Windows 10: snap

Discus and support snap in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't understand when I read to snap a window automatically fill the page or screen??please I'm not that tech savvy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jacquidechavan, Aug 25, 2018.

1. snap

I don't understand when I read to snap a window automatically fill the page or screen??please I'm not that tech savvy

:)

jacquidechavan, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Digijan Win User
    Snap Assist to top and bottom in portrait mode

I work in Portrait on my desktop and have found an almost-but-not-quite solution building on Eeshwar's suggestion.

1) Snap a window to one of the corners. For this purpose we'll say you have your notes app and Snap it to bottom-left or bottom-right.

2) Size the snapped window horizontally to fill the screen

3) Snap "top" window to either top corner - the window will match the size of your previously-snapped bottom window and fill the rest of the screen.

This solution has drawbacks:

1) Extra step - you must resize the initial window after snapping

2) No official keyboard shortcuts

Digijan, Aug 25, 2018
  4. snap

Windows 10 Snap not working

Thanks Netmouser13! Going through your steps helped snap Snap back into working snap :)

ClintHanna, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

snap

1. snap - Similar Threads - snap

2. I lost features like snap windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost features like snap windows: I have lost features like snap windows in my Windows because I reset my PC.Now I can't access all those features https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-features-like-snap-windows/6d674d8e-292f-40a4-838b-c6229a20425c
  3. I lost features like snap windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost features like snap windows: I have lost features like snap windows in my Windows because I reset my PC.Now I can't access all those features https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-features-like-snap-windows/6d674d8e-292f-40a4-838b-c6229a20425c
  4. how do i get it to not tell me what app to snap to? i have the option off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get it to not tell me what app to snap to? i have the option off: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 23H2 Installed on ‎29/‎12/‎2023 OS build 22631.3447 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0...
  5. how do i get it to not tell me what app to snap to? i have the option off

how do i get it to not tell me what app to snap to? i have the option off: Edition Windows 11 Home Version 23H2 Installed on ‎29/‎12/‎2023 OS build 22631.3447 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22688.1000.0...
  6. How do a lock a window in place *without* using Snap Assist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do a lock a window in place *without* using Snap Assist: If I have a window that can only be full-screen, and I have another window opened in a half-screen, is there a way to lock that half-screen window so it doesn't minimize when I click on the full-screen window?...
  7. How do a lock a window in place *without* using Snap Assist

How do a lock a window in place *without* using Snap Assist: If I have a window that can only be full-screen, and I have another window opened in a half-screen, is there a way to lock that half-screen window so it doesn't minimize when I click on the full-screen window?...
  8. how to snap windows to taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to snap windows to taskbar: Windows 7 allowed you to snap the top of the window to the top of the screen and the bottom of the window to the taskbar not left right up or down, but individually width'd windows, that were snapped to top of screen and taskbar - the left and right vertical edges of each...
  9. Snap layout on hover don't show custom layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snap layout on hover don't show custom layouts: I've added three custom Snap Layouts through Powertoys FancyZones and assigned shortcuts to them 7, 8 & 9 but the custom layouts don't show up, nor does the short cuts work.Shortcuts for the "built in" ones work fine.How can I get the "popup" to show my custom layouts, as it...
  10. Snap layout on hover don't show custom layouts

Snap layout on hover don't show custom layouts: I've added three custom Snap Layouts through Powertoys FancyZones and assigned shortcuts to them 7, 8 & 9 but the custom layouts don't show up, nor does the short cuts work.Shortcuts for the "built in" ones work fine.How can I get the "popup" to show my custom layouts, as it...