Windows 10: "Snap to" with multiple monitors

Discus and support "Snap to" with multiple monitors in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi I am loving Windows 11 great job. I am a graphic designer and use a multiple monitor setup. How "snap to" works is great, but I use a laptop and an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JeffClarkXG, Sep 25, 2022.

1. "Snap to" with multiple monitors

Hi I am loving Windows 11 great job. I am a graphic designer and use a multiple monitor setup. How "snap to" works is great, but I use a laptop and an external monitor to extend the screen, it would be nice if I try to snap an open window there are no options to snap it to my external monitor. What I have to do now is first drag the window all the way off the laptop monitor and onto the external then snap. If I could just snap it on the first screen and have the option of sending it snapped to a particular position on the second would be incredible.Thanks for listening

:)

JeffClarkXG, Sep 25, 2022

2. Cursor snapping to display edges, btween two monitors

Hi Vincekiss I would suggest you to try configuring multiple monitors and check if the issue is fixed.

Refer to the following Microsoft Help article to configure multiple monitors. The steps for Windows 8/Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

Windows help & learning

Another way to fix is to go into settings, system, multitasking and disable snap... However this disables it completely.

BiohazardBR, Sep 25, 2022
  3. Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors

Hello my name is Bradford, and I'm an Independent Advisor for the Microsoft Community, and I'll help you with Aero not snapping correctly.

For Aero to work correctly the "physical layout of your monitors within Windows" needs to be adjusted.

Please see the tutorial included on the page at the link below:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/21084-multi...

If the problem or questions still exists after following the above steps, please let me know.

Omoikane1122, Sep 25, 2022
  4. mfcabc123 Win User

"Snap to" with multiple monitors

Snap (double screen)

How can I make my screen snap if I'm using two monitors? It would be nice if I could right click on the menu bar and have a dropdown option to snap when I have two screens open or double screens. Obviously I can't just click and drag to snap the screen as
    you can do with a single monitor screen.

There should be a way to do multiple snap screens with multiple monitors/screens...

That's my suggestion... Thanks,

mfcabc123, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

"Snap to" with multiple monitors

1. "Snap to" with multiple monitors - Similar Threads - Snap multiple monitors

2. Is there a way to snap a window across multiple monitors?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to snap a window across multiple monitors?: Adobe Premiere Pro takes up a lot of screen space so I typically run it on both monitors 24" x2. Is there a way to lock it across both? Currently it's floating in order to stretch across. I have marked the approximate location of the split point between monitors with a green...
  3. Is there a way to snap a window across multiple monitors?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to snap a window across multiple monitors?: Adobe Premiere Pro takes up a lot of screen space so I typically run it on both monitors 24" x2. Is there a way to lock it across both? Currently it's floating in order to stretch across. I have marked the approximate location of the split point between monitors with a green...
  4. "Snap to" with multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Snap to" with multiple monitors: Hi I am loving Windows 11 great job. I am a graphic designer and use a multiple monitor setup. How "snap to" works is great, but I use a laptop and an external monitor to extend the screen, it would be nice if I try to snap an open window there are no options to snap it to my...
  5. Snap to window is buggy for multiple monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap to window is buggy for multiple monitors: I have 5 monitors arranged thus: 1 2 345 If that doesn't come out right it's 3 along and 2 up, with the top middle one missing there's a stereo there. Snapping to windows works perfectly apart from one application which I want to run across the right two monitors 2...
  6. snap window with multiple monitors in portrait display mode

snap window with multiple monitors in portrait display mode: How can we use snap features in Windows 10 if our multiple monitors are in portrait display mode? One idea was: "You can assign new hotkeys (like Ctrl + Alt + Up/Down) on the Settings > Functions tab. The functions you're looking for are called "Size and Move Window to...
  7. snap with multiple monitors in portrait deisplay mode

snap with multiple monitors in portrait deisplay mode: How can we use snap features in Windows 10 if our multiple monitors are in portrait display mode? One idea was: "You can assign new hotkeys (like Ctrl + Alt + Up/Down) on the Settings > Functions tab. The functions you're looking for are called "Size and Move Window to...
  8. Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors

Aero snapping betwen multiple monitors: I have read multiple threads about this issue and it looks like Microsoft could not care less about Windows 10 users. These said threads are as old as 2015 and the issue is still not fixed. Long story short, I am using Windows Areo Snapping feature but when I want to move...
  9. Windows snapping between multiple monitors.

Windows snapping between multiple monitors.: I have read multiple threads about this issue and it looks like Microsoft could not care less about Windows 10 users. These said threads are as old as 2015 and the issue is still not fixed. Long story short, I am using Windows Areo Snapping feature but when I want to move...
  10. Snapping Console Windows Fail On Multiple Monitor Setup

Snapping Console Windows Fail On Multiple Monitor Setup: Hi All, I have Windows 10 w/ latest build. A recent problem started to occur when I use the Win-Key + Arrow keys to snap a command or powershell console window to the edge of a monitor. All other windows programs snap fine. I can use the Win-Key + Arrow keys to cycle them...