Windows 10: Snap not functioning correctly anymore

Discus and support Snap not functioning correctly anymore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I snap a window drag it to the outer edge on screen, it is not showing/giving me the option to choose what I can snap next to it. This just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ail0il0, Jul 31, 2020.

1. ail0il0 Win User

Snap not functioning correctly anymore

When I snap a window drag it to the outer edge on screen, it is not showing/giving me the option to choose what I can snap next to it. This just started a few weeks ago and I haven't changed my "multitasking' settings at all snap windows is on and all options are checked. I have already tried resetting/restarting Windows Explorer via task manager.

:)

ail0il0, Jul 31, 2020

2. Auto word suggestion and swype dont function anymore

Please help guys! I updated my phone to "windows phone 8.1 new". I was happy with all the new features. The word suggestions and swype worked perfectly fine for a week but now the auto word suggestion and swype does not work anymore. Please help how can
    I measure steps for these functionalities to work again!

UtkarshSinghal92, Jul 31, 2020
  3. zycsss Win User
    snap assist function disables upon restart

Hello Community.

First time posting a question on this forum/site.

Windows 10, 64 bit.

Under multitasking - snap - everything is turned on

Issue:

I noticed (today as of this post) the snap assist function does not work properly after I restart my computer. From a cold power on, everything works fine, I can snap with any program or window and there will be predicted "what I want to snap next to it".

If I want to restart my computer and I do. Snap assist malfunctions, I can still snap windows/programs but "what I want to snap next to it" does not work work anymore or does not predict. It becomes more perplexing because at this stage, snapping with file
    system
    will engage "what I want to snap next to it" or it will predict what other windows/programs I have open or want to "quick" snap.

So what is causing the issue to manifest, when I restart the computer and only
    file system produces the predict "what I want to snap next to it" to work?

If I want the snap function to return to normal I need to turn off computer and power on from cold.

Separate issue (possibly) latest chrome version 50.x.x.x.x. When minimized and selected on with predicted "what I want to snap next to it" chrome goes to black screen.

zycsss, Jul 31, 2020
  4. BobWards Win User

Windows 10 Snap Assist Stopped Working

More specifically, the "snap together" part quit working for most all applications. This functionality has worked since I upgraded to windows 10 but randomly stopped working after a restart today. Interestingly, two file explorer windows work correctly--
    snapping together and re-sizing respectively.... but everything else will not. I've run both sfc and dism (getting those to run properly was another fiasco, but ended up successful) which were suggested in other posts but this snap functionality still does
    not work.

BobWards, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Snap not functioning correctly anymore - Similar Threads - Snap functioning correctly

2. Snap windows not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap windows not working correctly: When I use a full screen application that can have multiple tabs, moving one of the tabs to the side of the screen to "snap to edge" will instead turn the tab full screen. However, this does not happen if the main window I was originally using was not in full screen. I have...
  3. Snap windows not working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snap windows not working correctly: When I use a full screen application that can have multiple tabs, moving one of the tabs to the side of the screen to "snap to edge" will instead turn the tab full screen. However, this does not happen if the main window I was originally using was not in full screen. I have...
  4. Touchpad not functioning correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchpad not functioning correctly: I have a 4 year old HP Pavilion 15 laptop. The hard drive was playing up so I have installed an SSD in it's place. Rather than clone the old HDD to the new drive, I did a clean install of Windows 10 intending to migrate data and settings across later. I have also updated the...
  5. Touchpad not functioning correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad not functioning correctly: I have a 4 year old HP Pavilion 15 laptop. The hard drive was playing up so I have installed an SSD in it's place. Rather than clone the old HDD to the new drive, I did a clean install of Windows 10 intending to migrate data and settings across later. I have also updated the...
  6. Taskbar not functioning correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar not functioning correctly.: Hey, I have an issue where the taskbar is constantly on top of every window, I am also unable to right-click anything on it no option pop up , calendar and notifications also won't open. I have gone thru the options, nothings specifically locked... Please help....
  7. Snap Feature not working correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snap Feature not working correctly: Hey all, I recently upgraded to windows 10 (bought a new lenovo thinkpad) from windows 7and I'm learning all about the new features. One feature I haven't gotten to 100% work properly is the "snap" feature. I can drag a window to a side of the screen fine, and then the "snap...
  8. Windows 10 Snap functionality

Windows 10 Snap functionality: I have multiple monitors and a few months back there must have been an update and now dragging windows between the screens has become a hassle. The grab function from the sides of the screens is too strong. I end up having to move the window half way between the screens and...
  9. Snap Assist not working correctly

Snap Assist not working correctly: Whenever I use Snap Assist I always get *this*, I've tried shutting down Dell PremierColor using Task Manager and turn the Snap Assist feature off and on. If I want to set it halfway, I have to set my cursor at very specific spots for it to work. [ATTACH] Moved from:...
  10. Snap Assist not working correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snap Assist not working correctly: Whenever I use Snap Assist I always get *this*, I've tried shutting down Dell PremierColor using Task Manager and turn the Snap Assist feature off and on. If I want to set it halfway, I have to set my cursor at very specific spots for it to work. [ATTACH]...