Windows 10: Snap Assist not working correctly

Discus and support Snap Assist not working correctly in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I use Snap Assist I always get *this*, I've tried shutting down Dell PremierColor using Task Manager and turn the Snap Assist feature off and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Argentarus, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Snap Assist not working correctly

Whenever I use Snap Assist I always get *this*, I've tried shutting down Dell PremierColor using Task Manager and turn the Snap Assist feature off and on. If I want to set it halfway, I have to set my cursor at very specific spots for it to work.

Snap Assist not working correctly 4e73a316-1f04-4db9-a982-5df708398c77?upload=true.png

:)

Argentarus, Sep 10, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Snap Assist no longer working (W10)

Isn't this overkill for a simple setting change?

I got this from a site (credited just after the paste.)

Start menu to settings.

Under system select: Multitasking.

Select snap options

Under snap

Arrange windows: on

When I snap more than one : on

When I snap a windows, show what I can snap next to it: On

Sorry for the short answer, My eyesight makes that necessary.

Credit and a much better written answer on: How To Turn On/Off Snap in Windows 10

Randommantus (Greg for short), Sep 10, 2018
  4. Snap Assist not working correctly

Windows 10 Snap Assist/ Multitasking Not Working

Snap assist was already 'on' by default on my touch-enabled laptop but still not working correctly.

Windows+arrow key combination does not work.

I can snap right or left by dragging title bar with mouse but can't drag top or bottom (which Win 10 is supposed to let you do). Snapping also doesn't work using touch and drag. Some apps won't snap at all (eg HealthVault).

Alfie_J_UK, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Snap Assist not working correctly

1. Snap Assist not working correctly - Similar Threads - Snap Assist working

2. Snap Assist and Fancy Zones not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap Assist and Fancy Zones not working: The Snap Assist feature built into Windows doesn't work as advertised when sizing a window down from 1/2 to 1/4.I downloaded PowerToys from the Microsoft Store and tried to implement Fancy Zones. I turned off Snap Assist, but to no avail. Zones appear on the screen, but...
  3. Snap Assist and Fancy Zones not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snap Assist and Fancy Zones not working: The Snap Assist feature built into Windows doesn't work as advertised when sizing a window down from 1/2 to 1/4.I downloaded PowerToys from the Microsoft Store and tried to implement Fancy Zones. I turned off Snap Assist, but to no avail. Zones appear on the screen, but...
  4. Snap windows not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap windows not working correctly: When I use a full screen application that can have multiple tabs, moving one of the tabs to the side of the screen to "snap to edge" will instead turn the tab full screen. However, this does not happen if the main window I was originally using was not in full screen. I have...
  5. Snap windows not working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snap windows not working correctly: When I use a full screen application that can have multiple tabs, moving one of the tabs to the side of the screen to "snap to edge" will instead turn the tab full screen. However, this does not happen if the main window I was originally using was not in full screen. I have...
  6. Snap Assist / Multitasking Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap Assist / Multitasking Not Working: This is happening for all of my browsers . How can I fix this bug for the snap assist feature. This has been happening since I bought the laptop back in February ....
  7. Snap Feature not working correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snap Feature not working correctly: Hey all, I recently upgraded to windows 10 (bought a new lenovo thinkpad) from windows 7and I'm learning all about the new features. One feature I haven't gotten to 100% work properly is the "snap" feature. I can drag a window to a side of the screen fine, and then the "snap...
  8. Snap Assist error

Snap Assist error: I've had this this problem for months. Using Snap assist to put a window onto the right third requires me to place it in specific places outside of the box, and even then, the window will occupy (just shy of) half of the screen instead of the intended third, as shown in the...
  9. Snap Assist not working correctly

Snap Assist not working correctly: Whenever I use Snap Assist I always get *this*, I've tried shutting down Dell PremierColor using Task Manager and turn the Snap Assist feature off and on. If I want to set it halfway, I have to set my cursor at very specific spots for it to work. [ATTACH] Moved from:...
  10. Snap / Snap Assist isues

in Windows 10 Support
    Snap / Snap Assist isues: I am not at all sure Snap & Snap Assist are working as they should. I find it rather confusing to sort out what to expect, having read some articles about it (here and elswhere.) The most obvious sign is that there is no transparent overlay. I have never seen this...