Windows 10: Snap windows turned off = Cannot move maximised window (Win 10 v2004)

Discus and support Snap windows turned off = Cannot move maximised window (Win 10 v2004) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fluidzreddit [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fluidzreddit, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Snap windows turned off = Cannot move maximised window (Win 10 v2004)

/u/fluidzreddit, Aug 7, 2020
  2. Bladesman Win User

Shortcut for maximising from snapped window

Hi all,

I've recently updated to W10, and am hoping I'm missing a shortcut for maximising snapped windows.

I'm the sort of person that likes to minimise mouse use. I'm used to snapping windows to the left or right using the shortcut "Start + Left/Right Arrow". I can still use this, and I generally like the Snap Assist functionality that now comes with it.

However, I am currently finding it quite annoying to use keyboard shortcuts to get out of this view (i.e. when you have 1 screen snapped left and 1 screen snapped right). The only shortcut I can find for maximising a screen is "Start + Up Arrow", however this will instead snap it to the top quadrant (on its respective side), and snap assist will ask you what you want to snap to the bottom quadrant. From what I can see, you then have to Esc out of this and then try "Start + Up Arrow" again.

Is there not a keyboard shortcut to maximise directly from a snapped window? It's currently taking 3 keyboard shortcuts, which is sort of a paradox.

It sounds fairly basic, but it's quite annoying when you are regularly snapping windows to left/right, and something I could do easily on W7.

For completeness, steps to reproduce:

1. Have several windows open in W10, (min. 3). Also, have snap assist turned on in settings
    2. "Start + Left Arrow" to snap active screen to left. Snap assist should appear on right
    3. Use Arrow Keys and Enter to select a window to snap to right
    Imagine working on these screens for a bit
    4. Now try to maximise a window, use shortcut "Start + Up Arrow" - doesn't work, screen will snap to top left/right
    5. Press Esc to exit Snap Assist
    6. Again try to maximise window, use shortcut "Start + Up Arrow"

If anyone could help me find a way to end the process at step 4, that would be lovely!

Thanks a lot,

Tom

Bladesman, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Cannot turn off Snap

When I move a window it automatically snaps to full size, I've tried everything turning off all the snap feature in ease of use and all the other methods found on the net no matter what I do as soon as I move a window it snap to full size

IrvingTravis, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Snap windows turned off = Cannot move maximised window (Win 10 v2004)

Windows 10 maximising windows when moving to a different monitor, why?

Hello,

I use two monitors on my PC but for some reason windows 10 has started to maximise windows when moving the window from monitor 1 to monitor 2.

Have gone to display settings, multitasking, and tried turning each option on and off but it makes no difference. And each time I go into that setting, the first option defaults to off, even after I left it to on, so all the snap options are off.

So why does it keep resizing to maximum every window I drag over? Making this unuseable, I don't want it to keep maximising my windows unless I tell it to.

karlhargreaves, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

Snap windows turned off = Cannot move maximised window (Win 10 v2004)

1. Snap windows turned off = Cannot move maximised window (Win 10 v2004) - Similar Threads - Snap turned off

2. How to turn off SNAP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off SNAP: I was trying to use Snap or Snip and Sketch. Now when I open a screen the right side is off the edge of my small monitor and I can't read the border, or close, or access the new right side tab. Please tell me how to undo this application that I think allows me to use multiple...
  3. How to turn off SNAP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off SNAP: I was trying to use Snap or Snip and Sketch. Now when I open a screen the right side is off the edge of my small monitor and I can't read the border, or close, or access the new right side tab. Please tell me how to undo this application that I think allows me to use multiple...
  4. snap windows cannot turn off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snap windows cannot turn off: each time i take a doc t the top of my windows desktop , i get a blue column and the docs horizontal with is reduced in size. I have turned of multitasking > snap windows but to no avail.Any sugestions on how to get rid of this annoyance?...
  5. snap windows cannot turn off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snap windows cannot turn off: each time i take a doc t the top of my windows desktop , i get a blue column and the docs horizontal with is reduced in size. I have turned of multitasking > snap windows but to no avail.Any sugestions on how to get rid of this annoyance?...
  6. [Win 10 v2004] If "Snap windows" is turned off, I cannot drag a fullscreen window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Win 10 v2004] If "Snap windows" is turned off, I cannot drag a fullscreen window: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fluidzreddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5kl77/win_10_v2004_if_snap_windows_is_turned_off_i/
  7. Help turning off the window snap grid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help turning off the window snap grid: I need this feature gone and out of my life. anyone know how to turn it off? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-turning-off-the-window-snap-grid/9a5dd5cd-c6f2-404e-bebc-84a0653cc98b
  8. Shortcut for maximising from snapped window

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut for maximising from snapped window: Hi all, I've recently updated to W10, and am hoping I'm missing a shortcut for maximising snapped windows. I'm the sort of person that likes to minimise mouse use. I'm used to snapping windows to the left or right using the shortcut "Start + Left/Right Arrow". I can...
  9. Turn On or Off Aero Snap in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Aero Snap in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Snap Windows in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Snap Windows in Windows 10 Your screen can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. The Snap windows (aka: Aero Snap) feature includes Snap Assist and 2x2 snapping to help you organize...
  10. Windows 10 Turn off Snap Assit

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Turn off Snap Assit: How can I turn off Snap Assist widget that is at top of screen when moving windows. I have watched videos, I have read posts, in "Multitasking" I have everything turned off and it won't go away. I have 3 monitors if that makes a difference. 107072