Windows 10: Snap Assist issues in May 2019 build 18362

Discus and support Snap Assist issues in May 2019 build 18362 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Since I've upgraded some Windows 10 computers to May 2019 (1903) build 18362, Snap Assist is no longer functioning. I cannot drag with my mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kouly, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Kouly Win User

Snap Assist issues in May 2019 build 18362

Hi,

Since I've upgraded some Windows 10 computers to May 2019 (1903) build 18362, Snap Assist is no longer functioning. I cannot drag with my mouse to have multiple windows displayed.

I've noticed that some Windows 10 computers on my network that have not been upgraded show "Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen" under Multitasking, and hence these computers have no issues with Snap Assist.

All Windows 10 May 2019 computers DO NOT have this option and Snap windows is set to ON under Multitasking, but yet Snap Assist does not work.

I need this option enabled and available so please assist urgently.

Thanks,

Kouly

Snap Assist issues in May 2019 build 18362 7b70f632-97ff-4dfa-95fd-fcef4c6275e1?upload=true.jpg

:)

Kouly, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Digijan Win User
    Snap Assist to top and bottom in portrait mode

I work in Portrait on my desktop and have found an almost-but-not-quite solution building on Eeshwar's suggestion.

1) Snap a window to one of the corners. For this purpose we'll say you have your notes app and Snap it to bottom-left or bottom-right.

2) Size the snapped window horizontally to fill the screen

3) Snap "top" window to either top corner - the window will match the size of your previously-snapped bottom window and fill the rest of the screen.

This solution has drawbacks:

1) Extra step - you must resize the initial window after snapping

2) No official keyboard shortcuts

Digijan, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Snap Assist issues in May 2019 build 18362

Question Help About Snap assist

Hi Cendrid,

To better assist you, do let us know how exactly you are trying to use the snap features.

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

-To snap a desktop window, left-click the window's title bar

- Hold your mouse down, and then drag it to either the left or right edges of your screen. -Release your mouse button to snap the window there.

- Repeat the same for the other windows.

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Snap Assist issues in May 2019 build 18362

1. Snap Assist issues in May 2019 build 18362 - Similar Threads - Snap Assist issues

2. Windows 10 multitasking/snap assist no longer working after May 2019 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 multitasking/snap assist no longer working after May 2019 update: As far as I can tell, the following topic was not resolved: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-multitaskingsnap-assist-no-longer/b5b5e68c-141a-4e4c-9bc9-34fccb5778e8 Any updates? If not, I specifically can't do the following using snap:...
  3. Windows 10 multitasking/snap assist no longer working after May 2019 update

Windows 10 multitasking/snap assist no longer working after May 2019 update: What it says in the title, basically. I use snap assist every day, in both professional and casual settings, to work with multiple windows at once and resize them to the proportions I need, but after the forced update to the May 2019 version (build 18362) most of the snap...
  4. Windows 10 May 2019 Update Build 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update Build 1903: Hello, Anyone else have downloaded and installed the May 2019 update? Did you experience the same issue I encountered last night? I'm not sure if it's an update issue or computer issue. I was on 1803 and I updated it to 1903. Installation and application of update took time...
  5. Notification assistant Windows 10 may update 2019

Notification assistant Windows 10 may update 2019: Hello everyone, I installed the May 2019 update for Windows 10. For the notifications assistant, I enabled the option "When using an app in full screen" in the settings. However I have noticed that, in this case, the assistant is also activated when I simply visualize the...
  6. [Windows 10 May 2019 Update-19H1 18362]Display abnormality during installation of graphics...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [Windows 10 May 2019 Update-19H1 18362]Display abnormality during installation of graphics...: Description: After entering the system, uninstall the graphics card driver, and then re-install the graphics card driver, the desktop background will change during the installation process. At present, this problem is submitted to Microsoft by AMD(BUG ID is 174783), and...
  7. Small issue in latest build 18362....

in Windows 10 Support
    Small issue in latest build 18362....: Got a strange issue! I have a Lenovo T530 laptop....and I was able to install 18362....after several failing tries of the update site, but eventually had to install via the ISO on a USB. EVERYTHING is working.....so I am very pleased. I do have one small issue. When I close...
  8. Snap Assist error

Snap Assist error: I've had this this problem for months. Using Snap assist to put a window onto the right third requires me to place it in specific places outside of the box, and even then, the window will occupy (just shy of) half of the screen instead of the intended third, as shown in the...
  9. Snap Assist In Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Snap Assist In Windows 10: [ATTACH] Snap Assist is a feature in Windows 10, that is not noticed by many. Though this feature is enabled by default in every Windows 10 PC, only a very few users are using it. In this post, we will learn [...] This post How to use Snap Assist In Windows 10 is from...
  10. Snap / Snap Assist isues

in Windows 10 Support
    Snap / Snap Assist isues: I am not at all sure Snap & Snap Assist are working as they should. I find it rather confusing to sort out what to expect, having read some articles about it (here and elswhere.) The most obvious sign is that there is no transparent overlay. I have never seen this...