P4 PCs 2GB RAM (standalone No Internet) that I use for basic word processing and Photo Editing (mainly with FastStone Image Viewer FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter), but...