Windows 10: Snap assist will not turn off after latest update

Discus and support Snap assist will not turn off after latest update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have always had snap assist turned off. With the latest update snap assist was turned on by default. I have tried turning it off in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GaryLloyd-Coxhead, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Snap assist will not turn off after latest update

I have always had snap assist turned off. With the latest update snap assist was turned on by default.

I have tried turning it off in the 'Multitasking' area of settings but despite everything being turned off every time I try to re-position a window, a large yellow box appears at the slightest movement of the mouse, and on releasing the mouse button the window snaps to full screen. I now cannot resize or reposition any affected windows without this happening. Selecting the 'full screen/restore' icon merely puts the window back to the side of the main screen.

Several applications are unaffected by this issue e.g. the Chrome Browser, VLC, control panel window, skype, voiceattack, windows explorer & libre office. Whereas Discord, Thunderbird, and Plan G are three that are affected along with others.

Is there a solution to this or a fix coming in a future update of windows please?

:)

GaryLloyd-Coxhead, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Question Help About Snap assist

Hi Cendrid,

To better assist you, do let us know how exactly you are trying to use the snap features.

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

-To snap a desktop window, left-click the window's title bar

- Hold your mouse down, and then drag it to either the left or right edges of your screen. -Release your mouse button to snap the window there.

- Repeat the same for the other windows.

Let us know the result, we will be glad to help if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Snap assist will not turn off after latest update

Snap Assist no longer working (W10)

Isn't this overkill for a simple setting change?

I got this from a site (credited just after the paste.)

Start menu to settings.

Under system select: Multitasking.

Select snap options

Under snap

Arrange windows: on

When I snap more than one : on

When I snap a windows, show what I can snap next to it: On

Sorry for the short answer, My eyesight makes that necessary.

Credit and a much better written answer on: How To Turn On/Off Snap in Windows 10

Randommantus (Greg for short), Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Snap assist will not turn off after latest update

1. Snap assist will not turn off after latest update - Similar Threads - Snap assist turn

2. How to turn off SNAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off SNAP: I was trying to use Snap or Snip and Sketch. Now when I open a screen the right side is off the edge of my small monitor and I can't read the border, or close, or access the new right side tab. Please tell me how to undo this application that I think allows me to use multiple...
  3. How to turn off SNAP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off SNAP: I was trying to use Snap or Snip and Sketch. Now when I open a screen the right side is off the edge of my small monitor and I can't read the border, or close, or access the new right side tab. Please tell me how to undo this application that I think allows me to use multiple...
  4. snap windows cannot turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snap windows cannot turn off: each time i take a doc t the top of my windows desktop , i get a blue column and the docs horizontal with is reduced in size. I have turned of multitasking > snap windows but to no avail.Any sugestions on how to get rid of this annoyance?...
  5. snap windows cannot turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snap windows cannot turn off: each time i take a doc t the top of my windows desktop , i get a blue column and the docs horizontal with is reduced in size. I have turned of multitasking > snap windows but to no avail.Any sugestions on how to get rid of this annoyance?...
  6. Focus Assist Not Turning Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Focus Assist Not Turning Off: Hi in settings there is a Focus Assist setting. It's currently set on "Only Alarms" but now I have been trying to click the button that says "Off" but it never responds. You might say that maybe it's because settings doesn't respond for me but NO it's responding with every...
  7. Screen not turning off after latest update

Screen not turning off after latest update: Hello, 2 days ago Windows rolled a big update on my pc, after this update my screens wont turn off after a few minutes inactivity. I have checked the energy management setting, and have it setup so that the screens turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity. while testing...
  8. Turn off Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn off Focus Assist: I'm confused but that is normal.....lol I am easily confused. I just go the update notice for the May 2019 update in August?? Does the tutorial that Brink made create a bootable USB drive with the latest version of windows 10 1903?? To make things more confusing when I did...
  9. Snap Assist error

Snap Assist error: I've had this this problem for months. Using Snap assist to put a window onto the right third requires me to place it in specific places outside of the box, and even then, the window will occupy (just shy of) half of the screen instead of the intended third, as shown in the...
  10. Snap / Snap Assist isues

in Windows 10 Support
    Snap / Snap Assist isues: I am not at all sure Snap & Snap Assist are working as they should. I find it rather confusing to sort out what to expect, having read some articles about it (here and elswhere.) The most obvious sign is that there is no transparent overlay. I have never seen this...