Windows 10: Snap / Snap Assist isues

Discus and support Snap / Snap Assist isues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am not at all sure Snap & Snap Assist are working as they should. I find it rather confusing to sort out what to expect, having read some articles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by clayto, Mar 4, 2016.

1. clayto Win User

Snap / Snap Assist isues

I am not at all sure Snap & Snap Assist are working as they should. I find it rather confusing to sort out what to expect, having read some articles about it (here and elswhere.)

The most obvious sign is that there is no transparent overlay. I have never seen this phenomenon even when trying to activate it deliberately. Next, am I right in thinking Snap should mean that adjacent Windows are precisely 'butted' against one another? Sometimes I get this, at other times they overlap. The 'thumbnail list apears sometimes, not always and when I open a fresh Window from a thumbnail it does not Snap into place, often it overlaps and I have to adjust it manually. When I move a Window to left, right or a corner nothing happens, it just keeps on moving until it goes off the screen.

I use a combination of mouse and the Windows arrow keys. The arrow key method often Snaps when the mouse does not.

I have all the Snap options set to 'on' in Settings.

I anticipated I might have some problems with Snap as my maximum display is1280 X 80, ie. les than the recomended resolution, but I have no difficulty displaying multiple Windows (4).

:)

clayto, Mar 4, 2016

2. snap assistance

not able to size my windows...wanted to resize for my work and it wont do it. I only can use 2 screens. please help asap

monniqueward, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Cory121 Win User
    Snap Assist

Going kinda crazy. How do i set up my settings so that i NEVER GET A QUARTER SCREEN SNAP when i drag a window to the left or right. I never use quarter size screens and this is really messing up my work flow. I want half screen snap ONLY, ALWAYS. Windows
    7 did it by default, the fancy new settings in Win 10 dont seem to have a way to adjust this. Please help me.

C

Cory121, Mar 4, 2016
Thema:

Snap / Snap Assist isues

1. Snap / Snap Assist isues - Similar Threads - Snap Snap Assist

2. mouse cursor jump and snap assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse cursor jump and snap assist: hii, i dont know if anyone would see this and help me out, but i am here to try after a long day trying to find a solution, and i just clean install windows and the problem persist.Problem:I have two monitors, same models same everything, today i dont know what i mess up that...
  3. Snap Assist and Fancy Zones not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap Assist and Fancy Zones not working: The Snap Assist feature built into Windows doesn't work as advertised when sizing a window down from 1/2 to 1/4.I downloaded PowerToys from the Microsoft Store and tried to implement Fancy Zones. I turned off Snap Assist, but to no avail. Zones appear on the screen, but...
  4. Snap Assist and Fancy Zones not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snap Assist and Fancy Zones not working: The Snap Assist feature built into Windows doesn't work as advertised when sizing a window down from 1/2 to 1/4.I downloaded PowerToys from the Microsoft Store and tried to implement Fancy Zones. I turned off Snap Assist, but to no avail. Zones appear on the screen, but...
  5. Snap Assist / Multitasking Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap Assist / Multitasking Not Working: This is happening for all of my browsers . How can I fix this bug for the snap assist feature. This has been happening since I bought the laptop back in February ....
  6. Change Snap Assist threshold

Change Snap Assist threshold: I have to basically be going the speed of light to break through the snap assist and move a window to my second monitor and there doesn't appear to be an option to fix this from what I have seen so is there any method tofix it. given I don't see the option in the multitasking...
  7. Snap Assist error

Snap Assist error: I've had this this problem for months. Using Snap assist to put a window onto the right third requires me to place it in specific places outside of the box, and even then, the window will occupy (just shy of) half of the screen instead of the intended third, as shown in the...
  8. Snap Assist not working correctly

Snap Assist not working correctly: Whenever I use Snap Assist I always get *this*, I've tried shutting down Dell PremierColor using Task Manager and turn the Snap Assist feature off and on. If I want to set it halfway, I have to set my cursor at very specific spots for it to work. [ATTACH] Moved from:...
  9. Snap Assist not working correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snap Assist not working correctly: Whenever I use Snap Assist I always get *this*, I've tried shutting down Dell PremierColor using Task Manager and turn the Snap Assist feature off and on. If I want to set it halfway, I have to set my cursor at very specific spots for it to work. [ATTACH]...
  10. Snap Assist In Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Snap Assist In Windows 10: [ATTACH] Snap Assist is a feature in Windows 10, that is not noticed by many. Though this feature is enabled by default in every Windows 10 PC, only a very few users are using it. In this post, we will learn [...] This post How to use Snap Assist In Windows 10 is from...