Windows 10: Snapped windows get unsnapped and slightly resized after exiting full screen?

Discus and support Snapped windows get unsnapped and slightly resized after exiting full screen? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I just did a full wipe and reinstall of windows on my PC. I use a 21:9 ratio monitor and I've always had two chrome windows snapped side to side... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnLabrier, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Snapped windows get unsnapped and slightly resized after exiting full screen?

So I just did a full wipe and reinstall of windows on my PC. I use a 21:9 ratio monitor and I've always had two chrome windows snapped side to side taking 50% of the screen each. I had no problems before going into full screen with the snapped windows and when I exited full screen the windows would be snapped in place just like prior going into full screen. But for some reason, now after my windows fresh install, after leaving full screen, the window that was in full screen is now unsnapped and the one that wasn't in full screen is still snapped like it should be.

Anybody else encounter this issue? Any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks!

:)

JohnLabrier, Jan 15, 2019

2. Window Snap / resize

I have been through all of those steps. Windows are still snapping, and in some cases resizing to small windows. This has to stop...

jeffzervos, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Jake Win User
    How to disable Windows 10 window resize behavior after snapping?

I like Windows' snapping features, for the most part. I have trouble with one aspect of the feature, which resizes a window back to its previous size after snapping, if you move the window. I would rather keep the window at the snapped size.

Follow these steps to see what I mean:

1. Open a new window
      • Note the size of the window at this point
    2. Snap it to the side of the screen (Win + LeftArrow)
    3. Resize the window to be shorter
    4. Move the window to another spot

You will observe after step 4 that the window returns to the size it was in step 1. Windows remembers that size and recalls it when you move the window. Is there a way to have Windows keep the size I set via snap/resize instead of the previous size?

4. Snapped windows get unsnapped and slightly resized after exiting full screen?

Snapped Windows get bigger after exiting fullscreen mode

Hi, I recently reset my PC and now when I have a snapped window (ie Google Chrome/VLC media player) and enter and exit fullscreen the window gets resized slightly to being wider than it was before. How do I figure out what's causing this?

MichealHeanue, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Snapped windows get unsnapped and slightly resized after exiting full screen?

1. Snapped windows get unsnapped and slightly resized after exiting full screen? - Similar Threads - Snapped unsnapped slightly

2. Desktop ICONS snapped to Grid and won't Unsnap - Caused by Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop ICONS snapped to Grid and won't Unsnap - Caused by Edge?: I launched Edge and the Windows system crashed. When the ICONS came back they came back in a Snap to Grid type setup. I can't rearrange or move them, and they're in no particular order.Each time I launch Edge, the desktop blinks off, but the ICONs remain locked.How do I fix...
  3. Window snapping without resizing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Window snapping without resizing?: In Linux Mint, if you drag something to the side of the screen it will "lock" to it, without resizing the window. Is there any way to get the same functionality in Windows 10 at all? I have three screens and my left screen I want to have my foobar2000 docked to the right...
  4. snap to full screen

snap to full screen: how do i shut off snap to full screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-to-full-screen/e72839f6-c49b-45fb-ace4-6021c49c2698
  5. Resize from full screen

Resize from full screen: The full screen icon doesn't seem to work anymore since last update. Use to be able to look at multiple screens and can nolonger do that-any fixs would be helpful https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resize-from-full-screen/bd853ca1-7fa2-455b-9bf8-a108f09e8ff7
  6. Snapped Windows get bigger after exiting fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Snapped Windows get bigger after exiting fullscreen mode: Hi, I recently reset my PC and now when I have a snapped window (ie Google Chrome/VLC media player) and enter and exit fullscreen the window gets resized slightly to being wider than it was before. How do I figure out what's causing this?...
  7. Multi-tasking Snap not resizing windows to fill the screen.

Multi-tasking Snap not resizing windows to fill the screen.: Hi, this is a problem that I have been having for months now, and I have tried various different fixes and nothing has helped. I am using Windows 10 on a single display (laptop). When I use the snap feature to have multiple windows split on screen, they do not fully resize...
  8. Windows Resizing After Full Screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows Resizing After Full Screen: After I exit certain games that operate in full screen mode, the surrounding window sizes of other applications (such as Windows Explorer) are drastically reduced, forcing me to manually resize them. I have an HP Omen desktop with a Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card, connected...
  9. Windows Automatically Resizing After Full Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Automatically Resizing After Full Screen: After I exit certain games that operate in full screen mode, the surrounding window sizes of other applications (such as Windows Explorer) are drastically reduced, forcing me to manually resize them. I have an HP Omen desktop with a Nvidia GTX 1060 graphics card, connected...
  10. keyboard window resize snap?

in Windows 10 Support
    keyboard window resize snap?: Do not have Win10, but am wondering something. In Eightforums.com I posted a thread with the title: keyboard window resize snap . It's that annoying 'feature' that occurs when the on-screen keyboard button next to the 'X' button is pressed: which resizes ALL the windows...