Windows 10: SNAP Feature

Discus and support SNAP Feature in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How does one go about utilizing this Window Feature?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SAC IA, Nov 10, 2021.

1. SAC IA Win User

SNAP Feature

How does one go about utilizing this Window Feature?

:)

SAC IA, Nov 10, 2021

2. We need a better Snap feature!

Snapping windows in win8 was amazing, having a list view on the rightside of the screen was really handy, it let you slide in an app next to your already open application. In windows ten this feature no longer exists. I now need to swipe right tap my app,
    shrink it down then find my app to put side by side... extra steps are annoying.

Now that apple came out with a similar feature on their ipad, theirs actually works better than windows 10! Please make this feature more intuitive bring back the old snapping from windows 8!

Also add a thin bar between windows that i have snapped when in desktop mode so that i can easily resize them.

ConstantinMitides, Nov 10, 2021
  3. How to turn the Snap feature Off in Windows 10?

Hi William,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will help you in resolving your issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few question regarding the query:

• Do you mean Snap feature in Windows?
    • Are you facing any issues regarding the feature?

To turn off the Snap feature in Windows, follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Click on System and select Multitasking option from the left side panel of the window.
    • Under Snap, slide the Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen to
      Off status.
    • Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions to assist you further on this query. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 10, 2021
  4. SNAP Feature

WINDOWS 10 SNAP FEATURE!!NOTHING MUCH IS CHANGED

Hi,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the snap feature on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

This issue might be due to the resolution of the screen. You may follow the steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the below post replied by Sayan Ghosh, check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Accessibility feature of Windows Snap in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 10, 2021
Thema:

SNAP Feature

1. SNAP Feature - Similar Threads - SNAP Feature

2. Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10?: Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-the-mouse-snap-feature-work-anymore-in/5a7322ae-637f-44ce-92f0-18056ee14bae
  3. Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10?: Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-the-mouse-snap-feature-work-anymore-in/5a7322ae-637f-44ce-92f0-18056ee14bae
  4. Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Snap layout feature stuck on desktop also can't turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap layout feature stuck on desktop also can't turn off: Hello, I wanted to figure out how to completely disable the window snap layout feature on the desktop that's prompted when you grab the corners of a window. I've went into multitasking --> snap windows and confirmed it's off after reboot but the prompt still persists....
  6. Snap layout feature stuck on desktop also can't turn off

Snap layout feature stuck on desktop also can't turn off: Hello, I wanted to figure out how to completely disable the window snap layout feature on the desktop that's prompted when you grab the corners of a window. I've went into multitasking --> snap windows and confirmed it's off after reboot but the prompt still persists....
  7. Turning of Snap Window Feature in Windows 10 does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning of Snap Window Feature in Windows 10 does not work: Turning off the snap window feature does not work and is incredibly frustrating as I'm constantly resizing my windows and then having to very slowly and carefully resize them again because they snapped into a totally pointless size and not how and where I want them. I've...
  8. Turning of Snap Window Feature in Windows 10 does not work

Turning of Snap Window Feature in Windows 10 does not work: Turning off the snap window feature does not work and is incredibly frustrating as I'm constantly resizing my windows and then having to very slowly and carefully resize them again because they snapped into a totally pointless size and not how and where I want them. I've...
  9. Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features

Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features: I have been confused about why my windows constantly disappear, but I discovered that the feature is called Aero Shake. I wanted to disable the feature because it hinders me a lot, but unfortunately I cannot find the right setting. I searched online, and apparently there...
  10. Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot disable Aero Shake without disabling all window snap features: I have been confused about why my windows constantly disappear, but I discovered that the feature is called Aero Shake. I wanted to disable the feature because it hinders me a lot, but unfortunately I cannot find the right setting. I searched online, and apparently there...