Windows 10: Snip and Sketch Crashing

Discus and support Snip and Sketch Crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I replace my trusty old Dell Workstation with a new HP Z4 Workstation ...both running Insider Beta Builds...the Snip and Sketch tool locks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jweigel, Feb 24, 2021.

1. jweigel Win User

Snip and Sketch Crashing

Ever since I replace my trusty old Dell Workstation with a new HP Z4 Workstation ...both running Insider Beta Builds...the Snip and Sketch tool locks up and/or crashes. I have searched and tried everything. I have been using Greenshot as an alternative but it is not as fast and useful as the Snip and Sketch.

I did some more digging and found the application log and this is what displays each time I try to use Snip and Sketch

Faulting application name: ScreenClippingHost.exe, version: 321.2906.0.0, time stamp: 0x6014372dFaulting module name: twinapi.appcore.dll, version: 10.0.21318.1000, time stamp: 0xe2f237afException code: 0xc000027bFault offset: 0x00000000000e809aFaulting process id: 0x4260Faulting application start time: 0x01d70ac0539bb28cFaulting application path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_cw5n1h2txyewy\ScreenClippingHost.exeFaulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\twinapi.appcore.dllReport Id: 75b7f9de-9a48-440a-95ea-96fc98ea6ec5Faulting package full name: MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS_321.2906.0.3_x64__cw5n1h2txyewyFaulting package-relative application ID: ScreenClipping

I have ran a SFC /Scannow
    Repair and reset Snip and Sketch App
    All caught up on Video drivers and Windows Builds/Updates.

Win10EnterpriseInsider 21318.rs...210216-1530

Would love to figure this out.

Thanks for any help.

jjw
    ND

:)

jweigel, Feb 24, 2021

2. Snip and sketch crashes 100%

I have the same problem, and I use screensketch frequently for work )-:

I have tried:

• reset the app
    • re-install the app

but as soon as I open an snip in Snip & Sketch or open it from the Start menu, it crashes.

Erikvan der Neut, Feb 24, 2021
  3. John DeV Win User
    Snip & sketch

Hello FrankEngstrom,

Thank you for updating me that information. If you mean the snip and sketch? Based on your description the snipping tool is crashing?

Please try to reset Snip and Sketch

Press Start then search Apps and Features

Select Snip and Sketch on the list

Click Terminate then Reset

If it doesn't work, Please try to create a new administrator account then check if everything is working.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402692...

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Snip and Sketch Crashing

Snip and sketch crashes 100%

SNip and sketch stopped working on me. When I attempt to open a sketch is just crashes

Johannes Kingma, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Snip and Sketch Crashing

1. Snip and Sketch Crashing - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch Crashing

2. Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip & Sketch: Hello!I'm here to ask if anyone else is having issues with the Snip & Sketch tool. it is no longer responding to the short cut windows key + shift + s and it's really quite annoying. I use it daily and now it's just useless.I've uninstalled and reinstalled already but it did...
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  5. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Snip and Sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip and Sketch: When I use the snip and sketch shortcut, it delays for 3 seconds before allowing me to snip what I want. When I do the same on a laptop, it is near instant. How come the snip and sketch is delayed on my computer?...
  7. Snip and Sketch Crashing

Snip and Sketch Crashing: Ever since I replace my trusty old Dell Workstation with a new HP Z4 Workstation ...both running Insider Beta Builds...the Snip and Sketch tool locks up and/or crashes. I have searched and tried everything. I have been using Greenshot as an alternative but it is not as fast...
  8. Snip and sketch crashes 100%

Snip and sketch crashes 100%: SNip and sketch stopped working on me. When I attempt to open a sketch is just crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-and-sketch-crashes-100/ece364dc-9b94-42c8-911a-d8f1c817ebfc
  9. Snip and Sketch

Snip and Sketch: Hi! I have been happily using your snipping tool for years. Snip and sketch is clunky and frankly not intuitive. I try the logo+Shift+S to capture whole screen and it takes forever to never create anything but the address bar of the browser. Snipping opened it self and...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...