Windows 10: Snip and Sketch make the pointer move to the right and affect other applications as well

Discus and support Snip and Sketch make the pointer move to the right and affect other applications as well in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This week it starts this strange behavior. WHen I try to capture sopmething, the pointer moves to the right and, in cas I can get the image, it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Former MVP Daniel Seara, May 12, 2021.

1. Snip and Sketch make the pointer move to the right and affect other applications as well

This week it starts this strange behavior. WHen I try to capture sopmething, the pointer moves to the right and, in cas I can get the image, it is taken but the right part of the selection. Moreover, other applications like One Note, or Windows 10 Configuration, starts to behaves the same: the focus moves automaticayy until it reaches the las option to the right.

:)

Former MVP Daniel Seara, May 12, 2021
  2. lacrumb Win User

Snip & sketch

Go to the Store, click on the 3 dots near your picture, My Library, Scroll down and see if Snip & Sketch is on the list. If it is at the right is it Install or Launch.

lacrumb, May 12, 2021
  3. Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having a flickering screen while using Snip and sketch on your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Do you see this behavior in any other application?

Meanwhile, let us try few steps.

Step 1: Reset Snip & Sketch app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Snip & Sketch
      app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2: Update display driver.

We would suggest you to update the display driver from Device Manager. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 12, 2021
  4. John DeV Win User

Snip and Sketch make the pointer move to the right and affect other applications as well

crash of application 'photo' and 'snip &sketch'

Hello GaomingLin,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you have a problem with Windows Photo and Snip and Sketch not working. Did you made any changes recently? When was the last time it was working properly?
    What is your current windows version and edition? Press Start then search Settings, select System then About.

Kindly try the suggested methods below.

**Run the troubleshooter:

Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

**Make sure Photos and Snip& Sketch version is up to date

Open Microsoft Store then Click 3 dots

Select Download and Updates >

Update Microsoft Photos, Snip and Sketch or click Get Updates

**Uninstall Snip and Sketch via Powershell

Press Windows Key+X then select Powershell(Admin)

Copy paste the command below then press Enter

Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.ScreenSketch* -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

After that, Open Microsoft Store then Install Snip and Sketch

If it doesn't work, Copy paste the command below then press Enter to reinstall Snip and Sketch.

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.ScreenSketch | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Snip and Sketch make the pointer move to the right and affect other applications as well

1. Snip and Sketch make the pointer move to the right and affect other applications as well - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch pointer

2. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant install Snip and Sketch application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install Snip and Sketch application: Hi I'm using the application with the name of snipping tool but i want to install the extended Snip and Sketch application but I cant find it in Microsoft store what can I do?...
  6. Cant install Snip and Sketch application

Cant install Snip and Sketch application: Hi im using the application with the name of snipping tool but i also want to the extended Snip and Sketch application but i cant find it in microsoft store what can i do?...
  7. Snip and Sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip and Sketch: When I use the snip and sketch shortcut, it delays for 3 seconds before allowing me to snip what I want. When I do the same on a laptop, it is near instant. How come the snip and sketch is delayed on my computer?...
  8. Snip and Sketch makes the snipped image darker than it actually is

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and Sketch makes the snipped image darker than it actually is: I'm too sure why, but the image that I crop out with Snip and Sketch and snipping tool will always be a shade darker than the actual image that I cropped, and it doesn't go away when I save the picture or use the picture elsewhere - help?...
  9. Unable to use Snip & Sketch application

Unable to use Snip & Sketch application: My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. The blue screen opens when I click on the icon and then disappears. I have reset it in settings and shut down the computer 2x and still nothing.HELP ***Original title: snip and sketch***...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...