Windows 10: Snap Windows automatically turns itself back on

Discus and support Snap Windows automatically turns itself back on in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I unwillingly upgraded to Windows 11 and somehow my restore points got deleted over night, and I can't go back to Windows 10. Anyways I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lis joy, Apr 28, 2023.

1. lis joy Win User

Snap Windows automatically turns itself back on

I unwillingly upgraded to Windows 11 and somehow my restore points got deleted over night, and I can't go back to Windows 10. Anyways I am trying to accomplish the following:- Keep snap windows off- Able to drag and move full screen windows- Stop auto-resizing.So I turned off snap windows, went to ease of access and clicked "prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen". But they seem to reset each other and turn each other on/off. I can't have both working for some reason.

:)

lis joy, Apr 28, 2023
Thema:

Snap Windows automatically turns itself back on

1. Snap Windows automatically turns itself back on - Similar Threads - Snap automatically turns

2. Snap Windows automatically turns itself back on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap Windows automatically turns itself back on: I unwillingly upgraded to Windows 11 and somehow my restore points got deleted over night, and I can't go back to Windows 10. Anyways I am trying to accomplish the following:- Keep snap windows off- Able to drag and move full screen windows- Stop auto-resizing.So I turned off...
  3. Laptop turns itself back on when unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turns itself back on when unplugged: When I turn my laptop off and unplug it, it turns itself back on. If I shut it down while unplugged, it immediately restarts. If I shut it down while plugged in, it stays turned off. Need help to sort this please....
  4. Windows snapping automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows snapping automatically: Recently I've had an issue where whenever I drag a window anywhere I get a large green letter 1 on each screen and the window automatically snaps to full-screen. Even when I try to snap to an edge to make a split-screen it just full-screens. I don't want to turn off snaping...
  5. My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps turning itself back on by itself.: I have followed the steps suggested by others regarding why my computer keeps turning itself back on after I turn it of...and have had no success in making it stop. Anything else I can try? The only way I can keep it off is to push the power button which sometimes causes...
  6. Windows defender automatically turns itself off

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender automatically turns itself off: Hello, my store app crashed after updating apps and I couldn't fix it for a day, whenever i tried to re sign it using powershell it said my firewall was off, I checked to see that no matter what I did, I couldn't turn it on so I decided to reset my pc, but after a couple of...
  7. Windows Anti-Virus turning itself back on

Windows Anti-Virus turning itself back on: The Windows built-in anti virus is incredibly annoying as it keeps turning itself on, and getting rid of important files on my PC. Is there any way to permanently disable this?...
  8. windows 10 password turned itself back on

windows 10 password turned itself back on: I had disabled password entry when starting my laptop. For over a week, the laptop could be used without a password. Today, it suddenly started requiring a password again upon starting. None of my old passwords worked and it had to be reset. It is being used by family so is...
  9. "connect automatically" turning itself back on instantly on "unknown network" resulting in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "connect automatically" turning itself back on instantly on "unknown network" resulting in...: I noticed my wifi kept shutting itself off after about 10 seconds of connecting. I looked in my list and noticed an unknown network set to connect automatically. As soon as I connect to my wifi, the other one hijacks it and disconnects it from my wifi. I obviously tried...
  10. Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on: I've been trying to turn on Auto Updates on my laptop (using Windows 10) but when I click to turn it on, it will literally just default back to off seconds after I turn it on. Highly unusual, I've never had this happen on any laptop or PC I've had before, be it Windows 10 or...