Windows 10: Snap Pointer to default button in dialog box not working

Discus and support Snap Pointer to default button in dialog box not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Gang: I Believe since the last update my cursor does not automatically go to the default button in a dialog box. It may not have anything to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FredMcKie, Nov 23, 2018.

1. FredMcKie Win User

Snap Pointer to default button in dialog box not working

Hi Gang:

I Believe since the last update my cursor does not automatically go to the default button in a dialog box. It may not have anything to do with an update. I have checked and unchecked the box in settings for this but still not working. Is it just me?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

:)

FredMcKie, Nov 23, 2018

2. Mouse pointer teleportation to the default dialog button

To have the mouse snap to the default button in a dialog is still possible in Windows 10.

Click on ❖ Start → Type in: Mouse Properties → Click the Mouse & touchpad settings listing.

From the Settings window that appears:
    Click on the Additional mouse options link → Click on the Pointer Options tab → Tick the Snap To option Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box.

dark_st3alth, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Mikey Win User
    Mouse pointer teleportation to the default dialog button

I upgraded to an MX master and while the new Options software is good, it is missing a few features from SetPoint. The one I need is the ability to "teleport" the mouse pointer to the default button of a dialog window.

Does anyone know how I can achieve this on windows 10. Maybe some 3rd party utility?

Setpoint won't recognize the MX master.

Mikey, Nov 23, 2018
  4. David Haz Win User

Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working

Hello,

If the Open and Save As dialog boxes are not appearing, there might be a process or service that is conflicting with that function of Windows. We recommend that you perform a clean boot of Windows. This would aid eliminate software conflicts that occur when
    using Windows.

Note: Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when performing a clean boot. If you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original issue.

Here's how to perform a clean boot environment in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type msconfig, and select
      System Configuration from the search results.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration
      dialog box, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, then select
      Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration
      dialog box, click Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration
      dialog box, click OK, and then restart your computer.

After performing a clean boot environment of Windows, see if the Open
    and Save As dialog boxes work as they should be. If it works, then you may follow the steps below on how to determine what is causing the problem while in a clean boot environment:

• Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    • From Start. search for msconfig, then select
      msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    • Click the Services tab, and then click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services
      check box.
    • Click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    • Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
      • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through
        , but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service
        list that you originally selected.
      • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through
        , and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
        Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
      • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the
        Service
        list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step
        10. If no service causes the problem, go to step 7.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2 in this section.
    • Click the Startup tab, then click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the
      Startup Item list.
    • Click OK, and then click Restart.
      • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 7 and 8, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the
        Startup Item list that you originally selected.
      • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 7 and 8, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
        Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
      • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item
        is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected
        Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step
      • If no Startup Item causes the problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps
        1 through 6 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services
        check box in each step.
    • After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the
      System Configuration utility, and then click to clear the check box for the problem item.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

If you think this was useful, feel free to mark it as an answer to help those who are facing the same problem.

David Haz, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Snap Pointer to default button in dialog box not working - Similar Threads - Snap Pointer default

2. Snap to default button in dialog box not working in Word or Excel. Works in Access. I have...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap to default button in dialog box not working in Word or Excel. Works in Access. I have...: Snap to default button in dialog box not working in Word or Excel. It does work in Access. I have Windows 10. Please help. I see this question has been asked several times over the last few years. Is this something that is unable to be fixed?...
  3. Snap to default button in dialog box not working in Word or Excel. Works in Access. I have...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snap to default button in dialog box not working in Word or Excel. Works in Access. I have...: Snap to default button in dialog box not working in Word or Excel. It does work in Access. I have Windows 10. Please help. I see this question has been asked several times over the last few years. Is this something that is unable to be fixed?...
  4. Snap to default button in dialog box not working in Word or Excel. Works in Access. I have...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 Snap To Default Button Not Working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Snap To Default Button Not Working.: Hi,The snap to the default button for the mouse on Windows 11 is sort of working... It works fine on other apps but within actual Windows 11, it does not work at all. It is switched on. Any news when this will be fixed? How to Turn On or Off Snap Pointer To Default Button in...
  6. Windows 11 Snap To Default Button Not Working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Snap To Default Button Not Working.: Hi,The snap to the default button for the mouse on Windows 11 is sort of working... It works fine on other apps but within actual Windows 11, it does not work at all. It is switched on. Any news when this will be fixed? How to Turn On or Off Snap Pointer To Default Button in...
  7. Snap Pointer to default button in dialog box not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Snap Pointer to default button in dialog box not working: In recent months, maybe since the last update my cursor does not automatically go to the default button in a dialog box. It may not have anything to do with an update. I have checked and unchecked the box in settings for this but still not working. Is it just me? Any help...
  8. Mouse Snap To Dialog Box Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Snap To Dialog Box Stopped Working: A couple of weeks ago the Snap To Dialog Box mouse function stopped working on my machine (Win 10 Enterprise Build 10240). I have tried turning the setting on and off, I've checked the registry setting, looked for driver updates, ran the troubleshooter, and looked for...
  9. No "yes" button in UAC dialog box

in Windows 10 Customization
    No "yes" button in UAC dialog box: Why does user acct. dialog box not have a "yes" choice any more? I've not mad any changes to my computer other than regular updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-yes-button-in-uac-dialog-box/ef7fd81b-23cb-4d6b-94da-bebe1a79e54c
  10. Turn On or Off Snap Pointer To Default Button in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Snap Pointer To Default Button in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Snap Pointer To Default Button in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Snap Pointer To Default Button in Windows 10 The Snap To pointer option in Windows will automatically move the pointer to the default button in a dialog box when one opens to make...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make the cursor in windows 10 snap to default dialog box automatically

2. pointer to default button does not work on win 10