Windows 10: Snap dragging doesn't work any more

Discus and support Snap dragging doesn't work any more in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi folks. I can winkey-left, choose window to show on the right and get a perfect split screen. Now, I used to be able to drag in the center get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ObiWanBonomi, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Snap dragging doesn't work any more

Hi folks. I can winkey-left, choose window to show on the right and get a perfect split screen. Now, I used to be able to drag in the center get a thicker dragbar in the middle and auto-resize both windows simultaneously. Now, though, it just resizes one of the windows and the other remains in place. Where's the setting to fix this?

:)

ObiWanBonomi, Sep 20, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Snap dragging doesn't work any more [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 20, 2021
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Sep 20, 2021
  4. Snap dragging doesn't work any more

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

Snap dragging doesn't work any more

1. Snap dragging doesn't work any more - Similar Threads - Snap dragging doesn't

2. Snapping windows doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snapping windows doesn't work properly: I'm trying the snapping feature in multi-tasking. When I drag a window to the edge of the screen, it should fill exactly half of the screen, but sometimes it is a little bit larger than expected. Here "sometimes" means it doesn't happen every time. It happens on many...
  3. Snapping windows doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snapping windows doesn't work properly: I'm trying the snapping feature in multi-tasking. When I drag a window to the edge of the screen, it should fill exactly half of the screen, but sometimes it is a little bit larger than expected. Here "sometimes" means it doesn't happen every time. It happens on many...
  4. Snapping windows doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Drag and Drop of files onto program icons on desktop not working any more.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drag and Drop of files onto program icons on desktop not working any more.: Since a while I have a most annoying "effect" or rather bug on one of my Windows 10 systems:When I drag and drop a file onto a program's icon on the Windows desktop, then the file is not opened but only moved.i.e. if I - say - drag a text-file picked from the desktop or any...
  6. Your phone app doesn't work any more

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your phone app doesn't work any more: When I first installed this app, it was great. It showed the home screen of my phone, and I could make and receive calls, send and receive messages, and see notifications from my phone. Now it no longer works. When I opened it today, it showed a log of my phone calls...
  7. PC Pin doesn't work any more

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC Pin doesn't work any more: Just turned my PC on and it didn't recognise the PIN I've used for years. Can't reset it. Can't access anything. Tips? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-pin-doesnt-work-any-more/6f071645-97fb-4076-b461-65e5164db8d5
  8. Disabling Mouse drag snap but keeping Keyboard shortcuts snap

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling Mouse drag snap but keeping Keyboard shortcuts snap: I have been trying to find a solution to this but have come up with nothing. I am having trouble with resizing windows with the mouse, where it automatically either maximises or snaps to one side when it is not my intention. I want to disable this, but the two options I...
  9. Dragging issue and malfunctioning snap windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dragging issue and malfunctioning snap windows: Hi, Recently, dragging on Windows 10 is becoming difficult and it gets worse. This includes drag & drop, adjusting the window size on any app or folder, moving the scroll bar, etc. It's not completely disabled but I need to try several times to make it work. At the same...
  10. Device Backups doesn't work any more

in Windows 10 Support
    Device Backups doesn't work any more: Hello! I noticed that the option of 'Backed up device settings' doesn't work anymore, since I had windows 8.1. and even after upgrading to Windows 10, it's all the same. any help would be appreciated 67207