Windows 10: Snip and Sketch has stopped working

Discus and support Snip and Sketch has stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when I press NEW in snip and sketch nothing happens. This app has worked in the past. I just uninstalled it and downloaded a new copy from the MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HerbSchmoll, May 14, 2020.

1. Snip and Sketch has stopped working

when I press NEW in snip and sketch nothing happens. This app has worked in the past. I just uninstalled it and downloaded a new copy from the MS Store and it still does not work. I have also run DISM and SFC and both reported no issues. Help.

:)

HerbSchmoll, May 14, 2020

2. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, May 14, 2020
  3. Snip & Sketch

Thank you for clarifying what is being phased out - I already cannot use the "Snipping Tool" as it appears to have stopped working. Glad that Snip & Sketch will continue to exist.

I think I have found what the issue is: a security add-in for browsing financial records is blocking the screen capture for me. I have not found how to deem the screen grab in the snip&sketch app "safe" but was able to temporarily stop it, which appears
    to have made the app useful again.

Thanks to all who took time to respond!

Atty Laura R., May 14, 2020
  4. JimWynne Win User

Snip and Sketch has stopped working

Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Snip and Sketch has stopped working

1. Snip and Sketch has stopped working - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch has

2. Snip and Sketch not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and Sketch not working: Hi,I've been using snip and sketch for a while now but recently it stopped working. A blue screen with an X constantly pops up and nothing happens. How can I get it to work again?...
  3. Snip and Sketch stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip and Sketch stopped working.: Today Snip and Sketch Win-Shift-S stopped working. It was working fine yesterday.Pressing WIn-Shift-S brings up the snipping tool and allows me to highlight an area to snip but when I do so, nothing happens. There is no way to edit or save the selected area.I use this...
  4. Snip and Sketch stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and Sketch stopped working.: Today Snip and Sketch Win-Shift-S stopped working. It was working fine yesterday.Pressing WIn-Shift-S brings up the snipping tool and allows me to highlight an area to snip but when I do so, nothing happens. There is no way to edit or save the selected area.I use this...
  5. Snip and sketch stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip and sketch stopped working: Win-Shift-S allows me to select a screen area to capture but nothing happens when I make the selection. This was all working as recently as yesterday. I did a shutdown and reboot to no effect.I use this often, so it is a big deal to me when not working!...
  6. Snip and sketch stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and sketch stopped working: Win-Shift-S allows me to select a screen area to capture but nothing happens when I make the selection. This was all working as recently as yesterday. I did a shutdown and reboot to no effect.I use this often, so it is a big deal to me when not working!...
  7. Snip and sketch stopped working Yellow Border

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip and sketch stopped working Yellow Border: Hello all,My snip and sketch tool suddenly stopped working. Everytime I press it, a yellow border appears but nothing happens. Snipping works using the snipping tool app. I have tried many fixes, including resetting and reinstalling the app. I use this app win shift s very...
  8. Snip & Sketch Not Working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Snip & Sketch Not Working.: Hi Guys... Among my other windows woes I now find that skip and sketch does not start up. The snipping tool still works thank goodness. I click the icon and the screen appears for a second or two then goes. I have tried refresh, uninstall and re install of the app from the...
  9. Snip and Sketch tool has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip and Sketch tool has stopped working: I have been using Snip and Sketch daily since it first replaced the Snipping tool. A week or two ago it stopped working - r rather it works once in a session then stops working. Windows shift-S launches it the first time after restarting my PC and I can snip but after that...
  10. snip and sketch not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    snip and sketch not working: my application snip and sketch is not working i can take a screeen shot but it does not get saved i does show on the clipbord when i press win+v but i cant view it plz help me fix this problem -confused AF all the time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SNIP AND SKETCH WILL SNIP BUT NOT SKETCH

2. snipping tool not working windows 10