Windows 10: Snap layout

Discus and support Snap layout in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi - Is it possible to customize the snap layout? E.g., there is a four squares layout, I'd like to have 9 squares. Thanks!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ARIXCHRISTO, May 14, 2022.

1. Snap layout

Hi - Is it possible to customize the snap layout? E.g., there is a four squares layout, I'd like to have 9 squares. Thanks!

:)

ARIXCHRISTO, May 14, 2022
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, May 14, 2022
  3. Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, May 14, 2022
  4. RQT
    rqt Win User

Snap layout

Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

Thema:

Snap layout

1. Snap layout - Similar Threads - Snap layout

2. Snap layout on hover don't show custom layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap layout on hover don't show custom layouts: I've added three custom Snap Layouts through Powertoys FancyZones and assigned shortcuts to them 7, 8 & 9 but the custom layouts don't show up, nor does the short cuts work.Shortcuts for the "built in" ones work fine.How can I get the "popup" to show my custom layouts, as it...
  3. Snap layout on hover don't show custom layouts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snap layout on hover don't show custom layouts: I've added three custom Snap Layouts through Powertoys FancyZones and assigned shortcuts to them 7, 8 & 9 but the custom layouts don't show up, nor does the short cuts work.Shortcuts for the "built in" ones work fine.How can I get the "popup" to show my custom layouts, as it...
  4. Windows-CTRL-Left and -Right moves random? window into snap layout position

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows-CTRL-Left and -Right moves random? window into snap layout position: This is new behavior. The key combo changes desktop as usual, but now also repositions a window on the destination desktop. It seems to pick half-screen left and right positions, as if Windows-ALT-Left/Right were pressed. I have mapped those key combos to mouse buttons...
  5. Windows-CTRL-Left and -Right moves random? window into snap layout position

Windows-CTRL-Left and -Right moves random? window into snap layout position: This is new behavior. The key combo changes desktop as usual, but now also repositions a window on the destination desktop. It seems to pick half-screen left and right positions, as if Windows-ALT-Left/Right were pressed. I have mapped those key combos to mouse buttons...
  6. Snap Layout Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap Layout Issue: I recently noticed the snap layout feature on Windows 11, which gives us a variety of options to choose from differs from that I have. Could anyone tell why is it so ? I am attaching screenshots below to show the difference more clearly.This is the one I saw on Online.and,...
  7. Snap Layout Issue

Snap Layout Issue: I recently noticed the snap layout feature on Windows 11, which gives us a variety of options to choose from differs from that I have. Could anyone tell why is it so ? I am attaching screenshots below to show the difference more clearly.This is the one I saw on Online.and,...
  8. Snap layout on hover is not appearing

Snap layout on hover is not appearing: I am having this exact issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-maximise-hover-button-not-working/e51cb112-7060-4ae7-bc83-d517a619084eThe snap layout option box doe snot appear when I hover over the maximize or minimize.I tired:- PC and explorer...
  9. Snap layout on hover is not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap layout on hover is not appearing: I am having this exact issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-maximise-hover-button-not-working/e51cb112-7060-4ae7-bc83-d517a619084eThe snap layout option box doe snot appear when I hover over the maximize or minimize.I tired:- PC and explorer...
  10. Snap layout feature stuck on desktop also can't turn off

Snap layout feature stuck on desktop also can't turn off: Hello, I wanted to figure out how to completely disable the window snap layout feature on the desktop that's prompted when you grab the corners of a window. I've went into multitasking --> snap windows and confirmed it's off after reboot but the prompt still persists....