Windows 10: Snapped windows change size after waking from sleep

Discus and support Snapped windows change size after waking from sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've researched and tried multiple things but nothing has worked so far. Switched from a Macbook to Windows 10 for work computer. BetterSnapTool is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CoryVandenberg, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Snapped windows change size after waking from sleep

I've researched and tried multiple things but nothing has worked so far. Switched from a Macbook to Windows 10 for work computer. BetterSnapTool is awesome on Mac.

The built-in Snap function for Windows 10 is fine while working, but when the computer goes to sleep, windows that are snapped to 1/4 of the screen resize to 1/2 of the screen. It's an annoying behavior.

I've updated the graphics driver from Intel. I've removed registry keys. I've removed hidden monitors. Nothing works. Is a 3rd party software the only solution? I've got an LG monitor, but the drivers are just generic microsoft PNP drivers. Do I need a LG driver? I thought I got one, but maybe was just a control panel driver for the monitor.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Cory

:)

CoryVandenberg, Sep 5, 2020

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Sep 5, 2020
  4. John Sarc Win User

Snapped windows change size after waking from sleep

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Snapped windows change size after waking from sleep

1. Snapped windows change size after waking from sleep - Similar Threads - Snapped change size

2. Bsod after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod after waking from sleep: Hello,I'm having bsod lately after waking pc from sleep, I can't catch that screen, it goes off really quick.it's a new pc, installed win10 about a month agohere's my dmp fileshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AqFHk3GAh2ODgfZFUZ7hWiJMBPtoDg?e=wVsUqh...
  3. Taskbar changes size when computer wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar changes size when computer wakes up from sleep: My taskbar is 3 rows so I can see all my apps and tabs and shortcuts. When the computer wakes up from sleep, it goes to 1 row wide, and I have to reset it. I have it set to "lock the taskbar" and "use small taskbar buttons" is off. It used to work fine and stay locked at 3...
  4. Taskbar changes size when computer wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar changes size when computer wakes up from sleep: My taskbar is 3 rows so I can see all my apps and tabs and shortcuts. When the computer wakes up from sleep, it goes to 1 row wide, and I have to reset it. I have it set to "lock the taskbar" and "use small taskbar buttons" is off. It used to work fine and stay locked at 3...
  5. Taskbar changes size when computer wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Crash After Waking From Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crash After Waking From Sleep: I got a crash after waking from sleep and I got this from the windows dump file using windbg. What is causing this error?Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.21349.1004 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File...
  7. Windows changes window size after sleep

Windows changes window size after sleep: This is not an issue of any urgency. I just don't know the answer and wonder if anyone else might. My computer is new, a couple of weeks old. When I come back to the computer after it's been sleeping, all the open windows have shrunk to a smaller size, and I don't know why....
  8. BSOD after wake from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after wake from sleep: Every once in a while when my computer wakes from sleep it experiences a BSOD and restarts. This doesn't happen every time, but it's been happening for a few months now so it's quite annoying. I've installed all the latest windows 10 updates and video card driver, but it...
  9. Dual screen background changes after waking from sleep

Dual screen background changes after waking from sleep: Ok, so I've searched for a while and cannot find an answer so I must ask it on my own. I currently have a dual monitor setup. The primary monitor is front of me and the second monitor is mounted direct above the primary. I have one background image that spans both screens....
  10. Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Launch icons change size (and content) after waking from sleep: I have the Quick Launch toolbar configured with a bunch of icons, and it's set up to be the exact width required for the icons to fit. If I close the lid of the laptop to have it go to sleep, when I bring it back from sleep, the icons have grown larger, so they no longer fit...