Windows 10: Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG

Discus and support Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I commonly use the command Windows+Shift+S which uses Snip and Sketch and put the snippet on my clipboard. I am wondering if there is any quick setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HaydenFu, Jun 11, 2020.

1. HaydenFu Win User

Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG

I commonly use the command Windows+Shift+S which uses Snip and Sketch and put the snippet on my clipboard. I am wondering if there is any quick setting or way to automatically save my snip and sketchestaken using Windows+Shift+S as a file on my computer, not just on my clipboard.

Note: I do realize that if I open up snip and sketchthe app I can save the snip onto my computer, but I would like to know if I can save it using the faster method of Windows+Shift+S. I am looking to have the snips save automatically the way that windows+prtscrn automatically saves the screen snip locally.

Thank you in advance, and if function does not exist, please add it as an option in settings.

:)

HaydenFu, Jun 11, 2020

2. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

What about Win+w (Ink Workspace); is it still there? You might get a different symptom from trying to save a "Screen Sketch" made that way. Oh. Apparently "Snip and sketch" is just a new name for that? If so, you don't need to save anything, just
    use the Resume button.

That would be new too. No sign that Ink Workspace is installable in 1803.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Jun 11, 2020
  4. JimWynne Win User

Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch Save

2. Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save: Printscreen function works if i hit windows + printscreen - it saves to screenshots folderSnip and sketch shows up in clipboard but not in screenshots folder{B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} is missing from user shell data folder per these instructions I tried resetting...
  3. Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save: Printscreen function works if i hit windows + printscreen - it saves to screenshots folderSnip and sketch shows up in clipboard but not in screenshots folder{B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} is missing from user shell data folder per these instructions I tried resetting...
  4. Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to use Snip & Sketch to copy to a .jpg image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use Snip & Sketch to copy to a .jpg image: I often use Snip & Sketch and copy/paste the image into an email or other document. This creates a .png file -- how do I get S&S to create a .jpg file?I know I could save the image as a .jpg file but that requires extra steps and I don't want to save the image as a file -- I...
  6. Photos, Snip and Sketch Tool Not Saving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos, Snip and Sketch Tool Not Saving: I first received an error message when trying to save a cropped image from Photos that prompted I did not have permission to save changes to this type of file. The prompt suggests making a copy, which does not work either.Today I tried using the snip and sketch tool to show...
  7. is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?: when I use the function, it says "snip has been saved to clipboard" or something but I can't paste it anywhere I like, I have to open the snip and manually save it. is there a more automatic or faster way to save a screenshot? Win+PrtSc screenshot everything on the screen, I...
  8. Auto-save Snip & Sketch screenshots?

Auto-save Snip & Sketch screenshots?: Is this possible? I love that PrtScn autosaves to my OneDrive, but I have been using my PC in tablet mode a lot recently so I have to use Snip & Sketch instead. I have been using it during class lectures online, and sometimes they move relatively quickly so I don't have time...
  9. Snip & Sketch - saving shortcut key

Snip & Sketch - saving shortcut key: I use a lot of snip & sketch in windows. Shortcut shift+win+s is great. Do exist shortcut key to saving snip after I've made it? Nowadays I must click window in notifications (win+a) and safe snip from snip&sketch window. submitted by /u/CaishenNefri [link] [comments]...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...