Windows 10: Snip and Sketch returns error "Something went wrong" when trying to print

Discus and support Snip and Sketch returns error "Something went wrong" when trying to print in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We are having an issue with the built in app Snip and Sketch where an image is taken and we try to print. Normally, after clicking the print button a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JAB_50, Sep 16, 2021.

1. JAB_50 Win User

Snip and Sketch returns error "Something went wrong" when trying to print

We are having an issue with the built in app Snip and Sketch where an image is taken and we try to print. Normally, after clicking the print button a dialog of configured printers will show up. Unfortunately, instead of the dialog to choose a printer, the error "Something went wrong" is displayed.I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled from the Microsoft Store. This still has not resolved. The interesting thing is if I log into the computer using an Admin profile, I can use the tool and it will print just fine. Other applications like Notepad or the older Snipping Tool work just fine p

:)

JAB_50, Sep 16, 2021
  2. JimWynne Win User

Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Sep 16, 2021
  3. johnbuck4 Win User
    Snip and Sketch

Windows Accessories Snip & Sketch

When i open the Snip and sketch tool I am able to select an area and copy it. However none of the pencils, icons are active I am not able to select them and draw or highlight anything on the clipped item. what is wrong??

Any suggestion welcome

john

johnbuck4, Sep 16, 2021
  4. John DeV Win User

Snip & sketch

Hello FrankEngstrom,

Thank you for updating me that information. If you mean the snip and sketch? Based on your description the snipping tool is crashing?

Please try to reset Snip and Sketch

Press Start then search Apps and Features

Select Snip and Sketch on the list

Click Terminate then Reset

If it doesn't work, Please try to create a new administrator account then check if everything is working.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402692...

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Snip and Sketch returns error "Something went wrong" when trying to print - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch returns

2. Snipping Tool "Something Went Wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool "Something Went Wrong": I was in the middle of using the Snipping tool on an up to date windows 11 system. Now, while I can snip and save the image, I can no longer open any images with the tool. I get the error Snipping Tool Something Went Wrong.I have repaired, reset, uninstalled, reinstalled to...
  3. Snipping Tool "Something Went Wrong"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool "Something Went Wrong": I was in the middle of using the Snipping tool on an up to date windows 11 system. Now, while I can snip and save the image, I can no longer open any images with the tool. I get the error Snipping Tool Something Went Wrong.I have repaired, reset, uninstalled, reinstalled to...
  4. Something went wrong

Something went wrong: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  5. Something went wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something went wrong.: Hey guys i need help. What can i do if my pc keeps on saying something went wrong when trying to set up or change my pc pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/something-went-wrong/6ddb134d-ff79-4f73-8bf8-9b0fac361fc0
  6. Something went wrong?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Something went wrong?: hey i can't use windows insider program. before appeared to me "To manage the Windows Insider Program...you'll need to turn on optional diagnostic data" but i searched on google and found this solution...
  7. Snip & Sketch Returns Grey Blank

Snip & Sketch Returns Grey Blank: I have been trying to use Snip & Sketch on a Windows 10 PC but every time I try, whether by launching the app or using Windows+Shift+S the end result is the same - a rectangular snip returns just a blank, grey rectangle in the app and not the data I wanted to get. This seems...
  8. Snip & Sketch reports error notification "Something Went Wrong" when attempting to save...

Snip & Sketch reports error notification "Something Went Wrong" when attempting to save...: Snip & Sketch App says "Something went wrong" When using the Microsft Windows 10 app named Snip & Sketch. Every time I would select an image and attempt to save the image as a file. I would click the icon to save to file and I would get a notification that reads "Something...
  9. Error: Something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error: Something went wrong: I can't upload photos from my iphone 10 into the photos app on windows 10. Half of the time it can't find anything on the phone, and then when it does it starts uploading and immediately I get an error message saying "something went wrong"...
  10. Something Went Wrong Error on Log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something Went Wrong Error on Log in: I am getting this error message: Something Went wrong Error, try again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/something-went-wrong-error-on-log-in/420281dc-e314-4b6b-9510-0223b741776c